Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How to make neighbor clean up?

lotus
August 20th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I pick up after my dogs each time they go but neighbor might do it once a week. By the middle of the week the smell is so bad you can't open windows or go outside. By the way they are neighbors from :censored::evil: Mind you in the last year I have not been very friendly since finding meat chunks and other food in my yard makes me suspicious:confused: might just be trying to give my dog a treat or poison who knows.(I did say something about it with no response back)

Folkwitch
August 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I kept finding chicken bones, apple cores, and pizza crusts in my yard...or the dogs kept finding them. Turns out the family of crows often fights on the wires running across my yard and they don't pick up what they drop. Do you have crows?

I'm one of those neighbours who picks up poop once a week. I've got one large dog who only poops behind our shed, so way back in the corner of the yard by the back lane, and the other two have wee tiny poops. If it was worse and all over the yard I'd get my ass out there more often, especially as the neighbours have a high deck and often entertain...:yuck:

My advice? Ask them if they'd mind cleaning up after their dog(s) more often. Sometimes the most direct method works.

lotus
August 21st, 2008, 06:27 AM
Nope no crows ,squirrels keep them away. I wouldn't mind if our houses were farther away. Don't get me wrong I myself use to only pick up once a week but after dealing with whip worm Sugar came with my habits had to change. Most time it don't bother me but when the wind blows the just right :eeew: like last night. I'm not the only one that it bothers neighbor on the other side has a border collie and a bull massif, asked if it bothered me. Since we get along and the other one and I don't maybe the two of us can approach them in a nice way.

kiara
August 21st, 2008, 10:01 AM
If you are the only one complaining you will find yourself as a target, seems that you already are!!! Get all the immediate neighbors to complain too. That would be the day that I and my husband would put up with food thrown in our backyard, by an irate neighbor. Get a camera and catch the person who is doing it in the act and have proof on tape. Especially to make sure that you are not accusing the wrong person!! I would not take this lightly, maybe they are trying to poison your dog? We also have nosy neighbors from hell. They have managed to take an older couple to court because they want their hedge to be cut. Of course they lost in court, because there is a "grandfather clause", which means you cannot force the neighbors to cut the hedge. Also they are the street busybodies and have quarreled with everybody. We keep away from them and other neighbors too, since we were reported for feeding birds in our own backyard, (not by them but by another neighbor next door). We will never neighbor again! Do let us know what happeded. If needed, I would call the police and ask what is the best thing to do. But a camera is your best option, their behaviour is threatening.

Longblades
August 21st, 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm not clear on where they are not picking up from. Their own yard? Or on the street, when on walks?

If their own yard, then is it not peculiar the smell is so bad after only one week? Is it a really tiny yard? Or they have many dogs? I say so because we also pick up once or twice a week from our one dog, depending on grass cutting needs and visitors. After one week there is not an odour, but we do have a large yard. Maybe a way to approach the problem with your neighbour is to inquire as to their dog's health then? Wondering if they are sick and that is why the smell is so bad? Just an idea.

lotus
August 21st, 2008, 11:05 AM
It's their yard. The other neighbors are also complaining about the smell. We are just wondering if they are just throwing the droppings over the back fence and that is why the smell is so bad. We are planing the benefits of over all health for their dog to have a cleaner enviroment. First one of the other neighbors are going to see if it's a pile in the feild behind their fence, if so I think we'll just clean it up as to avoid them. These are the type of people that if their dog becomes a hassle it just disappears like the other 2 did, one bit a kid the other who knows what it did they went for a walk one day and never came back with the dog. A group of us went out to the bush but never found the dogs so we have no proof of what happened. This is a beautiful husky well mannered and if we make a fuss who knows what will happen. We are all dog lovers but think they get dogs to make it look like they are so far this one has been there the longest almost a year maybe changed their ways we hope but don't want to chance it. If this one goes for the walk a few of us are going to follow this time.

lotus
August 21st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Ok found the source of the offensive smell HUGE pile on the other side of the fence. They watched as we cleaned it up also threw a good helping of dirt over the area after we cleaned up. Maybe they got the hint we only hope.:pray:

Soter
August 24th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Ugh!!:yuck:

So disgusting. I'd hate to have neighbours like that. The stench must be horrible!! And it is health hazardus. What are they thinking????

The food chucking..... I really would look into that. Some people are real nutters, they could be trying to poisen your dog, or they could be disgsting littlerbugs, but with chunks of meat?? Hard to believe. As for trying to feed your dog?:shrug: Somehow i doubt it.

Keep us updated, and i hope it goes okay.