Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dear sweet Jersey-girl,

Luvmypitgirls
August 26th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Wow babygirl, I can't believe it's already been a year, since you came along and joined our family.
I remember the day you came into the rescue program, I was there to greet you when the vet from Medicine Hat graciously took a day off to transport you to Calgary himself.
When you jumped out of the backseat, I remember my heart skipping a beat, I'm sure my eyes were the size of dinner plates, for you were one of the prettiest APBT I had ever seen.
You looked at me, ears perked, tail wagging a mile a minute. I remember turning away from you, I couldn't allow myself to pet you or show you any affection. You went over to my hubby, he took one look at you and it was love at first sight. I remember him saying, "omg, can we have her?" To which I relied in a stern "NO, we can't have her, we already have a female APBT, no same sex adoptions remember!".
The head of the rescue, took you home with her, she would foster you until either another foster home came along or you were adopted, which ever happened first.
Thankfully, adoptions were slow, as they usually are in the summer season. The head of the rescue came to our house for a bbq, and brought you along. She had a full house of fosters as well as her two dogs, and it was begining to overwhelm her a bit, understandably so.
So after dinner that night when she was preparing to leave, I blurted out that she should just leave you behind with us, we'd be happy to foster you for a bit. Earlier in the evening, we introduced you to our dogs, you and Kato, hit it off wonderfully. You and Abby, there was about 5 minutes there when I thought for sure we were going to have an issue. But Abby, rolled over infront you, totally submissive to you. To our amazement, you gave her a big kiss upside her head, and then you laid down with her and at that moment we could tell that an amazing relationship was being born.
I knew, when the head of the rescue left you with us that evening, that I had already failed at fostering again, heck you hadn't been with us 2 minutes and I knew I was a failed foster. Two weeks later, we signed the adoption contract. Thankfully the powers that be, agreed to bend the rules for us, since they knew of our bully breed experience, and that I am a stay home mom and you would never be left out unsupervised with your Pitster Abby.
Jersey, I love you, I adore you and I can't imagine my life without you.
Thank you for this past year of companionship, friendship, unconditional love. Thank you Jersey, for all the kisses and cuddles, for all the bully-smiles, for all the playfulness and gentleness.
I also want to thank you Jersey, and Abby, for helping to mend my broken heart from the passing of my sweet Ben.
Jersey-girl, puddin' pie, we love you so much, Happy 1 year anniversary sweet girl.
Love always and forever,
Your devoted human
Momma

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 08:25 AM
What a wonderful tribute to you girl :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM
That was sweet. Made my eyes tear up. Whenever I read something like this I remember the day I found everyone in my gang and I tear up again.

I love having these little creatures in my life and I think anyone who hadn't had this experience is missing out on so much joy.

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2008, 08:18 PM
happy gotcha day, Jersey!!

Give your mom a kiss for loving you so much! :dog: