Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Omg,omg...

chico2
August 25th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I had the scare of my life(well almost)today,as a habit,if Fate is outside,I kind of keep an eye on her.
Today to my horror,I see the person who cut the grass left the gate open:yell:
Fate is standing by the open gate,my heart is in my throat.
How to get there before she takes off???
I had treats in my pockets and as I cross the street she comes to me("phew")rather than running off,I gently bring her back and close the gate.
But OMG,I was just shaking....

allymack
August 25th, 2008, 04:41 PM
oh my goodness, i would be nearly having a heart attack! it good that she came to oyu instead of taking off! how could they leave the gate open like that?! i dont understand some pepole!:wall: atleast she is safe now! she is just gorgeous! :cloud9:

Ford Girl
August 25th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Good work Chico - you are my kinda neighbour. Always looking out for your friends and their critters. I'd have ran across too.

(psst..you might wanna ask marko to move this thread in to another section, this is the food section)

allymack
August 25th, 2008, 05:03 PM
well...she did mention treats..thats food..sorta :D, hehe no just kidding

your neighbours are so lucky to have you as a enighbour though!

Frenchy
August 25th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Chico2 , are you sure aslan wasn't hiding on the street corner with treats and a leash ? :laughing:

What a good girl Fate (Faith :D) is :cloud9:

aslan
August 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM
if i was there, chico wouldn't have stood a chance, the dog would be cuddled in my lap right this minute.

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Thank Dawg you noticed, chico! We've had some close calls with workmen leaving gates open, too...I've even had nightmares about it. :eek:

You're Fate's :angel:.

rainbow
August 26th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Thank goodness you were there Chico :thumbs up :angel: ....I would hate to think what might have happened. :eek:

chico2
August 26th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Ooops,am I in the food-section:shrug:oh well:laughing:
The grassperson,probably thought he closed the gate,but unlike my gate,it does not close on it's own.
I was very lucky,because that girl can really run,I would have died had she run out in the street:yell:
Aslan:laughing:

aslan
August 26th, 2008, 07:00 AM
hmmm i feel a plan hatching,,,how often does the grass guy come? Oh and make sure you tell her owners this story so if by some chance she goes missing next time the lawn guy is there they'll think he left the gate open again:D

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I think it was Aslan and she is only saying it wasn't because she failed to get Fate before you showed up:p

Seriously, I think you are a guardian angel to the animals around you, Chico :angel2:.

aslan
August 26th, 2008, 07:22 AM
lol, now love4 believe me i wouldn't make it a secret, just walk up, grab her and leave, that way i can still post pictures of her so Chico can see her all the time:D

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 07:26 AM
lol, now love4 believe me i wouldn't make it a secret, just walk up, grab her and leave, that way i can still post pictures of her so Chico can see her all the time:D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

chico2
August 26th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Aslan,yeah I wish she was part of your group of pups,she'd have sooo much fun.
No,I am not telling James(owner) what happened,the grassperson is his neighbor on the other side,I did tell him ,so it does not happen again.
Fate just about knocked me over,she is a very strong girl,but ohhh so beautiful:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Chico, thank goodness you were at the right place at the right time.

I keep praying Fate will find a place where she's not so ignored by her owners. She's such a beautiful girl, and I'm sure her issues with other dogs can be corrected with some training.

I think Aslan needs to make a covert mission.:D

14+kitties
August 26th, 2008, 03:46 PM
:grouphug: to you Chico. Always in the right place!!! :thumbs up

chico2
August 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM
14+,well,we are here every day and outside with the cats,most of the time if it's sunny,so we keep an eye on Fate.
Today when we walked Bailey,we took her up to the fence to see Fate,not a good idea,Bailey thinks she is a killer- dog,growls and goes on:yell:
It did not seem to face Fate though.