Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Funny behavior

whoopsie
August 24th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Our cats were spayed a week ago come Monday, and we ended up having to get antibiotics for the one (as her stitches came open and then became infected). About two days ago, both started crying until we gave them attention, which seems obvious to me. Cry and get what you want. <--I love it. :) Anyhow, the one who got the antibiotics is much better, and has been so for quite a while, but she actually cries every once in a while when we pet her. She doesn't do it all the time, and the other one does it much more rarely, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with this? We don't pet them hard, and the two romp around like normal, sooooo, that's why I don't think either feel bad. I just thought I would mention the surgery as a "just in case" scenario.

Thanks for any input!

badger
August 24th, 2008, 05:32 AM
My guess is that the visit to the vet disrupted the routine somewhat, then the freshly spayed cat came back smelling - even behaving - a little differently, which would stir things up. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some copycat stuff going on, after all it brings rewards (concern, treats)!!

What can I say? We are their slaves.

Or, more simply, they are just communicating with you more. Animals change, as we do.