Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Helpful tip - removing tree sap

BusterBoo
August 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Not sure where to post this or if anyone else knew this but......

Yesterday Buster decided to lay down on a pinecone and had his belly covered in the sap! He was very uncomfortable and I tried to wash it out, then clip it out, but the sap was right onto his skin (near his......boy parts!) I remembered reading somewhere about using BUTTER to remove tree sap from animals (and humans).

Anyways, I tried it and it works amazingly well! It has to be butter, not margarine, just rub a bit onto the sticky part and you can feel the sap melt away.

Might be helpful for those of you who take long walks in the forests!

The website with the helpful tip is http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf552290.tip.html

Lots of helpful (cheap) information for every subject!

happycats
August 28th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Great tip......does it work on cars?

MIA
August 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I was camping a few weeks ago and Mocha got sap all over her belly and I actually used a baby wipe, worked really well!!!!!

BusterBoo
August 28th, 2008, 09:51 AM
not sure if butter works on cars, but if you do a search on the website there are several topics of removing tree sap from cars!

aslan
August 28th, 2008, 09:59 AM
you can also use peanut butter to those who don't have real butter, it also works on removing gum..

Frenchy
August 28th, 2008, 12:37 PM
The website with the helpful tip is http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf552290.tip.html

Lots of helpful (cheap) information for every subject!

Is there anything in there to remove morons from the face of the earth ? Should I try peanut butter ? :goodvibes:

:D

aslan
August 28th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Is there anything in there to remove morons from the face of the earth ? Should I try peanut butter ? :goodvibes:

:D

lol, only to lure them in, then you use a crossbow or something.

Frenchy
August 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM
lol, only to lure them in, then you use a crossbow or something.

or some maple leaf meat:p

kathryn
August 28th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I think you can use canola oil as well. I saw something from someone at the shelter where they use it to get sticky stuff outta fur...

hazelrunpack
August 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Our guys have embarrassing little bald patches where mom had to cut out pine sap gathered during their squirrel-treeing adventures. :D I think maybe I'll have to get some butter for such occasions and give it a shot! :thumbs up Thanks for the tip, Busterboo!