Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sad-RIP Duke

Diamondsmum
September 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM
*Sigh :sad:

I recently joined here to get help on our Puppy.. After our dog Duke went missing.. on Aug 16th.

After plastering posters/Calls to vets/pounds everywhere..since then I hadnt givin up

Until today, We own 3 ATV's & this am my hubby went into the trails near by on one to blow off steam.

Came across what he was sure was Duke.. (although pretty decomposed) his tags/collar were on his neck.

Was is his time???? My hubby went back with a shovel to give him a burial.

I am heartbroken, he was only 8 :sad::sad::sad: & we had checked all throu the trails when we found he was missing. But he was found far in near a stream. (we never go that far in.. as with all the rain you would get really stuck)

Something told my hubby to go there..

sigh*:cry2:

RIP Duke

aslan
September 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
oh i'm sorry to hear about your loss, he may have known it was his time and just went off by himself. My sympathies to you and your family.

:rip:Duke.

Purpledomino
September 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I just want to say that I'm sorry that you lost your beloved dog this way. That is just heartbreaking. :candle: RIP Duke.

BenMax
September 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Oh gosh - I am sorry.

RIP little man.

14+kitties
September 4th, 2008, 09:48 AM
:candle::rip: Duke :candle:

pet lovr 4 life
September 4th, 2008, 09:55 AM
i am so sry for your loss...i just recently lost my cat patches and in the next week i will lose my dog as well...i no how you feal...and i am so sorry...
:rip:Duke:candle:

mollywog
September 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
oh wow. so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. Take comfort in the love and companionship that your other pets offer you, and all the happy memories that Duke brought you. :rip: :candle:

krdahmer
September 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
:rip: sweet Duke :sad::grouphug:

badger
September 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Sad news. I really feel for you, finding out this way.
Goodbye Duke, never to be forgotten :candle:

marko
September 4th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I too am so sorry for your loss.

:rip: sweet Duke :candle:

JennieV
September 4th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I join everybody with my sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved Duke. My thoughts are with you at this time. :sad:
:rip: Duke, may we see you at the Rainbow Bridge :angel2:

growler~GateKeeper
September 5th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, take comfort in the closure - knowing he is safe now :sad: :grouphug:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Duke :candle:

Run free at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) :candle:

Diamondsmum
September 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words.. when kids got home we told them then all of us went to say our goodbyes..

I know he is in a better place.

Tundra_Queen
September 10th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. That is just heart breaking. :-(

bryna123
September 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM
So sorry. It's never easy.:sad:
Take comfort that you have closure of his whereabouts. You would always wonder where he was otherwise.

chico2
September 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
So sorry to read about Duke,he looks like a beautiful pup:lovestruck::rip:Duke