Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Holy cow, that came out of my cat?!

ancientgirl
August 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
I think Vlad is a black panther in disguise. He's not a small cat, but for crying out loud, I can't believe something that big came out of my cat. If I didn't live alone I'd think someone was playing a disgusting practical joke on me.:yuck: Oy!

krdahmer
August 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Wha what came out of Vlad???

Chaser
August 22nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
I can make an educated guess, and I'm glad you didn't include a picture!!! :laughing:

BusterKitty
August 23rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
I can make an educated guess, and I'm glad you didn't include a picture!!! :laughing:

I made an educated guess, too :laughing:

rainbow
August 23rd, 2008, 12:50 AM

LOL.....I was thinking the same thing. :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 23rd, 2008, 02:06 AM
:laughing: did he atleast deposit it in the litter box? :fingerscr :laughing:

rainbow
August 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
:laughing: did he atleast deposit it in the litter box? :fingerscr :laughing:

:laugh: :laugh: OMG....I hope so. :laughing:

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
LOL, yes he did deposit in the box. I thought about taking a picture and sending it in to the Guiness World record folks :laughing:

Seriously, I don't see terds that big from some dogs bigger than him!:rolleyes: I'm surprised he was able to even function with something that big inside of him.

Chaser
August 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
ROFL :laughing::laughing::laughing:

krdahmer
August 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
:laugh: maybe we should have a biggest turd contest for next month's photo challenge! :laughing: Anyone stumbling on this site would think we were nuts!! :rolleyes: I know Buddy would certainly be in the running!:yuck:

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
:laugh: maybe we should have a biggest turd contest for next month's photo challenge! :laughing: Anyone stumbling on this site would think we were nuts!! :rolleyes: I know Buddy would certainly be in the running!:yuck:

I think if I see a terd that big come out of Vlad again, I may have to name it and put a collar on it.:laughing:

rainbow
August 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
I think if I see a terd that big come out of Vlad again, I may have to name it and put a collar on it.:laughing:

:eek: Eeeeeeew ....awfully stinky pet. :yuck:

:D

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
At least I wouldn't have to think about what to name it.:laughing:

Soter
August 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
imagine walking a pet like that around town. you'd have no neighbours!

:crazy:

chico2
August 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
AG,I am always stunned at what comes out of Bailey(Cocker)when we walk her,we usually use up 3 poop-bags,often 4 and she is a small dog.:laughing:

How is Czarina doing,maybe I missed an update when I was sick:shrug:

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Luckily I'm the only one privileged to see Vlad's presents.

Chico, thanks for asking, Czarina is doing well. She has her moments. She'll get close to one of the others and do the little nose touch thing then hiss and swat at them. Last week she and Kiska sort of got into it and I decided she might need some alone time, so I picked her up and she turned her head and bit me. Luckily she wasn't able to really clamp down and only left a dent on my hand, no blood. Then Maks got too close to her on the bed so she swatted at him and and instead got me. I've got a really deep scratch on my hand, so I took her to the vet today to have them clip her nails. She gets really irritated when I touch her paws so it's best to let the professionals deal with her.

But she's doing well. I keep her in the kitchen while I'm at work, then let her out until I go to bed. She spends most of the weekend out with the others. If I have to do errands I'll leave her out, since it's only a few short hours I'm gone. I think she's okay. She loves napping on my bed, she's got her favorite chair to sleep on during the day and she lines up for treats with the others.

If it takes a few more months for me to be able to let her spend the day with the others and know nobody will get hurt, then so be it. Or maybe she'll be okay the way things are. At least she's safe, and I know she's happy, at least I think she is.

chico2
August 23rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
AG,glad to hear that and of course she's happy,she has a wonderful home and owner.
Chico swats and hisses a lot too,to both Rocky and Vinnie,but only if they get too close:cat:
The funny thing is,they can all sleep together peacefully,until Chico wakes up,sees how close the others are,he'll hiss a little and walk away..

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
She'll always have a home now.

You know, she is okay eating near them, and she can pretty much sit on the bed near one of the others, but if anybody makes a move it's swat city.

I think though the others know to not get too close to her and she doesn't always swat. Like sometimes Maks will go running past her while he's playing and she'll look at him like he's nuts or something.

I think with a little more time she will learn to be okay around the others. I just have to make sure to take her in to the vet every two weeks or so to get her nails clipped.

14+kitties
August 23rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Czarina is very lucky to have found you. She has settled in very well IMO. What she is doing is normal.
Minimo is doing the same thing in the catuary, but she is happy. She is like the queen bee out there. I watch her sitting on top of her crate watching the others or walking around the catuary. If someone gets too close she swats, hisses and life goes on. If she feels threatened she runs into her crate. She has a carrier in there she cuddles up in for sleeping or she sits on top of it to watch. I have never seen her try to get out. She has formed a friendship of sorts with Tinker. I have yet to see her slap at him. He can go into her crate when she is in there and she just watches him. I think she has a crush on him. :flirt:
Sorry to threadjack. Just wanted to let you know what Czari is doing is normal.

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
14+ no problem. I think it's cute that she leaves Tinker alone. That to me is incredibly sweet and you may be right, she may have a crush on him. :lovestruck:

I can't begin to tell you all how happy I am I tried again. I still hate her guts, but if it weren't for my fear of that stupid crazy old hag doing something to her Czari would still be outside, because I never would have thought I could make it work. But I had to do this. I had no choice and we all made it work. I just wish I'd done this back the first time around. But that's in the past and we're all moving forward.

I think back on the day I found this board and I have to consider that one of the best things to have happened to me. I wanted so badly to do right by Vlad when he was a kitty, and you all helped me through it.

:grouphug: to all of you!

Love4himies
August 25th, 2008, 10:48 AM
:laughing::laughing: Vlad you big boy, you:laughing:

I am glad to hear about Czarina settling in. I think the same as 14+, she has settled in amazingly well. :thumbs up

Cats seem to have their personal space that they don't like invaded. Like humans, each have different "space sizes".

ancientgirl
August 25th, 2008, 11:35 AM
L4H, she had a really good weekend. She was out from morning to bedtime Saturday and Sunday. She likes being upstairs. Either on my bed, or on the comforter in the corner of the closet.

I thought about letting her out and spending the day out of the kitchen this morning. I felt so bad seeing her standing in front of the screen like she was waiting to be let out. But I want to see if she has two good weekends in a row.

They all eat their food in the morning so I know there would not be any fighting over food so that's no worry. And I think once I leave they pretty much settle into their favorite spots. Hopefully next week I may leave her out one day while I'm at work, then see what they're all like when I get home. Then just do it one day in the kitchen and one day out, start slow, until I can just let her be out full time.

She's really settled in well. I'm getting a bigger litter box to set in the kitchen next weekend since the others now use her box when they go in the kitchen. Vlad seems to like sleeping on her little bed too. I think that's good because I've seen Vlad, Maks and Kiska laying on it so she's getting familiar with their scents.

14+kitties
August 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
If they are using her litter box and she doesn't have a problem with that and is still using it herself then I would think she is home for sure! That is great! It shows more than just about anything that she has decided to settle in. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
August 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
If they are using her litter box and she doesn't have a problem with that and is still using it herself then I would think she is home for sure! That is great! It shows more than just about anything that she has decided to settle in. :cloud9:

I had a feeling so too. I've been in the kitchen with all of them at the same time, and she's been in there and watched one of the others in her box and she doesn't do anything to stop them. She's even been really good about burying her "stuff". I don't know if maybe it's her instinct kicking in or maybe she observed the others burying :shrug:

I wanted a bigger box though because as I allow her more freedom, the kitchen will be open to all of them. I haven't seen her go and use the other two boxes, so I'd like to make sure she still feels comfortable using her own box in the kitchen. I can see her using the one in the upstairs bathroom before the one under the stairs because the one in the bathroom is more open. It's under the part of the vanity that's open so they don't feel enclosed as much as the one under the stairs (if you noticed in the picture of Maks and his new bathroom habit, there's a good bit of space for them) since it's in that furniture thing. I'd like to get another screen and put that under the stairs instead, that way I'd block the view of the box and they can use it openly without feeling boxed in.

14+kitties
August 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
What about getting another box the same size and putting it beside hers rather than a big one? That way she still has her "own" and won't get thrown off by a different box. Seeing as it's taking a while for her to get adjusted to life inside you would hate to do anything to mess her up. Just my :2cents:

ancientgirl
August 25th, 2008, 02:43 PM
What about getting another box the same size and putting it beside hers rather than a big one? That way she still has her "own" and won't get thrown off by a different box. Seeing as it's taking a while for her to get adjusted to life inside you would hate to do anything to mess her up. Just my :2cents:

I could do that, I don't think it would stop the others from using hers on top of the new one, but who knows how they think.:shrug:

I have what used to be my microwave cart in there but now I just keep junk on it. I could always just get rid of that and get a short screen, put her box back there then wait a few days and put a new one back there too. It would free up space, allow me to get into the pantry and make things a little less crowded for her too.