Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Costco Cat tree

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
When I went to pick up Onnie & Bunduk I asked Anita about the cat trees they had and she told me that recently she bought many from costco (I NEVER see cat treees on sale there??? :sad:), she bought about 5 or so knowing that her customers often ask about her trees.

I was going to get one for them but my mom wont let me as there's just way too much cat stuff in the house in her opinion :o. Its true. Bunduk does a good job of scattering his toys everywhere by morning (every day I put them in the basket and come night were constantly tripping all over them) :evil:. I swear it looks like we have sextuplet toddlers or something in the house!! :crazy: ...the mama has drawn the line :o

Anyhooo if anyone is interested, she is selling these for $115...I thought they were a good price considering theyre way more expensive at petstores.

Theyre located in Arkell, near Guelph..u can pm me for their info/ checkouthttp://www.catnapcottages.ca/ for Anita's email.

Masha
August 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
What kind of cat trees are those? are they the large multi level kind (how tall?)... i was planning on making one, but at 115 thats a very good price

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:13 PM
sorry I just included the photo now..had to resize...here's what she told me:

I am selling the post for $116 + 5% GST, no PST. It is about 5 feet tall and attached is the pic. My 3 cats LOVE it more than any of their others!! There are toys in the hole thing and a dangly ball from the top that the cat here is playing with... see attached.

oops so it was 116 + GST...still i think its good considering the prices ive seen at petsmart and such :shrug:

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I know u could probably make a cooler and cheaper one if you were handy...but thats the thing I dont know how to use any tools/ dont have the time/ dont want to sacrifice a finger :laughing:

In any case, even if it were freee ...no more kitty stuff for me :sad:

Masha
August 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info, thats a very good deal... if my attempt at making a tree fails this weekend, i may get one from them... now at petsmart anything decent is like 200$...

Frenchy
August 29th, 2008, 09:19 PM
from costco (I NEVER see cat treees on sale there??? :sad:), .

Onster , I bought mine (the cats I mean) at Costco but it's smaller than this one. Our Costco here only had one size , I think it was 49.99.

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I know eh...I always wanted to get them ones from petsmart and such but I just couldnt justify the price to be honest....so then i felt bad that they didnt have a tree and I bought them a whole bunch of other things and now the house is too stuffed :o

I dont see why costco doesnt have them on sale on year round...Ive never seen them and weve been members for 7 yrs! Maybe they only go on sale in the summer?? :shrug:

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:22 PM
this one frenchy?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10306908&whse=bcca&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-CA

I think ive seen that for sale once...but its not what I was looking for..I wanted something tall like the one she is selling now so my cats could look out the basement windows and stuff....(now I get meooooow...lift me on the ledge...meeooooow...take me off the ledge now mommy :rolleyes:)

Frenchy
August 29th, 2008, 09:24 PM
this one frenchy?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10306908&whse=bcca&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-CA

Yep that's the one , but omg it's 64.99 now ? :eek: not even a year ago I paid 49.99 !!!

But it's like their dog and cat food , it all went up $$$. :shrug:

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I really want it :yell::yell: I have the money for it too...but...mama's house mama's rules. My moms a neat freak but she really has been ok with kitty stuff everywhere and kitty furniture..even had a kitty fountain at one point (but it broke and we returned it) at this point though she thinks if I cut down on kitty spending I could feed a small country :o:laughing:. That and she wants SOME notion that people actuallly live at the house, not just cats :rolleyes:

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
:eek: u mean if I wait until next yr to buy the cat tree I might pay 140 for it :eek:.....who wants to sneak the cat tree into the house with me? :evil:

Frenchy
August 29th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Why don't you make a deal with your mom ? Like getting rid of something of yours so you can get the cat tree ? Or .... black mail her :evil:

:laughing: man I'm a bad influence :cool:

onster
August 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
lol...

actually i think I may give away the dog bed I got at costco for the cats...its HUGE and the cats are afraid of it :shrug: Its too "sinky" for them...I mean the cat tree would actually take less space on the floor, just more space vertically :whistle:

lol as of late anything I buy for the cats ive been told has to be in my room. I now have 1 huge sisal scratcher in my room and their 2 egyptian beds...lucky I have a big room :D

Frenchy
August 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
lol...

actually i think I may give away the dog bed I got at costco for the cats...

:thumbs up there you go !

krdahmer
August 30th, 2008, 02:25 AM
I got my big 6' one at Petsmart on clearance a few years ago, and it was $115 on clearance, so that is really reasonable for one that size.