Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Voodoo's impersonation of a LAMP

Gypsyhick
August 31st, 2008, 06:31 PM
So, Miss Voodoo might have gotten something in her eye when she rolled in grossness at the park. We woke up Saturday morning and her eye was almost swollen shut! :sick: Our awesome vet checked her out and it's not scratched, nothing stuck in the flesh so she's got antibiotic anti-inflammatory drops to treat her poor puffy pussy eye.

FordGirl was awesome and lent us a cone - we'd had socks taped to Voodoo's feet to keep her from rubbing her eye all day yesterday, cone working WAY better. Poor pup! She's being super snuggly (that's a rare thing!), leans her face up against the warm facecloths, definitely not feeling very well.

The eye is MUCH better today, so happy we have the drops because they really seem to be working wonders.

I thought I'd share rare photos of Voodoo
a) impersonating a very very sad lamp
b) snuggling in bed. Doesn't happen too often!

allymack
August 31st, 2008, 07:22 PM
aw, voo is a cutie, poor girl though with the eye infection. i hope it clears up soon!

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM
Oh no :sad: not the cone :yell: at least it has some of Dazy's smell on it :cloud9:

Poor Voodoo , for how long does she has to wear this thing ?

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Aw, poor Voo! Ember just got out of his cone...also for an eye problem. He's roooroooing some sympathy Voo's way. :dog:

I hope her eye is better soon! :goodvibes:

Never mind my question in the other thread :o I didn't see this one till just now.

Gypsyhick
August 31st, 2008, 09:10 PM
Voo should be out of the cone by tomorrow night - swelling is mostly gone! YAY!

But she's still being a major suck, not able to navigate around the house at all in that cone! We actually heard her talk for the first time ever tonight - she "owooohhhhed" while looking up at her dad, her head on his knee. :cry:

I can't wait until she's back to health - although I'll miss the snuggling.

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 09:12 PM
I can't wait until she's back to health - although I'll miss the snuggling.

Just buy her a cone and put it on her every time you wanna cuddle :laughing:

:sorry: Voodoo :p

growler~GateKeeper
September 1st, 2008, 01:41 AM
Ohhh :sad: poor Voodoo :grouphug: such a sad face http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sad/sad0025.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-war-smileys.php)

Get well soon :goodvibes:

wdawson
September 1st, 2008, 11:05 AM
mom how could you post that pic :evil::evil: :laughing:

14+kitties
September 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Awwwww, poor VooDoo. :sad: Thanks for acting so fast on getting her to the vet! It probably helped to get that swelling down. She looks so so sad.
Sending lots of :goodvibes::fingerscr her way that the cone can come off soon!!

Gypsyhick
September 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Poor Ember! I hope he's happy to have The Cone off. Voo's jealous!

Frenchy - you made us laugh our darned heads off! We finally have a way to force Voo to enjoy snuggles! Bwahahaha! :evil:

W - man, if she had internet access I'd NOT post that photo. The princess would be horrified. :eek:

Is it bad to laugh at her? Voodoo keeps trying to get into her crate but her cone keeps catching on the door so she backs up and tries again. OMG, it took her four or five attempts before she gave up and came over to stand between The Husband and I, just standing looking sad.

Thanks for all the get-well wishes! Her eye looks good this morning, same size as her "good" eye and very little pus overnight. She's still trying to scratch it so she's gonna be coned for a few more hours at least. Holy cow, funny and sad.

mollywog
September 1st, 2008, 01:15 PM
what a little cutie! But she does look so sad, poor thing! I think dogs know when they are being laughed at and become quite embarassed! :o
she really is sweet. I never knew she had a little stubby tail! :lovestruck:

Ford Girl
September 2nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Oh no :sad: not the cone :yell: at least it has some of Dazy's smell on it :cloud9:

:laughing: a little Dazy smell and probably some drool too. :rolleyes: I thought maybe Pubert's cone would fit better but it was super small, forgot how little he was. :angel:

Voo looks sooooo sad in these pics :sad:, hopefully she's all better soon so they can meet in the feild for wrestlemania. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :dog: :dog:

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
:headslap: totally forgot to tell you , have you tried to make her sit near the tv while she's wearing the cone, sometimes when they do it right , you can get more channels :D

Of course , the bigger the cone , the more channels possibilities. That's why I make Nelly wear one on rainy days .... I don't have satellite tv :shrug:

14+kitties
September 2nd, 2008, 11:24 PM
Frenchy - you are an :evil: woman! :laugh::laugh:

I think we need to take up a collection for you so you can get satellite back for a year and let those poor doggies rest. :D

Brandykins
September 3rd, 2008, 05:17 AM
Aw poor Voodoo - looks a bit sorry for herself and I do hope her eye is lots better now. Lovely dog.

bendyfoot
September 3rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
:sick:awwwww, poor Voodoo, hope the eye is better soon!

Gypsyhick
September 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Frenchy - LMAO!!! :laughing:

No extra channels for us - Voodoo was officially free of the cone yesterday! YAY! No more sad lamps moping around the house.

:)

growler~GateKeeper
September 4th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I think we need picture proof that her eye is all better ;):D

BrightEyes
September 6th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Glad to hear Voodoo is doing better. She looked so sad in her cone. I'm sure she wouldn't have minded a couple scoops of ice cream in that cone :laughing: The poor dear.

*Note to self: If in need of cone, make trip to Calgary :p *

Gypsyhick
September 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
This is the only time she stayed still at the park today - she was watching all the dogs go by while we waited for friends.

Coneless and HAPPY!

BrightEyes
September 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Yipee!! Voodoo is coneless! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Voodoo :lovestruck: such a cutie :cloud9:

I'll bet she was just estactic to get the cone off :D

chico2
September 7th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Aww Voo is all well,what a beautiful pup she is,love a brindle pup.pups answer to a tortie-kitty:lovestruck: