Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ma Belle & Cuz

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Ma Belle loves to play with one of Nelly's Cuz. This is has been "desqueeke" by Nelly and the squeeker is now loose in the ball. Which is perfect for Ma Belle because although she can't see it , she can hear it ! :thumbs up

1. Meeting the Cuz
2. Beautiful Belle
3. This is what happen when I try to take her pic , if I talk to her , she comes straight to me :lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 01:31 PM
1. I'll get you Cuz !!
2. Maybe if I slap it ?
3. Got ya !

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 01:33 PM
1. What ?
2. Is this pose ok ?
3. Taking a break , tongue pic :D

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 01:35 PM
1. I know there's a cat near .....
2. And this is what happen when I try to watch a movie , Sam and Bailey lay down on the floor but rest their heads on the couch to get pet , by the time I got the cam , Sam had moved , but Bailey demonstrated it for you guys :D

Bearsmom
August 31st, 2008, 02:54 PM
I LOVE ma belle's tail! So swishy looking!

She looks really good!

breeze
August 31st, 2008, 02:59 PM
she is absolutely beautiful Frenchy!! :cloud9:

diandpat
August 31st, 2008, 03:11 PM
OMG Frenchy. Ma Belle seems to be thriving at your place. I am sure she has never had a toy to play with. She must think she had died and gone to heaven:cloud9: LOVE the picture with the cat :laughing:

I also recognize that that golden look coming from the foot of the couch...I think it is part of their "golden training" as Ginger does the same same thing all the time. Either she wants pats or treats...whatever she can get ;-)

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys , she is adorable :cloud9: loves belly rubs , loves to give kisses (not too much , just the right amount :laughing:) and sit on your feet :p but I can't wait for her to get adopted and get the time and attention she deserves.

chico2
August 31st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Frenchy,is Belle totally blind,in the pics it looks as if she can see a bit.
She is such a beautiful dog:lovestruck:
and Monsieur,as dignified as ever:lovestruck:
then Bailey,what a sweet face,just made for kisses:lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 05:23 PM
Frenchy,is Belle totally blind,in the pics it looks as if she can see a bit.

No , she doesn't have any eyes , they had to be removed :sad: but if she looks like she can see, it's because she uses her nose a lot , that's why her nose is always up in the air :) and you do forget that she can't see , blind dogs act just like any other dogs :thumbs up

chico2
August 31st, 2008, 05:25 PM
Oh Frenchy,she had them removed,it sounds just terrible,but she looks very happy and content at your house.:dog:

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Chico2 , it's amazing how fast these dogs settle in. They learn where everything is soooo fast , it's quite amazing to watch. I won't lie , it's been a lot of work having her here but only because I have to keep her separated from my dogs. I'm still glad I took her in , it teaches us that they (animals) don't care about their handicaps / problems. They just deal with it and they're still happy as any other dogs.

Gypsyhick
August 31st, 2008, 06:10 PM
Ma Belle is so beautiful - I can't wait for her to find an adoptive family that appreciates her. :)

And Bailey's pic, well, that's just a look that says SNUGGLE!

Sylvie
August 31st, 2008, 07:52 PM
Oh Frenchy she is so beautiful :lovestruck:

I hope she gets adopted fast for all of you :D

But at least she is safe for now. :angel:

clm
August 31st, 2008, 09:04 PM
You would never know looking at those pics that she was blind. Funny she runs to you when you start to talk. :laughing: That pic of Baily is adorable. :cloud9:

Cindy

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Aw, a fun day at Frenchy's :cloud9:

Ma Belle looks great! It's just amazing to me that she can find the Cuz! What a clever girl! :lovestruck:

And Bailey :flirt:

allymack
August 31st, 2008, 09:21 PM
Belle looks great! its neat that she figured out to follow it by the sound:dog:

Frenchy
August 31st, 2008, 09:29 PM
Funny she runs to you when you start to talk. :laughing:
Yes and she only stops when she hits me :laughing:
It's just amazing to me that she can find the Cuz! What a clever girl! :lovestruck:

I let her outside earlier but came back inside , I check up on her and saw her running in the yard :eek: but she knows where everything is now :shrug: I used to always walk with her around the yard , telling her where things are , she doesn't need me anymore :cry: :laughing:
Belle looks great! its neat that she figured out to follow it by the sound:dog:

And it was so funny to look at her pounce around it at first :laughing: like a puppy with his first ball. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2008, 09:45 PM
I let her outside earlier but came back inside , I check up on her and saw her running in the yard :eek: but she knows where everything is now :shrug: I used to always walk with her around the yard , telling her where things are , she doesn't need me anymore :cry: :laughing:

Aw, there, there, Mom :grouphug: It's always so hard when the kids grow up and become independent! :p What it means is you've done a remarkable job with her! :thumbs up

14+kitties
August 31st, 2008, 09:59 PM
Belle's story is so amazing it makes you cry. To think not too long ago she had never felt cement beneath her feet and now she has experienced so much. :cloud9: What kind of people would give an angel like that up? Worse yet, would threaten to euthanize her? :loser:
Frenchy a big big huge :grouphug: to you from me and my gang!! I love the way you look after these babies!!!!

luckypenny
August 31st, 2008, 10:57 PM
Wonderful pictures Frenchy. You really captured this:
they (animals) don't care about their handicaps / problems. They just deal with it and they're still happy as any other dogs.

She's a beautiful girl :cloud9:.

growler~GateKeeper
September 1st, 2008, 03:03 AM
Ma Belle has come along way already Frenchy :thumbs up great job

Love the pic w/Ma Belle & M. Le Chat :lovestruck: and Bailey pic - he needs a kiss on the nose :lovestruck:

chico2
September 1st, 2008, 07:33 AM
Yes Frenchy,animals and their adaptability are amazing...I asked if she could see a little,because looking at the pics,it looks like she does.:lovestruck:
You have a HUGE heart giving her a chance to experience love and care,also probably learning from her.
Hopefully someone with an equally huge heart will offer her a wonderful home:pray:

wdawson
September 1st, 2008, 09:52 AM
ma belle :cloud9:

ancientgirl
September 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Frenchy, my heart both swells and breaks when I see Ma Belle. I hope and pray she finds a loving home that can give her all of the love she can stand.:lovestruck:

Brandykins
September 1st, 2008, 12:01 PM
Aw Ma Belle is so beautiful and what a lovely expressive face! Hope she goes to someone who will love her as she obviously deserves to find one. You do have a big heart and to give her a great start with the love you are obviously giving her. Well done.

Take care.

Frenchy
September 1st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks for all the compliments , I will pass them on to Belle :D

She is a wonderful dog, was running all by herself in the yard last night , without hurting herself , she knows where everything is now. :thumbs up

TeriM
September 1st, 2008, 08:56 PM
Great pictures Frenchy, Ma Belle is soooo beautiful and full of life :cloud9:.

Make sure you give Bailey a quick smooch on that adorable nose from me :lovestruck:.

glasslass
September 2nd, 2008, 12:35 AM
First time I've seen Ma Belle. She's really sweet!:lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
September 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Ma Belle is beautiful, I didn't realize she was blind. I truly hope she finds her forever home soon. Bless you Frenchy for taking her in despite all the extra work it involved for you. She looks soooo happy. Bailey looks so cute! Mine does that at the table when she knows there's a cookie on it... She'll stand there for 20 minutes hoping somebody notices!!

Love4himies
September 2nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Oh Frenchy, Ma Belle looks like she is thriving so well at your place. I knew you could do it!!!!!

I hope she finds a furever home that is just as good as yours :fingerscr

Chris21711
September 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
She is truly beautiful Frenchy, as is the norm you are taking the best care of her. It is a shame that her first meet and greet did not go that well with the rest of the crew, it would make things so much easier for you. Bless you for hanging in there :thumbs up

Ford Girl
September 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
These are so cute Frenchy :lovestruck:, she looks so much happier then when she first came to your place. Nothing like a Cuz to bring out the clown in a goofy dog. :crazy:

Bailey's pose, I've seen that before...and Im a sucker for it every time...:lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I have created a monster , she does NOT go out without her Cuz now :laughing:

chico2
September 3rd, 2008, 07:49 AM
Awww Frenchy,she has bonded with the cuz:lovestruck:
Frenchy,a probably dumb,nosy question,but when you foster does the rescue help you with food etc..for Ma Belle??

Winston
September 3rd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Frenchy that is so cute! Winston loves his CUZ too! takes it everywhere! eats with it, drinks with it, sleeps with it! God when we go outside in the yard he gets to the door to go out and will run back inside to go get his CUZ! CANT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!! :laughing:

He hasnt even damaged it other than the squeeky!

bendyfoot
September 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'm still glad I took her in , it teaches us that they (animals) don't care about their handicaps / problems. They just deal with it and they're still happy as any other dogs.

Well said. Very true. It can be more work and sometimes very emotionally difficult, but so, so rewarding.

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Awww Frenchy,she has bonded with the cuz:lovestruck:
Frenchy,a probably dumb,nosy question,but when you foster does the rescue help you with food etc..for Ma Belle??

The rescue did offer food but I can't get to it (it's in Montreal) Poodletalk and LP have offered to pick it up for me , I'm still waiting about infos as to where the food is exactly. Because Belle is getting 6 cups a day , so right know , I'm feeding a total of 18.5 cups of kibble a day :eek: :laughing: