Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Brining some kitties back from GA with me!

kathryn
September 2nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Wheee! :D I'm about set up to bring back 3 kittens from a rescue in Georgia. They are called Winging Cat Rescue and they take cats and kittens off death row. They are really awesome and amazingly nice. I was going to be in the area and sent them an email asking if they needed any help. They said they would love a free transport but they have no where to send them at this point :sad: So a few weeks later I felt bad and just emailed them saying I'll take a few and foster them myself. Then my mom was like "i really don't want you fostering anymore" so I felt worse now because I had already sent the email! They replied back.. and I had an idea. I would foster them for a few days and then they would go to an offsite shelter event with me and adopt them out that way! Then if they didn't get adopted, they could go back to the shelter

So I asked my friend Paula at the shelter... and she said that's fine! So I sent them an email and *yayy* they are working it out!

Since the kittens come with EVERYTHING already done, the shelter would only have to hold them and they would get the adoption fee of 95$ for basically doing nothing. So it's a win-win situation for everyone.

In the future I plan to keep in contact with this rescue and continue to help them out. They are always full to the max and all they want to do is save these poor little kitties :( The shelter they mostly stick to is Spalding County Animal control, and get this, they give animals FIVE BUSINESS DAYS to find homes or they GAS THEM!!! That's insane!!!

Well I'm excited as could be and can't wait to meet my 3 little rescues!

Anyone ever done a long transport? I have no idea what to expect.

edit: Gahhh. The title is wrong. That's what I get for trying to eat a potpie and type at the same time.