Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The "Mommy" Dedication Thread

wAggie
July 15th, 2004, 09:31 PM
I love my mommy.

Iggette
July 16th, 2004, 09:16 AM
What a wonderful idea wAggie a thread dedicated to our moms.....I like it.
Gonna dig through my photos to get a beauty of my Mom to post

TalonsMa
July 16th, 2004, 02:53 PM
What a sweetie you are Waggie, your mama must be so proud of you :)

Luba
July 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
That's lovely Aggie, your mom and you look so much alike!
I'm sure you're very happy to have her home again! :D

Lucky Rescue
July 16th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I loved my mother dearly, still miss her and would give ANYTHING if I could pick up the phone and hear her dear voice on the other end.

All of you who have moms, you are lucky - cherish the time you have with her!

We are never too old to need Mom!

chico2
July 16th, 2004, 07:40 PM
You're so right Lucky,my mother died very suddenly at the young age of 53 ,I was 31 at the time and I'll never forget that terrible phone-call from Sweden.There was soo much I would have liked to tell her,but mostly how much I loved her.She was divorced from my dad when I was 4 yrs old and struggled all her life.She was supposed to come to us in Canada and maybe stay,I used to joke I would find her a rich boyfriend in Canada,but of course it did not happen :(

Lucky Rescue
July 16th, 2004, 08:42 PM
I'm so sorry chico. That is truly tragic.:( My father died at 46, and there is so much I would like to know about him, and never will now.

wAggie
July 16th, 2004, 09:36 PM
thanx y'all!!!!!!!!

(here's a quick reminder, this is a GENERAL mommy dedication thread)

post pix, comments, stories... etc. :)

please.

glasslass
July 17th, 2004, 04:04 PM
It's taken me awhile to look through family pictures and I found one I especially like. It's my whole family, doggie members included, to illustrate the doggie-minded family I come from. This was taken 5 years ago this month. 5 family members, 4 dogs & Pop, have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I know Pop's there because he would have chosen to go where our pets have gone.

Left to right:

Me holding Den-Den (before I let my hair go natural)
My younger brother with Miko (Akita/mix who had back surgery, radiation & chemo)
Pop - a farrier - worked with animals all his life
My older brother with Iker, the Chesapeake
Mom holding Alfie (street urchin pound dog). My parent's other dog, Mitsy (who they witnessed pushed out of a car) is to the left of me.

chico2
July 17th, 2004, 04:10 PM
What a wonderful doggie family,you are very lucky :p

wAggie
July 17th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Anita's right, glasslass, you are VERY VERY lucky :D

glasslass
July 17th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks! I know it too. Nobody visits anybody without the dogs coming along too! :)

wAggie
July 17th, 2004, 09:45 PM
awww! how incredible!

awesome pic, awesome family :)

Luba
July 18th, 2004, 12:10 AM
'lass that is a lovely family picture, thank u for sharing :D

Cactus Flower
July 18th, 2004, 01:25 AM
I can't adequately describe how I feel about my Mother. It's like having a planet's worth of sentiment and trying to serve it on a teaspoon. No words measure up.

My Mom is an angel, I'm sure of it.

I talk to my Mom nearly every day (she lives nine hours away), and I always tell her how I feel about her. I tell her anything that I imagine I wish I "would have said", if I lost her. The last thing we always say to each other is "I love you". Always. I cherish every moment with her.

She's moving in with me as soon as her house sells.
And life won't get any better than that. Period.

glasslass
July 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM
That's really nice! You have a good mom. I can tell that by you being such a good daughter. Good mom reflected. :)

Donna Marie
July 19th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Wow....sounds like the Moms are the lucky ones with how their kids speak so fondly of them! I never had a "mom"....my foster mom did the best she could, but you kind of spread yourself thin when you have at one point up to 18 in your household. I rarely got along with my birth mother, loooong story. But I tell you something, whatever I didn't get from a mom, I am making up for it tenfold with the love I have for my son.