Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found dog in Brossard

lazburke
July 15th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Found a young mixed dog in Brossard. He's safe but we'd love to send him home to his family.

laz@hotseatstudios.com

Luba
July 16th, 2004, 12:19 AM
www.lostandfound.ca

www.canadastrays.com

www.petfinder.com

You can post the dogs picture pls and post on the above places as well.

Did you take the dog to get scanned for microchipping?
Looked in the ears, gums, flank for tattoos?
Any tags? Collar?

lazburke
July 16th, 2004, 11:40 AM
He has a collar but no tag.

Luba
July 16th, 2004, 02:08 PM
microchip scanned?

lauriem
July 16th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Hi,
Last year when my sister lost her dog she found him because a neighbor on a few streets over was out taking him for a walk. Brossard is quite a tight neighborhood, try walking him, maybe the owners will be out searching for him.
What kind of dog is he and can you post a picture?
Laurie

glasslass
July 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Good suggestion Lauriem. We had a good friend who was living with us die suddenly. He was devoted to our dog and walked him a couple times a day. I was able to notify many of his friends in the neighorhood just by walking him and having people recognize him and call out to him. If I saw someone I didn't recognize walking a dog I knew, I would certainly try to find out what was going on.

lauriem
July 17th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Hi Lazburke,

Have you found the dogs owner yet?

Glasslass ,Yeah if the dog has not been dumped off by someone on purpose it's probably one of the easiest ways to find them. thats too bad about the friend passing away, sorry to hear that. whatever happened to the dog did you keep him?
Laurie

glasslass
July 17th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Not meaning to highjack this thread so I will answer by PM. For everyone else though, I was referring to Den-Den, who always has been, and is, ours.

lauriem
July 17th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Duh, of course, silly me?
LOL
Laurie