Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Voodoo Rolled In Grossness - Pics Post-Bath

Gypsyhick
August 29th, 2008, 04:39 PM
We went to the big off-leash park last night and afterwards when we got into the car, I put on my seatbelt and smelled something... not right. As we drove, the smell kept getting worse and worse until I had to open the window. Voodoo didn't have any obvious gross stuff on her fur, not even slobber from other dogs but when we got home and she went directly under the coffee table to have quality time with herself, I knew exactly where that stench was coming from!

Whatever she rolled in, it had to be very much past expiration - there was about a two minute window where I was picking up after her in the long grass at the park and when I was done, she didn't come immediately when I called her back to me. At the time I thought it was a case of the frustrating "I'm digging for a mouse!" attention problem or that she'd gotten lost again - yep, she can't SEE me when we're in long grass so she'll run back and wait for me by the park entrance if she can't find me within a few minutes. Weirdo. Anywho, just as I was about to worry, she came back to me at full run, so very happy and I thought nothing of it at the time.

It was sooo bad. I shampooed her three times, had to get right into her ears because the smell just wouldn't come out. Why can't shampoo smell stay around as intensely as DEAD-THING SMELL?!?!

No wonder she was smiling so wide when she came running back. EWWW.

Here's her post bath freakout - photos aren't the best because she was zipping and zooming around the house like a crazy dog!:
1. "Snarling and snorting and flipping on my back! WATER ZOOMIES!!!"
2. "Clean smells horrible. Carpet smell is much better!"
3. "You say you love me, then you torture me with a bath! We are not amused."

14+kitties
August 29th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Voodoo is gorgeous!! I love the post bath zoomies. :cloud9:

Frenchy
August 29th, 2008, 08:05 PM
:laughing: oh yes we've been there ! :yuck: and yes , that smell is hard to get rid off.

She's too cute ! :lovestruck:

luckypenny
August 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM
If Voodoo was all black, I'd swear that was Penny in the photos with her shower zoomies.

Did you take her back to the dog park today :D ?

hazelrunpack
August 29th, 2008, 10:46 PM
She's a doll, Gypsyhick! :lovestruck:

Why do they always find the stinkiest stuff in the Universe to roll in? :rolleyes: :laughing:

I've found that 3% hydrogen peroxide can remove some odors. :thumbs up Pour it on the stinky parts (keeping it out of the eyes, of course), then rinse well and/or shampoo.

Frenchy
August 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Good idea Hazel , like the shampoo recipe against skunk odors , peroxide , baking soda and soap dish. :thumbs up

TeriM
August 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Gotta love those post-bath zoomies :cloud9:.

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2008, 12:43 AM
:lovestruck: Voodoo :lovestruck:

So funny how they rub there noses along the carpet :laughing: Love the last pic :lovestruck:

Love how she'll go to the entrance of the dog park - smart grrl she's knows you'll find your way back to her :highfive:

Gypsyhick
August 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
lol - you'd think, being a DOG that she'd have a keen sense of sight or smell to figure out that I'm still somewhat nearby at the park. It's just not so on windy days, maybe the wind confuses the sound of my voice and my smell? It amazes me up every time I've watched her panic then trot quickly back to the entrance, ears perked. Once I run to catch up with her, she does a full happy freakout. That's my little dingo. :lovestruck:

I'll be keeping an eye on Voo near the dead-thing area though, that's for sure. She's going to the vet today, her eye is puffy this morning and weepy and she won't stop rubbing it (well, until her smart dad taped a sock to her foot!) so maybe whatever she rolled in got into her eye, poor pup. :sick:

Crazy mutts - I'd give her a bath every day to see those zoomies if she didn't consider it torture!

Brandykins
August 30th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Must have been awful having to sit on the journey home with a smell!! Voodoo is a lovely lass - love the last pic.

Hugs to Voodoo and doggy kisses from Loki :thumbs up:thumbs up

jessi76
August 30th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Voodoo IS lovely! what a cute dog! lol.. sorry you had to endure such a stank! I (knock on wood) have not yet had to enure such a thing.. my dog won't step foot within a 2 ft radius of poop, nevermind rolling in nastiness. PHEW!

as for the eye, you can probably get some opthalmic ointment to put on it. it's basically an antibiotic for the eye. I used some once on my dog... had puppy conjunctivitis or something - I did a warm compress a few times a day and applied a tiny dab of opthalmic ointment.

Gypsyhick
August 31st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks Jessi! We're doing warm compresses and she pushes her head into it so I think that's a good sign!

allymack
August 31st, 2008, 11:22 AM
voo is gorgeous! we dont see enough pictures:D the post bath zoomies are always fun, cause once their done you have a clean tired dog :D:dog:

ancientgirl
August 31st, 2008, 12:11 PM
What's that smell? It's a clean pup!

I bet she felt sooooo good to be clean. She's a pretty girl.

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2008, 07:13 PM
How is Voo's eye tonight, Gypsyhick? :goodvibes:

Ford Girl
September 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
LOL!!! Leave it to Voo to find a hole and what evers dead in it. :crazy: :rolleyes: So cute. :lovestruck: