Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Golden Retriever - Beaconsfield, QC

Murphy's Law
September 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM
BUDDY, a loved Golden Retriever, who has been living at the Sunrise Seniors Facility on Elm Avenue in Beaconsfield, QC has gone missing since late Friday afternoon. Buddy is a 5-year-old, very light colour, male, Golden, who has recently been groomed. He is extremely friendly and trusting. Please contact 450-452-0321, if you have any information on Buddy.

diandpat
September 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Angell Woods are right near there...you should plaster pictures there. Someone is bound to have seen him. :fingerscr

Good luck!

Frenchy
September 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM
Have you called or better yet , went to Le Berger Blanc ? He might be there.

Murphy's Law
September 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Here is a photo of Buddy.

canine14
September 1st, 2008, 09:32 PM
OMG Buddy is the best dog EVER! I will personally go out looking for him tomorrow with my son in the Angel Woods area and let everyone on the surrounding streets know about him!

Murphy's Law
September 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
More details on Buddy .... First of all Buddy was originally an Animatch dog who was adopted out in Oct/Nov '07 to an individual in Ste-Genevieve. This person moved out of town and without our (Animatch) knowledge Buddy ended up at Sunrise. We do not believe that Buddy has his Animatch I.D. tag on but he did have his Rabies tag from our Vet in Lasalle. Animatch found out that Buddy was missing on Sat. evening.

We did get a call from our Vet on Friday that a person in Beaconsfield had a dog with a rabies tag that corresponded with an Animatch dog. Animatch gave the name & phone no. of the person who adopted the dog (not knowing it was Buddy or that Buddy was missing) to the vet and the vet relayed the msg to the person on the phone. However, if the person who found Buddy called the no., there would not be an answer. The person who found Buddy has not called the Vet back for more info.

So, at this point we know that Buddy was found on Friday but still don't know where he is now. Photos are up in Angel Woods, SPCA, Berger Blanc, Centre Canin du Suroit, etc. have all been contacted.

Buddy has also tested positive for heartworm and he is on medication and will need continued treatment.

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
A beautiful dog like Buddy , the person who found him might be tempted by keeping him :sad:

I hope this person will do the right thing :fingerscr

the gang
September 2nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
see thats why i get so piss----, all rescue dogs need to wear there tags, my diesel from animatch has his on all-- the time and dam people i have found 4 dogs running free in the last 3 weeks on my street !!!! thanks to good people my rescue attempts and the vet they all found there home,poor buddy- poor owners and helene must be real ticked no tag on the dog ,fingers crossed he makes it back home safe and sound :angel2:!! brenda and the pins

shirley1011
September 3rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
Good news that someone has found him BUT how do we get the word out that found dogs have homes and people desperately looking for them. I have read too many articles about people just keeping these lost souls as their own or giving them to friends...they have families who love and miss them dearly. I wish the media would do a story on just that.....once the new family has grown to love our pets they understand but by then it is too late...they are in love with them and can't and won't give them up.

canine14
September 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
So I guess I can stop combing the local neighbourhoods?

Is he back there or not?

Murphy's Law
September 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
No Buddy is not back home. We were hoping that the person who called last Friday kept him for the long weekend (vet's office closed) and would call on Tuesday. The person didn't call on Tuesday. There could be many scenarios -- they kept him, they gave him to a friend or family member., etc. We have checked SPCA, Berger Blanc, Centre Canin du Suroit. No luck.

Yes, every dog should have ID tags -- vet tags are not enough. Let's keep our fingers crossed. It will be 7 days tomorrow.

canine14
September 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
How about an article/ad in a West Island paper to bring attention to the fact that this is not just some random dog? Maybe the people who found him are trying in good faith the number given and there is no answer so they are waiting in case the people are on vacation, etc?

I am going to Sunrise later and will talk to Terry and see if she has a pamphlet or something ready and maybe it can be posted all over Beaconsfield. As time goes on though the finders may be getting more attached to the dog ...

Murphy's Law
September 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
:thumbs upGood News .......... Buddy is back home! Sunrise put a large ad in the West Island Section of the Gazette this morning. The received a call and Buddy was returned, safe and sound.

Thanks to everyone who was on the lookout for this big fellow.

SIL
September 11th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Love happy endings!!!:thumbs up

BenMax
September 11th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the update. I will advise our rescue to cease the search.

Frenchy
September 11th, 2008, 12:10 PM
woooohooo :crazy: :thumbs up