- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


therapist doctor for cats

August 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I have a 1 1/2 year old male. He is a big mama's boy. His mom and his brothers are living here too. We think he as a split personality. Half of the time he is like his brothers, love to play. The other time he is meowing (crying voice). These two change, somethings very few mins to an hour. We just have a feeling that somethings not right with him. We want to know is there a therapist doctor for cats?

August 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I can only tell you how I would deal with this - if it were to happen here with one of mine.

The first rule I'd apply is to have the cat thoroughly examined by a competent Veterinarian. Vocalizing like that is most often associated with a medical issue - often, one which is causing the animal some degree of pain. (usually, cats who are not feeling well will first attempt to hide, if I were hearing what you're hearing, I would not delay an examination.)

You're right in believing that something's not right...I'd suggest you have his body checked, rather than his psyche.

Should it not be physical in cause, the Veterinarian may be able to direct you to a behaviourist.