Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sunset pics at Oban (Scotland)

Brandykins
August 22nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
I went to Oban with my friend and Loki a few weeks ago (on one of our nice sunny days, don't get many here:)) and took a few sunset pics at Oban.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Brandykins/IMG_0847.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Brandykins/IMG_0866.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Brandykins/IMG_0863.jpg

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Beautiful shots, Brandykins. Especially that last one! I love the sky! :cloud9:

jessi76
August 22nd, 2008, 09:25 AM
i agree! That last one is beautiful! I'd love to see more pics from your area if you feel like posting more.

14+kitties
August 22nd, 2008, 09:30 AM
Beautiful!!!
My ancestory is Scottish. I think my great grandparents. My mom always said she would love to go to see Scotland. Unfortunately she never made it. :sad: It would be a dream for me to see it for her.
Thank you so much for sharing these pics. Please feel free to post many, many more!

Brandykins
August 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Beautiful shots, Brandykins. Especially that last one! I love the sky! :cloud9:

Many thanks - Oban is a lovely wee Scottish Town and faces onto the water.

i agree! That last one is beautiful! I'd love to see more pics from your area if you feel like posting more.

I love sunset pics and that one over the water was really something. I tried to get the boat with the mast in front of the setting sun but didn't quite make it!! I will post up a few more in a wee while. Scotland is lovely - when we get the sun and no midges!! We haven't had a good summer this year though, rained most of the time but the days I went to various places, were good. Many thanks for you kind response:)

Beautiful!!!
My ancestory is Scottish. I think my great grandparents. My mom always said she would love to go to see Scotland. Unfortunately she never made it. :sad: It would be a dream for me to see it for her.
Thank you so much for sharing these pics. Please feel free to post many, many more!

Aw that is good that you have Scottish ancestory. You should try and trace it - I think if you have the birth lines, or know where they came from, you may be able to trace them thru' parish registers, or the Registers of Scotland in Edinburgh may be of help to you.

You should try to make a wee visit to Scotland, it is a lovely place and I will certainly post up more pics of some of the places I have been to. My friend takes much better photos than I do - those were mine and I am glad you all liked them!!

Many thanks again, everyone:)

Take care :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
August 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Great pics Brandykins :thumbs up

I love the second one with the long sun reflection on the water & the clouds in the 3rd & the buildings facing the water in the 1st :D

would love to see more :highfive:

rainbow
August 23rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Beautiful pictures. :cloud9:

My grandma and mom ( :rip: ) were both born in Scotland but came to Canada when mom was two. I've always wanted to go for a visit but unfortunately that isn't going to happen so I would love to see lots of pics of your homeland. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Brandykins
August 23rd, 2008, 04:42 AM
Great pics Brandykins :thumbs up

I love the second one with the long sun reflection on the water & the clouds in the 3rd & the buildings facing the water in the 1st :D

would love to see more :highfive:

Beautiful pictures. :cloud9:

My grandma and mom ( :rip: ) were both born in Scotland but came to Canada when mom was two. I've always wanted to go for a visit but unfortunately that isn't going to happen so I would love to see lots of pics of your homeland. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Many thanks for your lovely responses and, yes, Scotland is lovely!! A lot of Scots emigrated to Canada and the States - some in my own family tree did that but they never forgot Scotland! I will look out some more pics and post them up for you all.

Again, thank you.

Take care.

aslan
August 23rd, 2008, 04:58 AM
both sides of my family are scottish and my mom was born there, has the lovely accent. it's definately on the list for places I MUST go...

hmmm with you posting your pics, onster posting egypt pics, this is like a virtual travel agency without the jetlag.:D

Brandykins
August 23rd, 2008, 06:35 AM
both sides of my family are scottish and my mom was born there, has the lovely accent. it's definately on the list for places I MUST go...

hmmm with you posting your pics, onster posting egypt pics, this is like a virtual travel agency without the jetlag.:D

Aw that is lovely and to keep the Scottish accent especially!! My late Dad's late sister emigrated to Canada and when she visited us, after many many years - she still had her Scottish accent (Glasgow accent in fact). Her son who was born in Toronto, also spoke with a Scottish accent!!

You should try to visit Scotland, it is a beautiful country!!

Take care and many thanks for your response:)