Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not sure if it's true or not......

14+kitties
August 27th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I was just downtown at my local Pet Valu picking up the kitties food. I got talking to the manager about another issue and she told me that Eagle Pack had just bought out the company that makes Wellness. Has anyone else heard this?

breeze
August 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
there is no official announcement but I seem to recall, a friend of mine saying something about it..

Bluedrake
August 27th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I just hope they won't change the ingredients in Wellness. That's what I feed my cats.

14+kitties
August 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I asked the manager of the store. She said there wasn't any indication that any changes were going to be made to the food. They would be silly to do that when Wellness is doing so well.

breeze
August 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I just hope they won't change the ingredients in Wellness. That's what I feed my cats.

I asked the manager of the store. She said there wasn't any indication that any changes were going to be made to the food. They would be silly to do that when Wellness is doing so well.

I will ask when I see my friend tomorrow night.. maybe he will know more..

Lise
August 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I feed Eagle pac and they had better not change the formula either.Finally a food Nell isn't itchy with!!

ancientgirl
August 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
They better not change anything, that's why so many people buy Wellness, because of it's high quality ingredients. It's taken me so long to get everyone of the gang eating this, I don't want to change them.

luckypenny
August 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
According to this article, it is true.

http://www.petproductnews.com/headlines/2008/08/15/catterton-sells-wellness-pet-food-in-400-million-deal.aspx

rainbow
August 28th, 2008, 02:21 AM
And here is a response received on another forum.....

http://itchmoforums.com/your-problems-with-pet-food/wellness-cannedownership-discussion-t5878.45.html

ancientgirl
August 28th, 2008, 08:12 AM
This was disturbing:

Specifics discussed:
Wellness canned foods are made at three locations: Menu Foods in New Jersey; Menu Foods in Canada; and American Nutrition in Utah. You can tell where the canned is made by the lot codes, Menu ends with S and C; American Nutrition begins with M and W.
Wellness kibble is made at three locations: Hagen Pet Foods in New Jersey; CJ Foods in Kansas; American Nutrition in Utah.

Maybe I hadn't done enough research on where Wellness was manufactured, but I thought they were independent. Wasn't Menu foods the sources of the pet food recall?

BusterBoo
August 28th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Yes Menu Foods was the source of the recall......

Last month when I bought my bag of Wellness Fish and Potatoe for Buster, I noticed that the packaging had changed. I asked at the PetValu if any of the ingredients had changed and he assured me everything remained the same, just a packaging change. I guess maybe it was due to the purchase by the other company???

Love4himies
August 28th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Pretty soon, there will be only a couple of companies that own all the companies in the world.

14+kitties
August 28th, 2008, 12:00 PM
This is all very interesting. Hopefully they aren't changing anything and the quality of the food remains the same. :fingerscr