Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They forgot about Bailey this morning

chico2
September 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I heard her barking around 6am,did not think of it anymore,they'd just let her out to pee..
But she continues to bark and by 8am she is whimpering:sad:
They had all gone to school and work,completely forgotten about Bailey.
She does not like to be outside by herself for long,never did.
I went over,her whole little body is shaking,I opened the door and let her in,she went straight for her bed,a couple of treats and she was sleeping.
How can you forget your dog:wall:

14+kitties
September 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Poor Bailey! I know you said she is well loved by her family but sometimes it sure doesn't seem like it. :sad:
Did you give her an extra cookie? :cloud9:

aslan
September 4th, 2008, 05:51 PM
aaaw poor bailey, lucky her guardian angel was watching over her, and it wasn't too hot this morning.

Love4himies
September 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Chico to the rescue again :angel:

diandpat
September 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Aw, poor Bailey. :sad:

I know that bark too. My neighbor leaves her dog out constantly and he hates it. Twice he has had a "sleep over" here because she has "forgotten" him outside. One of those times we got 30cm of snow overnight. She woke up in the morning and thought the dog was dead!!!! Sent her 8 yr old over to get the dog in the a.m. when she found my note in the mailbox and never mentioned it. She did, of course, "forget" him out again after that.:wall::wall::wall:

Makes me absolutely crazy!!! :mad:

Thank God Bailey has you Chico. I loved the pics of him in the other thread having a visit with your company from this board. I am sure he felt like $1 000 000.

lotus
September 4th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Aw poor baby. Good thing your around:angel:

BusterBoo
September 4th, 2008, 06:53 PM
:wall: sometimes people are so stupid!

Hope Bailey is ok....

ancientgirl
September 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
For crying out loud!:frustrated: Did they at least feel guilty when you told them about it?

Poor Bailey.

Ford Girl
September 4th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I agree, good thing you saw and heard him. Poor guy.

Have they said anything since they got home??

joeysmama
September 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Oh poor Bailey !!!:sad: I bet he wishes you were his mommy !!

Frenchy
September 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Oh my poor little Bailey :sad: could you imagine if you weren't their neighbor , and it would have rained , snowed , cold temp .... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Chico2 , thank you for being there , Bailey is so adorable and tiny , poor little baby alone outside :frustrated:

Now you know that , if they ever want to surrender her (which may be best for Bailey sometimes) you let me know ok ?

14+kitties
September 4th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Awww Frenchy. You should see Bailey in person! She just takes your heart. She is such a little doll. :cloud9: But it is so sad. Chico says she doesn't even know how to play. So so sad. She is fortunate to have Chico and her hubby to look after her! They are so good for her.

clm
September 4th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Poor Bailey. Thank goodness she has you Chico2.

Cindy

Frenchy
September 4th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Awww Frenchy. You should see Bailey in person! She just takes your heart. She is such a little doll. :cloud9: But it is so sad. Chico says she doesn't even know how to play. So so sad. She is fortunate to have Chico and her hubby to look after her! They are so good for her.

That's why I would take her in a heartbeat ! :cloud9: Bailey I mean , oh well , I could adopt Chico2 too :laughing:

aslan
September 4th, 2008, 10:07 PM
That's why I would take her in a heartbeat ! :cloud9: Bailey I mean , oh well , I could adopt Chico2 too :laughing:

You just get that thought out of your head young lady, we have first dibs on Chico...

Frenchy
September 4th, 2008, 10:12 PM
You just get that thought out of your head young lady, we have first dibs on Chico...

You're talking about Chico or Chico2 ? Cuz I was talking about Chico2 :laughing:

aslan
September 4th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Chico2, mine mine all mine you can't have her, can't take chico i'm allergic to him:sad: besides vinnie is my fave.

Frenchy
September 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Chico2, mine mine all mine you can't have her, can't take chico i'm allergic to him:sad: besides vinnie is my fave.

Too late , I posted first http://bestsmileys.com/tongs/3.gif

aslan
September 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
i know where she lives and you don't i can get there first.:frustrated:

Frenchy
September 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
i know where she lives and you don't i can get there first.:frustrated:

ok ok you win you big meanie :sad:

:laughing: poor Chico2 , doesn't even have a thing to say in this :laughing:

can you feel the love Chico2 ? :D

aslan
September 4th, 2008, 10:41 PM
muaaaahh and i still had my secret quincy weapon to use... ok fine we can share her.

