9 year-old female
Short orange hair and a white-tipped tail
Is 13lbs (with a big, cute belly)
Very friendly with people
Very vocal when being fed
Her name is Bandita
Small, grey spot on her neck
Loves catnip and food

Bandita has been an indoor cat for the last 7 years so Iím very worried about her. :( Please contact 613-302-7013 if you have seen her. Thank you!

See pics at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=123788&l=6dae8&id=788700213

badger
August 21st, 2008, 02:52 AM
Even though it has been almost two weeks, you must not despair, but redouble your efforts to get her home. Posters everywhere , fax it to vet offices, go to the pound every day, don't just call. Talk to your neighbours, ask them to look in their sheds and garages, in case she has hidden away somewhere and gotten locked in (this happened to one of my cats). Put an ad in the Citizen and in any neighbourhood papers - if she's friendly, someone may have taken her in.
Put a box on your porch with her blanket (if she has one) or one of your unwashed T-shirts, to help guide her home. Also some dry food and water.
Indoor cats generally don't go far. She could be two blocks away and unable to find her way back.
If you're still awake, grab a flashlight and take a tour of the neighbourhood; just before dawn and after it gets dark are the best times to look. Call and - very important - listen. She may just be waiting to hear a familiar voice.
Good luck :fingerscr

PS Don't forget to post on any available internet message board, especially those specific to Ottawa.

Elui
August 21st, 2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the tips and encouragement. Do you suggest offering a reward?

(I had to repost because I somehow deleted my original post!)

Love4himies
August 21st, 2008, 09:05 AM
I don't have anymore suggestions than what badger has given. The looking in very early mornings with a flashlight is so important. If you are calling her name, you have a better chance to hear her meow if it is quiet outside.

Good luck and keep us informed.

badger
August 21st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Do you suggest offering a reward?

Why not? I wouldn't put the amount, though.
Anything you can think of to increase people's awareness (or encourage them to do the right thing) is good.
Keep putting up those posters, he needs to be the most famous cat in Centretown.