Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Riley's Summer Vacation Pictures

TeriM
August 30th, 2008, 12:16 AM
So, we just came back from two weeks of camping through North Western Washington State and the BC Okanagan area. Had a great time, and Riley thoroughly enjoyed himself as well.

A hike we did near Lake Wenatchee UP to a beautiful mountain lake.

Shaking off? or maybe temporary devil possession :D?

On a walk around Lake Wenatchee .... can we just stop here and swim mom?

TeriM
August 30th, 2008, 12:19 AM
More splashing at Lake Wenatchee

Enjoying the sunshine on a walk by the lake

Hanging out at the campsite at Steamboat Rock (near Grand Coulee Damn)

TeriM
August 30th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Lake monster?

Swimming at Steamboat Rocks campsite

A beautiful hike near Lake Chelan

TeriM
August 30th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Last ones :D.

Modelling his new "cooling" bandana. It actually did seem to make him more comfy on those super hot days (we hit 106F a few days).

Model shots with pretty sunflowers.

Cooling off in a stream on a hike.

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2008, 12:47 AM
OMG Riley looks like a bear in the first shot :laughing:

Looks like a wonderful vacation :thumbs up great pics :cloud9:

Love the "model shots with pretty sunflowers" flipped ears are so cute :lovestruck:

TeriM
August 30th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Hehe, you are right about looking like a bear :eek:. I get that so often that I try to keep a bright collar on him cause he is always freaking people out when we are hiking on the local mountains.

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Heehee :laughing: then you say "Yes this is my pet bear Riley, let me introduce you" :D

14+kitties
August 30th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Beautiful pics! Looks like Riley really enjoyed himself!! :cloud9:

luckypenny
August 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM
OMG Riley looks like a bear in the first shot :laughing:

:laughing: I thought the exact same thing :D . Is he ever big and beefy :cloud9:!

Did you have as good of a time as Riley did? The thing I don't like about camping is going home :sad:.

I like the "lake monster" one best. Just makes me want to plant a kiss on his snout :lovestruck: .

Brandykins
August 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Love all the pics of :lovestruck: Riley :lovestruck:- and the scenery as well. He is a big beauty. Like the bandana one!! Bet you all had a fantastic time - looks a great place.:thumbs up:thumbs up

Chaser
August 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Wow, he is just so gorgeous!!! :lovestruck: :cloud9:

jessi76
August 30th, 2008, 02:43 PM
wow, looks like a beautiful area! and looks like Riley had a BLAST! is he able to stay off leash most of the time? (I WISH my dog could do that!)

Frenchy
August 30th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Riley looks goooood ! :lovestruck: those are beautiful places , lucky Riley that got to swim :cloud9:

allymack
August 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
he looks like he had such a great time camping! i just want to give him a big smoosh :cloud9:

and i have to agree, he does look slightly bearish in the first picture:dog:

ancientgirl
August 31st, 2008, 11:55 AM
He looks great and wow did he have a good time by the looks of it. I love that picture o:Df him with the bandanna, and the lake monster

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2008, 06:57 PM
He sure is a gorgeous boy! :flirt: I especially like the bandana shot...such a striking portrait! :cloud9:

He does look like he enjoyed his vacation. :D Was he disappointed to get home?

TeriM
September 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
is he able to stay off leash most of the time? (I WISH my dog could do that!)

Yep, he gets to stay off leash most times when we are hiking or swimming. When we had him in swimming near more busy areas we kept a 30ft line on him just in case.

He does look like he enjoyed his vacation. :D Was he disappointed to get home?

I don't think so, he was very mellow and kinda tired for the first few days back. My mom brought back Lucy and Sam came as well and poor Sam was trying to get Riley to play but he just wanted to relax and hang out :shrug:.