September 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/428223

:rolleyes: does this mean i can get more pets :eek:

aslan
September 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
yup that's exactly what it means. won't mrs, D be thrilled.:D

Winston
September 2nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Something to consider WD in Hamilton is this...right now if you buy a cat license I think it is $12.00 it is a lifetime license. We were discussing it at work and thought if you buy it now you may be safe at the current price since it is lifetime license? and you only pay it once! there is no renewal.

Im thinking if they come up with a licensing plan then they will most definately make it a yearly renewal so this may be a better bargain. Here is a clip from the city of hamilton website:

Do I need to license my cat?

No, the City of Hamilton does not, at this time, have a by-law that requires the licensing of cats.

However, for a fee of $12.00, a registration tag can be provided for your cat to wear for identification purposes in the event that your cat goes missing, and the owner information will be retained in the Animal Control database. The tag issued for a cat is a lifetime tag and a renewal fee is not needed to be paid each year.

Cindy

wdawson
September 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
good point winston.....i'm just not sure how the city can enforce this though...my three are indoor cats , the dogs are registered so how will they know i have cats :shrug:..cause maggie and bea won't let them in:D...george might though:sad:....but really how are they going to enforce this.