Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

inside dog fights

wdawson
August 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/animal-witness/michael-vick/index.html?dcitc=w01-102-ae-0003

Chaser
August 23rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Good site! :thumbs up

Everyone should take the Pitbull Myths Quiz - there's some really neat information on it (like who knew Helen Keller's therapy dog was a Pit?).

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
OMG, did you see the smile on that dogs face! LOL, how cute.

I took that myths quiz. I swear, if I could kick the butt of whoever started this whole pit bull dog fighting thing I'd do it in a heart beat. It's sad to see that they once had such a wonderful reputation.

I wish more people would take the time to learn about them and not believe so much of the media lie machine.

wdawson
August 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Good site! :thumbs up

Everyone should take the Pitbull Myths Quiz - there's some really neat information on it (like who knew Helen Keller's therapy dog was a Pit?).

i scored a 10 :D

kathryn
August 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Anyone watch the show?

It was very sad but it had a happy ending.. well it would have been a happIER ending if Vick got the death penalty :evil:

ancientgirl
August 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Oy, I couldn't find this earlier. Here's what I wrote in another thread about this:

I was able to see the Animal Witness series beginning. It began on Sunday night at 10:00 pm on Animal Planet.

I recorded it and just watched it. It was so hard to watch. They had a lot of graphic film from dog fights and I had to turn my head several times.

It was however I think a very positive show in pleading the case for the true nature of pit bulls and how gentle they are. There were some experts near the end from a group that rescues pit bulls in San Francisco and several others who really did a great job at making a point of saying how Pits score higher in temperament tests than any other dog.

I'm very happy they took the time to also show how many of these seized dogs are doing now. I hope this program helps get the message out to so many people who just don't take the time to really learn the truth about these dogs and only listen to lies.

I'm also looking forward to watching the new season of Dogtown, because they are letting us see some of the dogs! I'm pretty excited about seeing them happily running around in such great surroundings.