Frenchy
September 4th, 2008, 10:43 PM
ok fine we can share her.

:laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm glad you were there for her, Chico. I'm sure Bailey thinks you're an :angel:, too!

:grouphug:

krdahmer
September 5th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Oh no... poor Bailey! She's nervous enough without her family forgetting about her! :sad::frustrated:

Thank goodness she has some real :angel:s living close by who happen to have keys and love her very much! :thumbs up

chico2
September 5th, 2008, 07:41 AM
:laughing::laughing:Frenchy,Aslan,you guys are :crazy:but if anyone wants to adopt a kindly granny,I am here:laughing:

As for telling the owners,no I did not,they are not very sociable:laughing:
She used to be left out alone all the time before,often times late in to the night,we would give her water,put her back in the yard if she got out,untangle her when she got caught in a bush,there was just too many incidents like that...
Then one day,pouring rain(she HATES rain)she was soaked to the bone,I took the liberty to check if the door was open and it was,so I let her in and dried her.
That's when I asked the owner if we could walk her and we have been doing so for almost 4 yrs now. Not really a big deal:dog:

want4rain
September 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
:o:o i forgot Mister outside once. i had to go pick up Cailyn from school (3m down the road). WELL Mr Jeffrey crapped his pants, stuck his hand in it and made a mess all over the place. by the time i had it all cleaned up, threw him under my arm like a sack of potatoes and got to the car i had completely forgotten i hadnt completed the Mister ritual of putting him in his kennel before leaving. boy did i feel like a dork when i got home and saw him standing at the gate. :o

poor Fate, Mister was upset over the 25 minutes i left him out. :sad:

-ash

chico2
September 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
OMG W4R,I can just picture that scenario:laughing:
It was Bailey(Cocker)not Fate..
Are you worried at all about Hurricane Hanna?

mastifflover
September 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Chico I am so glad that Bailey has you. You are her gaurdian angel

want4rain
September 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Bailey on the other side?? (and duh, the title even says Bailey in it :rolleyes: can i even start blaming this on baby brain???)

a little worried. we ahve done what we can aroudn the house. we have a great deal of not so strong trees like Poplars around our house. a few really tall Carolina Pines that make me nervous. Ike has me more worried though. im sure we will weather this just fine!! just end up getting.... oh i dont know.... 6 or so inches of rain!! (i dont need this handle anymore thats for sure!!!)

-ash

chico2
September 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Thank you Mastfflover,but we are no heroes,we just kind of love her and she keeps us walking winter or summer,which is a good thing:thumbs up

Dog Dancer
September 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Poor Bailey. Chico2 is her guardian angel for sure. I have a neighbour who's dog is an escape artist and gets out every time we have thunder. I frequently find her wandering the streets and take her back home and either slip her into the house or call to tell them we're out front. She is well loved, and never really goes very far, but they really do need to fix their fence! She always comes when I call her because she now knows I always have cookies...

chico2
September 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM
W4R,we are keeping an eye on Hanna,it's supposed to hit South Carolina,we will be going to Myrtle Beach as usual,but not if Hanna is anything like Hugo was.
We saw the terrible damage Hugo did,we were there.
Hope your trees will stay up:pray:
It looks like it's going to be a wild Hurricane season,scary stuff,stay safe:fingerscr

glasslass
September 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
W4R,we are keeping an eye on Hanna,it's supposed to hit South Carolina,we will be going to Myrtle Beach as usual,but not if Hanna is anything like Hugo was.
We saw the terrible damage Hugo did,we were there.
Hope your trees will stay up:pray:
It looks like it's going to be a wild Hurricane season,scary stuff,stay safe:fingerscr

I remember going to Myrtle Beach (over 40 years ago). Being used to the Pacific, I was really disappointed at the flat waves in the Atlantic. At least, maybe Hanna will bring in some decent waves. Maybe, that's NOT a good thing. I hope there'll just be normal Pacific style ones.

Bailey's lucky to have you. I would hope my neighbors would look after Den-Den and Corky if they ever got out without our knowledge. That's a thought I don't even want to have!

chico2
September 6th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Glasslass,when we go in October,the waves are always big,very seldom is the water calm,I love jumping(sort of:laughing:)in to the waves.

As for good neighbors,I think we all owe it to the animals to watch out for them,whether it's abuse,neglect or just an escapee,just like little kids need us to help in an abusive situation.
Too many people have the"it's none of my business attitude"often with dire consequences......oh,oh,I'm ranting:sorry: