- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Sad-RIP Duke

September 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM
*Sigh :sad:

I recently joined here to get help on our Puppy.. After our dog Duke went missing.. on Aug 16th.

After plastering posters/Calls to vets/pounds everywhere..since then I hadnt givin up

Until today, We own 3 ATV's & this am my hubby went into the trails near by on one to blow off steam.

Came across what he was sure was Duke.. (although pretty decomposed) his tags/collar were on his neck.

Was is his time???? My hubby went back with a shovel to give him a burial.

I am heartbroken, he was only 8 :sad::sad::sad: & we had checked all throu the trails when we found he was missing. But he was found far in near a stream. (we never go that far in.. as with all the rain you would get really stuck)

Something told my hubby to go there..

RIP Duke

September 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
oh i'm sorry to hear about your loss, he may have known it was his time and just went off by himself. My sympathies to you and your family.

September 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I just want to say that I'm sorry that you lost your beloved dog this way. That is just heartbreaking. :candle: RIP Duke.

September 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Oh gosh - I am sorry.

RIP little man.

September 4th, 2008, 09:48 AM
:candle::rip: Duke :candle:

pet lovr 4 life
September 4th, 2008, 09:55 AM
i am so sry for your loss...i just recently lost my cat patches and in the next week i will lose my dog as well...i no how you feal...and i am so sorry...

September 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
oh wow. so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. Take comfort in the love and companionship that your other pets offer you, and all the happy memories that Duke brought you. :rip: :candle:

September 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
:rip: sweet Duke :sad::grouphug:

September 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Sad news. I really feel for you, finding out this way.
Goodbye Duke, never to be forgotten :candle:

September 4th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I too am so sorry for your loss.

:rip: sweet Duke :candle:

September 4th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I join everybody with my sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved Duke. My thoughts are with you at this time. :sad:
:rip: Duke, may we see you at the Rainbow Bridge :angel2:

September 5th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, take comfort in the closure - knowing he is safe now :sad: :grouphug:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Duke :candle:

Run free at the Rainbow Bridge ( :candle:

September 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words.. when kids got home we told them then all of us went to say our goodbyes..

I know he is in a better place.

September 10th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. That is just heart breaking. :-(

September 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM
So sorry. It's never easy.:sad:
Take comfort that you have closure of his whereabouts. You would always wonder where he was otherwise.

September 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
So sorry to read about Duke,he looks like a beautiful pup:lovestruck::rip:Duke