Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Tuxedo Cat in Peterborough

Tower7
August 31st, 2008, 05:00 PM
I found this beautiful tuxedo cat hanging around our place for the last few days. Mostly black with white collar, white tips of feed and white tip of tail.

Shelters all full in Peterborough so won't take him.

Toonces
August 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM
awwww what a cute little boy, I hope he finds his owners, are you going to keep him and see if you can find out who may have lost him?
Thanks for taking him in he is just stunning:lovestruck:

14+kitties
August 31st, 2008, 10:32 PM
What a cutie! Thank you for looking after him! I hope you find his owner soon. :fingerscr

Tower7
September 1st, 2008, 10:34 AM
I have fed and gave water to the cat. He is a male who is not neutered yet. I have just now installed him in our garage with the door open to let him wonder freely. I'm waiting to see if he knows how to use the litter. I have contacted the Humane society with his description. What else can I do? Two early early mornings ago and again early this morning another small gray skinny cat came on the stairs to our back deck and together the new cat which sleeps on our deck and the grey one woke everybody up in the neighbourhood with their howling. I chased the small grey one away.
What else can I do? I already have a beautiful house cat.
Tower7

t.pettet
September 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Firstly, thanks for taking care of this lost cat. If possible contact a cat rescue org. in your town, maybe someone here could advise you of one, get them to lend you a trap to trap the grey one and see if they'd be willing to take both.

NoahGrey
September 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
First let me say thanks for taking care of these little guy.

Two early early mornings ago and again early this morning another small gray skinny cat came on the stairs to our back deck I chased the small grey one away

I am just confused. Why would you chase a skinny stray cat away. He could be dehyrated and oviously is straving.

I just think that stray cats come to people's house for help alot of times. expecially if sick/injured.

You could always being him to a vet clinic. Some vet clinc's take in strays and will care for them.

ACO22

Tower7
September 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I chased away the skinny gray cat ;
1) It was 5H30 am and because he wanted to fight with the new black cat and was howling so loud that he was waking up all the neighbours.
2) Because I was told to do this by the Humane Society.
3) I felt terribly bad about it but I had to something quickly.

The new black cat has now disappeared with a very very full belly and I have never seen the grey cat ever again.

I checked with all the shelters around Peterborough. All are full. I argued with them, I tried everything.
I took care of the one that wanted to be taken care of. The grey one would not let me get anywhere close to him or her. All I had to do was go outside and it ran away.

catlover2
September 6th, 2008, 11:44 PM
The tuxedo cat may come back to you again----when he gets really hungry!

jjones10
September 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I lost my Grey Cat back on the 19th. It is actually a russian Blue but many see it as grey. It is a male and is neutered. Did it look like a house cat?

jjones10
September 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
This has been our family cat for nearly 8 years now. He is way too friendly and rather healthy looking. He is male declawed and neutered. He will respond to Riley and he is very approachable. We live out Parkhill Rd. West and we think one of our jerk neighbours drove him into Ptbo which is not the first time. He has been missing since Aug 19th. If anyone has seen him there is a small reward for his return.
705-772-7665
http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=72086220&img=http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i14/01/k/000/7c/30/7c9c_18.JPG?set_id=1C4000&back=-1

chico2
September 8th, 2008, 05:01 PM
jjones,that would be great if this happens to be your kitty,hopefully the poster comes back and you can contact her/him.
There are not that many grey cats around:fingerscr

goldengal
September 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hi .... I know Tower7 from a seniors board, and it was me who suggested she post here. I will copy jjones post to the other board, and hopefully, she will see it. Take care.

Pat

NoahGrey
September 9th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Because I was told to do this by the Humane Society.

So you called the spca at 5:30 in tme morning and this is what they told you. Doesn't matter what time, I can't believe a Humane Society would tell you this. Pretty sad for a humane society to this.

Nothing against you, just shocked that a humane society would tell you that.

ACO22

jjones10
September 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
It is wonderful to see that there kind people out there. I hope that something comes of this as it is my last resort of looking for my cat.

Thanks Everyone

Tower7
September 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
The grey cat I saw @ 5h30 in the morning and again (2) days ago must live around here somewhere. He's exactly like the Purina cat on one of it's food bags. He looks a lot like our cat only very much smaller and lighter. He's a short haired tabby - tiger striped. His under coat is grey with thin black stripes. I think he's about 6 months old but I really couldn't tell. It's just that he's about half the length and height of our cat which is same race but much much darker. I called him skinny but he could be 6 months old and have no excess fat on him; like our cat did until he hit 7 years old then he kind of put on a little belly.

