Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lunch at Chico's!

krdahmer
September 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Well we had a lovely afternoon at Chico's.... and got to meet some very cute and cuddly furries too!!!

Here is our first greeter, and the guy that covered us in slobber!! :lovestruck: Oh ya and Aslan is in there too! ;)

krdahmer
September 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
And the boys... who must have known we were crazy cat ladies as they didn't play strange for very long!

In that one of Rocky you can see Chico's cool cat statue in the background!

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
lol, there's my big sucky boy, look quincy there's that funny looking white dog again. hmmm must get even now..

krdahmer
September 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
And oh the beautiful flowers!

krdahmer
September 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
The ladies inspecting the front garden...

and of course very sweet sweet Bailey!

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
The two lovely ladies who got me inspired to get up and go visit Chico and her hubby today.

krdahmer
September 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
And Chico's pidgeon friends... I love the white one!

krdahmer
September 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
:laughing: I don't look too impressed with being face to Quincy's 'business' end!!! :laughing:

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
ahhhh cool pictures ladies ! :thumbs up love Quincy's face shot :lovestruck: and even Bailey was there !!!! :lovestruck: did they meet ? I mean Bailey and Quincy ?

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
KR, atleast you knew it was empty:laughing:. poor cats are gonna go lie in there usual spots and smell doggie pee.

Frenchy, nope the two didn't meet. I couldn't stay long cause grace had to go to work. And Fate wasn't around for us to see how she would be with another doggie to play with.

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
aslan , I was curious because I think Chico2 said one time that Bailey didn't like other dogs ... but how can she not like Quincy , and I wanted to know in case I want to dognap Bailey one day :evil:

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Great pics, ladies! It's always nice to put faces to names...not that madame hazel will be able to remember them in her current senile state...:o...but for one brief moment in time, we could match some faces with krdahmer and 14+ :cloud9:

Chico, your gardens never cease to amaze me, either...

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Great pics, ladies! It's always nice to put faces to names...not that madame hazel will be able to remember them in her current senile state...:o...but for one brief moment in time, we could match some faces with krdahmer and 14+ :cloud9:

Chico, your gardens never cease to amaze me, either...

as wd says " what an i'm chopped liver"Quincy no smooches for hazel.

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
:D aslan, I already know your face! :thumbs up :laughing: After seeing enough pics, faces eventually stick in madame hazel's feeble memory...so I think by now I'd recognize you anywhere! :o

So does Quincy forgive hazel? :fingerscr

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Great i knew i shouldn't have posted pictures of myself , now you'll know it's me when i try to steal the pack.

Quincy says yup he forgives you, he loves ladies sooo he doesn't stay grumpy for long.

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
As I said in the other thread.... I loved my time at Chico2's! From the animals to the people to the flowers.....all perfection!!! :cloud9: I can't wait to go back again.
I got lucky tonight (Aslan, get your mind out of the gutter). I got to go into work for four hours! :sleepy:

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
As I said in the other thread.... I loved my time at Chico2's! From the animals to the people to the flowers.....all perfection!!! :cloud9: I can't wait to go back again.
I got lucky tonight (Aslan, get your mind out of the gutter). I got to go into work for four hours! :sleepy:

:eek: now why would you assume my mind went into the gutter, i'm telling you it's wd and Frenchy who corrupt the conversations.

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
Great i knew i shouldn't have posted pictures of myself , now you'll know it's me when i try to steal the pack.

Yes, I have all the potential dognappers' faces memorized! :laughing:

Quincy says yup he forgives you, he loves ladies sooo he doesn't stay grumpy for long.

Oh, thank heavens! :cloud9:

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Muaaaah hazel forgets that wd is kidnapping the pack, i'm just tattooing over their ear tattoo's

14+ i kept meaning to ask you, where do you work now.

growler~GateKeeper
September 3rd, 2008, 11:17 PM
Great pics of people, furries, flowers - awesome shot of the bfly & the feathered

Lunch looked like a fun time :thumbs up

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2008, 11:17 PM
Just part time at one of the grocery stores. Not a whole lot of hours but enough to pay for the kitties food every week. And I need it. I went to feed my kitties late this afternoon and there was an interloper in there. Instead of 16 there is now 17! I always count the kitties to make sure they are all there. When I counted 17 I thought I made a mistake. Nope, sure didn't!!
I guess someone climbed over the fence and made himself/herself at home. I just caught him/her sneaking under the cat house. :rolleyes:

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
and the other kitties don't seem to mind the interloper? hmmm do you get an employee discount that would help too.

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Wow, 14+! Just think of all the time you'll save not having to trap them anymore...they'll just climb in... :eek:

That's just so bizarre... Do you suppose the newbie was lonely? Or hungry? And just couldn't get out once inside because of the angled fencing?

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
No, no employees discount. That's too bad, I agree.
It's funny. I somehow get the feeling this one's been there a while and I haven't noticed. I took them their hearts and gizzards today and when I saw the one go under the shed I put a few there to make sure it got some too. Tinker went right under to get some and there was no hissing or growling. :shrug: Minimo has been with them for a month now and she still get hissy when they get too close.
I'm thinking it may be the daddy that got in in the spring and I caught and got fixed but I won't know till I get a closer look. I released him. Figured he would stay well away. Weird!

aslan
September 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
well maybe he likes you, not to mention why look for food when he can get it for free.

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, 14+! Just think of all the time you'll save not having to trap them anymore...they'll just climb in... :eek:

That's just so bizarre... Do you suppose the newbie was lonely? Or hungry? And just couldn't get out once inside because of the angled fencing?

I think all of the above hazel. It is so strange. I don't mind. Obviously if he came in he needs/wants to be there. I just hope it's fixed!

growler~GateKeeper
September 3rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
I guess someone climbed over the fence and made himself/herself at home. I just caught him/her sneaking under the cat house. :rolleyes:

:laughing: that's the 2nd one who's climbed in :thumbs up

14+kitties
September 4th, 2008, 12:06 AM
well maybe he likes you, not to mention why look for food when he can get it for free.

I don't think he likes me. He was only with me long enough to get fixed, recoup, and released. He sure didn't act too fond of me then. :rolleyes:

:laughing: that's the 2nd one who's climbed in :thumbs up

3rd actually growler. The original daddy did it too. That's the one I think it may be again but I can't figure out why. No one is in heat in there or ever will be and he couldn't do anything about it anyway. :shrug: Although he still may have the urge seeing as he was older when he got snipped.

growler~GateKeeper
September 4th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Oh 3rd infiltration :D, wasn't there one of the cousins that stayed which one was that?

TeriM
September 4th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Looks like a great time was had by all :cloud9:. Chico, your gardens are almost as beautiful as you kitties :lovestruck:.

Brandykins
September 4th, 2008, 06:32 AM
What beautiful photos. Great captures. Love the cats and dog. Love the flowers - specially the one with the butterfly!! What glorious weather you get - can you send some of it to Scotland, please!! Although we have sun at the moment - it is getting colder now though!! Still makes a pleasant change from the rain we have been getting all summer!

Love each one of your photos!!

happycats
September 4th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Great pictures!! Looks like everyone had a great time! and the kitties were probably happy getting all the extra attention.

Love4himies
September 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I am so envious, you got to meet chico, vinnie, rocky and even Bailey :lovestruck: :D

How did quincy like the kitties? That's too bad about Fate not being around, I would have loved to see pics of Quincy and Fate together :cloud9: Maybe they heard a rumour you were going to be in the neighbourhood and kept Fate under heavy guard :p

Chris21711
September 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Great pics girls, I don't know why Chico has been complaining about no Monarchs, lo and behold there was a Monarch, I think she was just looking for sympathy :laughing:

aslan
September 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Love4 Quincy only got to see Vinnie who was on the window above him, he was all bouncing around trying to get the funny looking little white dog to play with him. He has seen cats before, he just thinks they're short doggies i guess.

Love4himies
September 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Great pics girls, I don't know why Chico has been complaining about no Monarchs, lo and behold there was a Monarch, I think she was just looking for sympathy :laughing:

I saw my first monarch last weekend (and immediately thought of chico:laughing:).

The monarchs may have followed 14+ and krdahmer up from the Niagara region:D

ancientgirl
September 4th, 2008, 12:29 PM
What great pictures of everyone!

Frenchy
September 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
:eek: now why would you assume my mind went into the gutter, i'm telling you it's wd and Frenchy who corrupt the conversations.

Yes .... right .... :rolleyes:

slowly backs out of the room , lets aslan have her little dream .... :whistle:

krdahmer
September 4th, 2008, 01:21 PM

and she has all the bees too!!! There were tons in some of her flowers!

Ford Girl
September 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Awww, looks like a nice visit, what a beautiful place you have Chico!!! Great shots of the flowers...and the kitties.

Oh, and Quinc - what a cute goof.

chico2
September 5th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Dahmer,I am sooo sorry,I cannot believe I did not comment on your pics,you make everything look so pretty:thumbs up
A big+,all you can see are my legs and shorts:laughing:
I thought we had a great time,thank you so very much for coming!!

Frenchy,I think Bailey is only leash-agressive,she seems to be fine with other dogs off leash.

Chris,I've had maybe 2 Monarchs a day,unlike last year,there was tons...but a little sympathy is nice:laughing:

allymack
September 7th, 2008, 10:34 AM
looks like you ladies had a great time, and lucky getting to meet all the furries! :cloud9: