Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Simons Vacation Shots

deerclan
July 15th, 2004, 08:21 PM
We took Simon to our cabin here is a pic of Simon in the water and after his swim.I think this is the first time he has swam in a lake :D

DeerClan

deerclan
July 15th, 2004, 08:25 PM
some more shots of Simon

Luba
July 15th, 2004, 09:18 PM
WOW look how big our handsome boy is getting!

Geeze louise how much does he weight now DC? He's such a lovely looking boy.

wAggie
July 15th, 2004, 10:38 PM
deerclan, you have an incredible looking dog. personality to match, based on pix of course :o :D

i'm envious. :p ;)

glasslass
July 16th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Toe Toe Cute! Love that last shot!

chico2
July 16th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Deerclan,he's adorable and one very lucky dog,having ended up in your family :D

Catt31
July 16th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Ohhh man, he is sooooo cute!!!!

A little mini-Brick!!!! I can't get over how similar they are. I know everyone is sick of hearing me say that, but it just blows me away!!! :rolleyes:

TalonsMa
July 16th, 2004, 11:48 AM
he is gorgeous!! :)

Cactus Flower
July 16th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I know no one comes on here and says "Gee, what an ugly critter you have", but I'm not just throwing you a line when I say that is one great looking dog!
I LOVE his rich color and his ears!! Perfect little face, too. I blubbered over the resting-between-feet shot especially....

deerclan
July 16th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments,Simon loves the attention.
Luba...Simon is just over forty pounds give or take a pound,I weighed Simon on our freight scale at work.
Simon's daily intake is
morning
2 cups dry Nutrience with chicken or moose when we take out of the freezer and a vitamin supplement
afternoon
6 cups dry with some mixed vegies
evening
6 cups dry and mabey some leftover bones as a treat

also Simon will eat his treats inbetween meals

DeerClan

glasslass
July 16th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Wow! 14 cups a day??!! :eek: Den-Den doesn't eat that much in a week! Doesn't poop it either! :D :D

wAggie
July 16th, 2004, 10:47 PM
hahaa, ya that does seem like a bit much that I think about it. :o

deerclan
July 17th, 2004, 06:01 PM
yes it does seem a bit much but actually im 2 cups more than what is recommended on the bag,The vet says Simon is ok for this but to watch that i dont over feed him. :D

Luba
July 17th, 2004, 06:53 PM
WOW DC man thats a lot of food!

One hungry Simon you got there!

Have you though about substituting one of them meals or adding some fresh chicken and veggies to it? Even some fish!

I wonder what his adult weight is gonna be 40lbs already, man he's gonna be so HUGE!

deerclan
July 18th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Luba...Simon gets fresh vegies and chicken,I'll also give him fresh moose meat to.I cut all his meat into small bite size cubes. :D
Please note though Luba Simon doesnt always eat all his kibble and will pick through it to get at the good stuff. :D
I tried giving less kibble but he then looks for more to eat.Had him checked for worms twice.
What i might try is on his 2nd and 3rd feeding decrease the kibble by 3 cups and add more of the meats and vegies. :D

DeerClan

Luba
July 18th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Ahh so he knows where to dig for the good stuff, smartie fartie!

Moosemeat I"m sure he'll love that :D If it's very greasy (? never had it) you may want to boil it instead of bake it to rinse the grease off of it.

How's he doing walkin on leash for you?

deerclan
July 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
We wash all our meet both for us and Simon wether it be chicken or beef :D Simon is doing well on his leash but can be a bit of a goof at times,He will walk sometimes with part of the leash in his mouth but no tugging,I have to remind him that is a "no no".Other people walking thier dogs think its halarious.

Simon jumped on the table yesterday chasing the cat again and he did it right in front of the wife :eek: ,She was not impressed LMAO.Simon looked at my wife like he did nothing wrong or its some kind of game tail wagging and his tongue hanging to one side.The wife asked Simon have you heard of the word DOG POUND :D

I will have to cure him of that soon before he gets to big.

DeerClan

wAggie
July 19th, 2004, 05:53 PM
:eek: :eek: take him aside for a father/son moment ;) :D

Catt31
July 19th, 2004, 07:34 PM
LMAO!! :D When Tux is bad, I sometimes threaten to take him to "Henry's", a Chinese food restaurant that got shut down for "supposidly" using cat meat in their meals!!! He just looks at me like I'm the one that's done something wrong!!! :eek: Crazy cat!!!

Luba
July 19th, 2004, 09:08 PM
He was just waiting for her to take his picture :D :D :D