Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogs at BBQ

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I went to a BBQ on the weekend and was so excited to see dogs. I ended up taking more pics of the dogs than people :o.

There was a BMD puppy, black lab puppy, Catahoula, Pit Bull, 2 Chocolate labs, Toy poodle, a mixed mutt, and a schnauzer.

The poor BMD was picked up from the breeders the day before, the owners brought the poor puppy there and ignored her most of the day:frustrated:. I kept taking it to the water bowl, she was much too young to find it herself.

1. "Are you my momma?" Maxine, the pitbull, and the baby BMD.
2. Maxine smiling and pooped after running and trying to keep up with a young Catahoula.
3. Maxine and the Catahoula.

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Here is a picture of the BMD, exhausted. I carried her over to a water dish so she could drink. Poor thing it was 30 degrees that day.

A pic of the toy poodle, he didn't partake in the doggie play, I think they played a little to rough for him.

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Sammy is the baby black lab and I can't remember her sister's name.

Ollie is one of the chocolate labs.

Last pic is of Sammy's sister.

The dogs had a blast!!! They were so pooped at the end of the day, they passed out.

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I save the best for last:

This is Molly. She is the owner's dog and didn't par take in the activities either as she is very timid. She was adopted from the Kingston Humane Society a few months back. She was rescued from a huge puppy mill raid. She is about 5 years old and spent her time in a rabbit cage breeding. She could not stand up straight, was full of parasites and grossly underweight when she was rescued. She would freeze when humans came close to her. Look at her now!!! She is not too bad with strangers, but would prefer that people leave her alone. She is has attached herself to her new mom and doesn't like to be out of eyesight of her.

14+kitties
August 26th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Wonderful pics!! The pups look like they all had a blast playing! That poor BMD
puppy. If the owners were ignoring it on it's first day with them what is his life going to be like? :sad:
And Molly :cloud9: Such a great story!! Thank the mom for adopting her. She is beautiful!

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Wonderful pics!! The pups look like they all had a blast playing! That poor BMD
puppy. If the owners were ignoring it on it's first day with them what is his life going to be like? :sad:
And Molly :cloud9: Such a great story!! Thank the mom for adopting her. She is beautiful!

I felt so bad for that BMD pup, I couldn't even speak to the owners, I know it wouldn't be a civil conversation. She was so busy drinking that she didn't have any idea where her pup was most of the time.

Molly's mom is now a "Shelter pet" snob like me :D. They will only adopt from shelters now.

Brandykins
August 26th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Love pics of all the dogs enjoying themselves. The wee puppy is just so cute - good job you were there to get him to water. Poor wee soul. Love Molly - she is a beauty.

Looks as though all had a lovely day!!

Take care.

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Love pics of all the dogs enjoying themselves. The wee puppy is just so cute - good job you were there to get him to water. Poor wee soul. Love Molly - she is a beauty.

Looks as though all had a lovely day!!

Take care.

I was so afraid the baby BMD was going to have heat stroke :sad:, I couldn't stop babysitting the poor thing.

jessi76
August 26th, 2008, 10:19 AM
wow, looks like alot of fun! i love the variety of pooches at the BBQ! and what a happy ending for Ms. Molly!

mollywog
August 26th, 2008, 10:43 AM
great pics. Its so cute when a variety of dogs get together like that! Poor BMD, but lucky he had an :angel: like you watching over him! And I love the Catahoula (sp?) such pretty colouring!

ancientgirl
August 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
The owner of that little BMD puppy sounds like a lot of irresponsible parents I know. They go to a party and expect others to look out for their kids. Thankfully there are decent people who do help.

Molly looks great. What a sad story though about her. :sad:

Chris21711
August 26th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Looks like they had great fun L4H. Can't believe the owners of the BMD pup didn't pay her attention, I'd be worried all the time that something would happen. Great feeling being a Shelter Pet snob :thumbs up

allymack
August 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
great poctures L4H. its so sad that the BMD owner didnt pay attention to her..what were they thinking :confused: she just is meeting them and they basically leave her to her self and other dogs..good thing you were there to get her water!:dog:

Frenchy
August 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
She was so busy drinking that she didn't have any idea where her pup was most of the time.

Would have been perfect for dog napping. I can't believe someone would get a new dog and just ignores it. :wall:

ancientgirl
August 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I think people get pets just so they can say they have a dog or a cat etc...

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 01:44 PM
great poctures L4H. its so sad that the BMD owner didnt pay attention to her..what were they thinking :confused: she just is meeting them and they basically leave her to her self and other dogs..good thing you were there to get her water!:dog:

I was stunned, the poor puppy was taken from her momma the day before, then brought to this place. The puppy loved the dogs, but they were much too big for her to play with and they ignored her even though she was running after them. The black lab puppy came later in the day after the BMD went home, too bad, because the two would have been better suited to play with each other.

Chris, I could have picked up the puppy, taken it home, and came back to the party and the owners would not have missed the dog.:sad: Why didn't they just leave it with the breeders until Sunday????

Chris21711
August 26th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Chris, I could have picked up the puppy, taken it home, and came back to the party and the owners would not have missed the dog.:sad: Why didn't they just leave it with the breeders until Sunday????

I sure hope that they give her the attention she needs when she is growing up :wall:

FancyAppy
August 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Wonderful pics and commentary. I love Molly. I am so grateful she found a loving mom.
I hope the puppy's parents give the puppy attention and love. Thankfully you were there to keep an eye on her that day.