Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not Impressed

onster
August 30th, 2008, 06:22 PM
A girl I used to go to highschool with wrote on my FB wall the day I arrived back in Canada that her cat fell out of a window (she thinks) :frustrated: and is now roaming the streets..."tell me everything i need to know" I basically wrote her multiple essays telling her all the tricks I know, the people to contact, the things to do and offered to help her look for him on Sunday ( I arrived here on saturday)...she said no its ok cuz shes going to Toronto but thanks etc etc....

She updates her status that she misses him sooo much, please pray he'll come back...

I never called her cuz my bro crashed my car and I ended up very busy (my dad is leavibg back to Egypt tomorrow)..so I msg her today on msn apologising telling her I can help her look now, any updates? Did she go to the humane society? HEr: oh well ya we went the one day but it was closed...

me..uhh..did u call?? her: no...but were probably going to go today cuz my bro in law (hubby of older sis) wants to get my lil sis (who the cat belonged to) a kitten (a guess a replacement for her cat)

WTF

thats all I can say.

14+kitties
August 30th, 2008, 06:24 PM
What else can you say?? :loser:

onster
August 30th, 2008, 06:27 PM
what irks me the most is that shes changed all her profile pics and stuff to this pic of her hugging her cat...and yet not one poster have I seen up..she didnt even do the simplest thing calling the humane society, not to mention going herself!!!!

seriously...im glad that at that moment my mom was yelling at me to get off the pc since we were going out so I just logged off...

i feel bad for her poor kitty :sad: He's declawed front, indoor only longhaired grey kitty..never saw it but saw pics on her FB...I dont think he'd stand a chance..

kathryn
August 30th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Maybe if you have free time just look for yourself??? I dunno, I'd do that. Even if it wasn't my cat, I'd feel rather guilty just sitting there if I had some time to go look or put up posters or something.

Some people think cats especially are disposable. I'm at a shelter and I see it daily.

onster
August 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I wouldnt even know where to look though..I thought of it though. I havent seen her since highschool 4 yrs ago and I dont even know where she lives anymore (obviously she still lives in the same city). I think its a bit futile too even if I do get her address as Ive never even met her kitty and there are so many cats that roam....:shrug: It would be highly unlikely that a scared indoor only cat would come out for a person he doesnt know.

I offered to print and put posters up for her though and take her to the HS

krdahmer
August 31st, 2008, 12:40 AM
That just sucks... I will never understand why people don't do the simplest things to try to find their cats.... like how much does it really take out of your day to call the HS or make a few posters and put them up in the area??? How lazy can you be??? :frustrated::mad: And not to go out and try to call for your pet??? Seriously a few minutes every day of calling it's name? :yell: (can ya tell I'm still a bit peeved??:rolleyes:)

I hope some nice cat lady finds her cat and gives him the loving home he deserves! :goodvibes::pray:

ancientgirl
August 31st, 2008, 11:38 AM
So she lost her cat, but instead of going to the Humana Society to see if he's there, they're going to get a new kitten? WTH?

onster
September 5th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Ok so said girl just asked me this question:

I left his litter box out at night and today my sis found new poo...would it be him or another cat?

Im assuming it could be either or...right?

Jim Hall
September 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
either leave some food and stick around

onster
September 5th, 2008, 09:11 PM
her poor kitty :sad:

She said shes been leaving food and its being eaten but that could be anything right :shrug: I think im gonna go with her to the humane society tomorrow and try borrowing a trap or something

kathryn
September 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I would find it very unlikely for a random cat to come up to a strange house, use a strange litter box with weird smells and then leave.

It was very likely the cat they were looking for. Whenever I bring a new cat in or get new fosters they are always wary of the litterbox and it's smells, so I just give them their own for a few days.

Trap is a best idea at this point. Even if you catch the wrong cat it's no big deal, just reset it and try again.

luckypenny
September 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Could belong to any cat I guess :shrug:.

What I would suggest, is reply to her on her "Wall" asking what she's done to find the cat. Make your suggestions in point form so she doesn't miss anything :rolleyes:. If she replies to you on your wall, just copy and paste when you respond on her's again. Maybe you can passively/subtly humiliate her into taking responsibility :shrug:.

I know it's not your job to do, but if you have just a wee bit of free time, can you print the kitty's photo and bring it to the shelters/pounds yourself? Perhaps if you do find her, you can inform her publicly on FB?

onster
September 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
have u seen my wall LP? She's been writing on it. I do write back on her wall and tell her all waht to do...sometimes big paragraphs, sometimes point form..even give her specific sites that tell u what do when u have a lost kitty. I havent asked her what she has done tho...will try that.

I actually put up a few posters for her. She only has one pic of her cat and its very unclear (cellphone pic) with her hugging him in it...basically u can just tell that its a long hair gray cat, if that.

I have a feeling the humane society wont lend us a trap...i dont have good experience with them :o but Ill try my best....its getting cold and its been raining, i just feel so bad for the cat.

luckypenny
September 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I haven't been on FB in a while.

Is it possible her lack of action is because she's confused about whether she wants her cat back :shrug:?

I just can't think of why she doesn't want to actively attempt to find him.

In any case, I hope the kitty is somewhere safe :fingerscr.

kathryn
September 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Some people are just like that apparently. In all honesty I see it happen often when it comes to a cat. It's hard to explain, but it's just like the people have given up hope or afraid they will find the cat dead or something, and they would rather pretend the cat is in a happy place now instead of what really likely happened.

My neighbor lost her one cat a while back, but it was before I really got to know her. She never put up posters or anything. She told me the cat was old, got out the door and went into the woods and that she knew it wasn't going to come home and wasn't going to end up at the shelter.

I personally think the cat is still alive even though I never met the cat. The woods are the 6 acres my friend owns and my grandmom is on the other side of... she's reported seeing a calico that matches a description of my neighbors cat so you never know....

Cats are survivors naturally, but when people purposely kill them or hurt them then there is nothing that can be done about that.