Two days ago, I saw him go by through the spare lot out back and he seams quite at home so that's why I think he lives somewhere around here and was telling the new black cat that this was his territory. If I ever see him again, I will try and get close but he ran away the minute I stepped outside the last time.

chico2
September 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
So I guess it could not be JJones cat after all,I understand he's all grey:sad:

Tower7
September 10th, 2008, 05:11 PM
So you called the spca at 5:30 in tme morning and this is what they told you. Doesn't matter what time, I can't believe a Humane Society would tell you this. Pretty sad for a humane society to this.

Nothing against you, just shocked that a humane society would tell you that.

ACO22

ACO22
Here’s the time frame.
Black cat showed up Friday afternoon after Humane Society was closed.

Phoned Humane Society as soon as they opened Saturday morning 10h00 A.M.
They told me:
All the shelters and rescues were full around Peterborough.
Do not feed any cats.
Spray cats with water so that they will go away.

Even though I was told not to, I started feeding the black cat that afternoon and fed him until Tuesday when he left. I listened to my heart.

Sunday morning @ 5h30 A.M. my granddaughters and I were awakened by a terrible noise. (I was told later, it had also awakened both my neighbours). I stepped out on my back deck to find the black cat under my swing making a very high pitched noise and saw a grey cat on the stairs making a noise worst than I have ever heard before. When I took another step forward to pick up the black cat the grey one was frightened and ran away.

Have a good day.
Tower7

jjones10
September 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks Tower,
I really don't think that is my cat. If you click on the link that I had attached on an earlier post you can see a picture of my missing animal.
However Thanks.

Tower7
September 11th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks Tower,
I really don't think that is my cat. If you click on the link that I had attached on an earlier post you can see a picture of my missing animal.
However Thanks.

I looked at your link after I wrote and no this is definitely not your cat.

I wish you all the luck in finding your beautiful cat.

Tower7

chico2
September 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Tower,of course you have to feed a hungry stray,I don't think anyone here would not do the same,I don't know why HS would say such a thing:yell:

jjones,I too hope you find your pretty cat,I assume you have checked all the FULL shelters in Peterborough,checked in person,not by phone.Good Luck:goodvibes:

NoahGrey
September 14th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Phoned Humane Society as soon as they opened Saturday morning 10h00 A.M.
They told me:
All the shelters and rescues were full around Peterborough.
Do not feed any cats.
Spray cats with water so that they will go away..

While I believe you, still can't believe that a Humane Society would tell you this. Most would say contiune feeding it, they have a room evenually, they can give you a humane trap and then bring the cat into the shelter.

the grey one was frightened and ran away.

But in the above post you said that you chased it away?

ACO22

badger
September 14th, 2008, 12:42 PM
The not dearly departed Barnoti of the Montreal SPCA gave this very advice during a radio call-in show, not to feed stray cats because it only encourages them (to - uh -live, maybe?)
The woman caller was shocked into silence.
I have no problem with euthanizing sick or irremediably aggressive animals, but to suggest we 'manage' the problem of overpopulation by basically attacking people who show compassion is just cruel. Without offering the person or the animal any alternative (catch-and-release, education, free spay/neuter clinics, tools for people who are willing to help, etc.) Pathetic.
Sad to see this attitude 'catching on' elsewhere.

PS I know this is not the thinking among many of the people who work and volunteer there, just wanted to make that clear.

14+kitties
September 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
The not dearly departed Barnoti of the Montreal SPCA gave this very advice during a radio call-in show, not to feed stray cats because it only encourages them (to - uh -live, maybe?)
The woman caller was shocked into silence.
I have no problem with euthanizing sick or irremediably aggressive animals, but to suggest we 'manage' the problem of overpopulation by basically attacking people who show compassion and willingness to help is just cruel.
Sad to see this attitude 'catching on' elsewhere.

PS I know this is not the thinking among many of the people who work and volunteer there, just wanted to make that clear.

Unfortunately that thought has already been mentioned years ago in the area I am from. The thought was they would then move on and find a spot "in the country" to live. I guess the powers that be figured they would find lots of farmers willing to take them in. :loser:s