Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animal Person

MommaKat
September 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hey folks. I stumbled on this forum by a happy accident and gosh I'm glad I did! I use to think I was a cat person, I always adored cat's. 4 years ago Hubby and I adopted 2 of the sweetest cats ever.

They soaked up tears,gave us cuddles and made us laugh, but a little while ago we felt like something was missing in our fur family. So when we knew a work friend of my hubbys was giving up their 2 year old Newfoundland Dog we asked if we could have her and they said yes :)

Maggie is on the smallish side for a newf, she's quirky and mischievous but super sweet. She was a little sad when we got her but warmed up quickly to us. She LOVES children, it's really quite cute how slow she is around them and loves nothing more then sitting beside them with the possibilty of getting belly rubs.

My name is Kat, and I'm an Animal person :dog::cat::cat:

EDIT: Pictures of Fur-babies later to come.

BenMax
September 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Welcome and enjoy all the other animal people and their quirky ways to the 'outside' world.

Karin
September 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Welcome aboard! It has been a while since I have been here.

It is an empty life if not shared with a critter. I know this to be true......I am not ready for another yet, my Ciara's paws prints are hard to fill. Right now I borrow everyone else's dog kisses, and I steal my neighbors cat, "Mouth" , and spoil her rotten when he is away.

TeriM
September 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the forum :). We're looking forward to those pictures you promised :fingerscr.

Tundra_Queen
September 9th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Hi there!
I'm new here too but I like it here,,so much good information.

How is Maggie and the cats getting along? I love Newfy dogs they are so big but like big pillows. LOL

Take care

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Hi, MommaKat. Welcome to the board. :D

14+kitties
September 9th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome MommaKat! Enjoy yourself. There's lots to read about here and lots of fun too!!
And it seems like no one else has asked so I guess it's left up to me......... pics please? :pray:

MommaKat
September 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hehe I posted pics in the photograph forum http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=56294 :crazy: