Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some of Ma Belle

Frenchy
August 23rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Let me start by saying , I got a call earlier from the rescue. They have a couple interested , they have experience with big dogs as they already own a newf ! I told the rescue to make sure they were the right family , that I could still foster her until the right one comes along.

1. Belle wondering why she can't be outside with us :sad:
2. What ? On my eye lid ? That's drool you silly !
3. Big dogs don't do dog beds :cool: (she never lays on it :shrug:)

I tried to take pictures of her outside but she's too hyper and all the pictures came out really bad :shrug:

Frenchy
August 23rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
1. What a face ! :lovestruck: :cloud9:
2. Belly rub ! :cloud9:
3. Mid head shake , it's to get rid of all the drool :D It's too bad I couldn't capture the drool flying all over :laughing:

Frenchy
August 23rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
I'll try to get outside pictures tomorrow :fingerscr

Chris21711
August 23rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
She is just beautiful Frenchy, she looks so soft and cuddly :cloud9: I would hope that the rescue is really careful with whom they would let adopt Ma Belle, would you have input?

Frenchy
August 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
She is just beautiful Frenchy, she looks so soft and cuddly :cloud9: I would hope that the rescue is really careful with whom they would let adopt Ma Belle, would you have input?

I think so , I told her to take her time , I wouldn't want to place Belle just because it's a bit hard for me right now. I can deal with it. The main thing would be for them to take their time to introduce their dog to Belle. I have read it's better for blind dogs to be place with another dog. I think Belle was just overwhelmed with my 4 dogs all at once , she went through so much change last week end. As for her being blind , I don't see any problem , she has so much potential , everything she did this week was on her own. Imagine if I had time to actually work with her , all the things she could do !!!

Chaser
August 23rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Wow, she is just beautiful! :cloud9: I got the impression from all your other posts that one dog would be a good match for her as well. Four is an awful lot, especially when she's short on her senses. Hopefully they can find a family with a nice gentle boy for her to become buddies with!

rainbow
August 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Awww, beautiful Belle :lovestruck: .....I'd love to give her a tummy rub. :cloud9:

I hope the couple with the newf works out. :fingerscr :goodvibes: As already said, it will be a lot easier for Belle to deal with just one dog than four. And, I hope the rescue can assess them quickly before Belle gets evenmore attached to you. :o

breeze
August 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
she look beautiful Frenchy....

love the mid head shake... good catch..:thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Aww, I LOVE the belly rub picture. She looks like such a sweetie.

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
She's so beautiful, Frenchy! :flirt:

I hope it works out with the interested couple! :fingerscr But in the meanwhile, I'm glad things seem to be a little less stressful now that she's adapted to the solarium and the door is working so well! :grouphug:

14+kitties
August 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
:cloud9: Ma Belle!! What a sweetie! I am glad someone is interested. Let's hope it works out for her sake. :cloud9: It would be so nice for her to have a forever home! You do such a good job with these pups. Just think what it would be like if you won 6/49 and could be with them all the time!!! :D

FancyAppy
August 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM
She is so beautiful. I hope this is the right family for her but thankfully you are kind enough to continue fostering her till the right one does show up.
She really is a gorgeous dog.

growler~GateKeeper
August 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM
awww chin scratches & belly rubs that's what she's asking for :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
before Belle gets evenmore attached to you. :o
And what am I ? Chopped liver ? I get attach too :yell: :cry: :p I played with her outside last night , made her run , of course she was running towards me following my voice , it was too funny ! We had lots of fun :cloud9:

I'm not worry about Belle , she lives for human affection , as long as she gets it , no matter who it's from , she'll be ok. :cloud9:
Just think what it would be like if you won 6/49 and could be with them all the time!!! :D

It's scary to think how many I would keep :eek: :p:cloud9:

wdawson
August 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
:cloud9: ma belle is looking great :thumbs up

Chris21711
August 24th, 2008, 12:30 PM
And what am I ? Chopped liver ? I get attach too :yell: :cry: :p I played with her outside last night , made her run , of course she was running towards me following my voice , it was too funny ! We had lots of fun :cloud9:

Chopped Liver you ask - er Yes :laughing: That's what a Foster Mum is, to feel sad and happy at the same time. Sucks though

I'm not worry about Belle , she lives for human affection , as long as she gets it , no matter who it's from , she'll be ok. :cloud9:

It would be nice if the rescue could let you in on the process, since they don't really know what Ma Belle is like. I think it would be prudent.

You are doing a great job Frenchy :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks Chris , other than having her separated from the others, everything is peachy. I can't believe how easely blind dogs adapt. And one that was living outside to top it off ! I can't believe she would have been put to sleep :wall:

Actually , 2 coworkers ask me why she wasn't just put down , when they found out she was blind. I ask them if blind people killed themselves ? If they have such a miserable life ? No , they don't. And if anything , I think blind dogs manage better than humans thanks to their noses and ears. :shrug:

Frenchy
August 24th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry to go on and on about her :o I just find the whole thing amazing !

Chris21711
August 24th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Sorry to go on and on about her :o I just find the whole thing amazing !

Me personally love hearing about her. Nothing against your co-workers, buuuut :wall::wall:

Frenchy
August 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Me personally love hearing about her. Nothing against your co-workers, buuuut :wall::wall:

I know , some people are very ignorant. They could learn a lot from Belle , she's blind , she knows it (she wasn't born this way) and she doesn't care. She's as happy as a clam ! We could all learn from that. :shrug: So many people freak out at the first signs of troubles/problems in their life and think their life is over because of stupid little things .....

Bearsmom
August 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Awww, there's my squishy-face!

***note to self, go home and upload Molly and Bear's swimming/hiking pics and post them before Frenchy goes crazy on me....***

Frenchy
August 24th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Awww, there's my squishy-face!

***note to self, go home and upload Molly and Bear's swimming/hiking pics and post them before Frenchy goes crazy on me....***

well well , look who's here :D and you better post as much (or more) pictures than I ! You owe us !!

allymack
August 24th, 2008, 07:52 PM
ou, her face is jsut sooo smooshable!:lovestruck::dog:

Brandykins
August 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
What a gorgeous pet - very huggable. Lovely expressive face:)

14+kitties
August 24th, 2008, 09:04 PM
It's scary to think how many I would keep :eek: :p:cloud9:

You and me both my friend, you and me both! I have already warned hubby if we are ever fortunate enough to win there is a rescue being built. And it won't be small!!! :D I will make it big enough for doggies too if you wanna move. ;)

ancientgirl
August 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Oh man, if I won the lottery, I've already got my eye on a house just down the street. It's been empty for a long time and no doubt has issues, but it's got such a nice big yard! Big enough for a nice outdoor kitty play area with enough room area for at least 4 dogs. In Miami you can only legally have 4 dogs, so I'd for sure get 4 pups. And of course add to my kitty family :D

Ford Girl
August 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
You are going to miss her when the right family comes along....she's beautiful!!!

Keep us posted, everyone rooting for her.

chico2
August 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Awww Frenchy,what a beautiful pup she is,hope the right peope come along for her:pray:
I don't know how or under what circumstances she came to you,I only know she's one lucky girl to stay with you:thumbs up
Are you serious,someone really wanted to have her euthanized:sad:

Frenchy
August 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Are you serious,someone really wanted to have her euthanized:sad:

Yep , like many owners who don't want their pets anymore. The rescue had one week left to find her a foster home , after that week , the owners were going to have her euthanize. They were moving and couldn't take her with them :rolleyes: someone pm me about it (a big thanks to diandpat , Belle is still alive because of her !) so I took her in.

onster
August 26th, 2008, 07:26 AM
lol...the droool that must come out of that one!!! hehehe (u know about my thing with drool)

nontheless, she is beautiful and soooooo cute/kind looking that I would definately risk being slobbered over for some cuddles :cloud9:

Frenchy, I dont need to tell u this...seriously u = :angel2:

Love4himies
August 26th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I hope it works out with the potential family :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Good response to your co workers. :wall::mad:

Ma Belle is beautiful :cloud9:

chico2
August 26th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Aww Frenchy,some people have hearts of stone,or mud,or poop....:evil:
Hopefully she will have a better future,with people who really love her,someone just like you:angel2:

JennieV
August 26th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Frenchy, she is a beauty..She seems so calm and happy! I hold :fingerscr that you will find a perfect matching family for her. It would be amazing!
People that dispose of animals just like that are soo :yuck: I can't stand it.
Theres a guy down the street..:wall: what a :loser:! he got rid of his dog of 2 years and got a puppy Boxer (his explanation was - to be a guard dog) :confused: Aren't Boxers normally big sucks?? I mean I have never in my entire life have encountered a guard boxer. GS, Doberman - yes, but not a Boxer...they usually just lick me to death..!

:sorry::offtopic: Back to Belle, she is truly a belle and I hope and pray that things will work out for her.
:pray:

Frenchy
August 26th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Aren't Boxers normally big sucks??

Yes ! :laughing: they usually are ! It was probably only an excuse to get rid of the adults and get a puppy :mad:

Frenchy
August 26th, 2008, 12:21 PM
lol...the droool that must come out of that one!!! hehehe (u know about my thing with drool)

omg the drool ! Nothing like my dogs , it's drooly and very slimy and gets all over your clothes :laughing: (it washes off easy) as soon as she gets outside , (specially when I'm right beside her) she shakes her head and it flies all over :laughing:

I even found some dry slob on my computer screen last night !

Bearsmom
August 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

My dh and ds always laugh at me when I'm heading to work as I high step around the dogs and cat avoiding flyin' drool and fur....I really need to invest in a lint brush.

Molly's highest drool fling was the 8foot ceiling in our bedroom. That's real hard to scrape off a popcorn ceiling!

14+kitties
August 26th, 2008, 06:05 PM
What a wonderful diet enhancer! Try reading this thread while you are eating! :yuck:
:D

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Molly's highest drool fling was the 8foot ceiling in our bedroom. That's real hard to scrape off a popcorn ceiling!

Oh, I hear ya on that one! We have popcorn ceilings, too... I just let the stuff dry and let it hang :D

Frenchy
August 26th, 2008, 09:16 PM

:laughing: you go Molly :laughing:

Oh, I hear ya on that one! We have popcorn ceilings, too... I just let the stuff dry and let it hang :D

Funny how the first 2-3 days I was always going : ewwww :yuck: (I am alway hugging her so I get drool on my back, arms ... well , everywhere :laughing:) but now it's like , ok , got some drool on me :shrug:

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Funny how the first 2-3 days I was always going : ewwww :yuck: (I am alway hugging her so I get drool on my back, arms ... well , everywhere :laughing:) but now it's like , ok , got some drool on me :shrug:

If you've got the drool, you really have no choice but to get used to it quickly! :laughing:

Any more progress on the possible adoptive family? :fingerscr

Frenchy
August 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Any more progress on the possible adoptive family? :fingerscr

No word yet .... I'm not involve with the adoption process like I was with the other rescue , my job now is fostering only. So I just :pray: and wait :o

otter
August 26th, 2008, 10:52 PM
With all the healing powers of drool/spittle you guys (Hazel, Frenchy, Bearsmom) should start up a business bottling the stuff :laughing::laughing:

Ma Belle is beautiful! I'm so happy things have worked out ok with her to stay with you. Frenchy dogs have such great futures :thumbs up

rainbow
August 28th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I hope everything works out for Ma Belle's adoption. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
August 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I hope everything works out for Ma Belle's adoption. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Still haven't heard anything about it .... :goodvibes:

TeriM
August 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Belle is a gorgeous dog :lovestruck: and very luck to have you for her angel :angel:.