Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

who here thinks pets go to heaven?

Soter
August 20th, 2008, 11:16 AM
i'm not sure whether our pets will end up in heaven, animals have no souls, but it is true that they have the capacity in their so called dumb brains by some scientists that they can chosoe to do right or wrong

e.g. chimpanzees have been know to kill others in revenge

e.g an elephant called jenna in dublin zoo stole a fruit from another, and then when the other went away to sulk, she came and gave it back, and then started 'apologizing' to the other elephant by stroking it with her trunk:sorry:

so so so cute!!
any input/contradictions??

soter

if i have any more stories, i'll post em':)

Chris21711
August 20th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Why wouldn't they? As far as not having souls which dumbass came up with that theory. I ask you, are you asking this for real or is it a bad joke? :frustrated:

jessi76
August 20th, 2008, 12:18 PM
i'm not sure whether our pets will end up in heaven, animals have no souls, but it is true that they have the capacity in their so called dumb brains by some scientists that they can chosoe to do right or wrong

personally, I believe animals DO have souls. as for believing in a "heaven", well, that's a whole 'nother matter.

ancientgirl
August 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
A catholic friend of mine told me once that part of their teaching, or something like that, states that animals don't have souls. But, she doesn't believe it, and frankly neither to I.

I wholeheartedly believe animals have souls. I believe animals, ALL ANIMALS, to be pure. Even those that kill for food.

If I didn't believe I'd see my babies in the afterlife, I'd be seriously depressed.

babymomma
August 20th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I agree completey with jessi !Who are you to say that aniamls to not have souls??? my dog has a soul, and i am a little offended that you would say that they dont! what makes ya think people go to heaven? I personally dont beleive in it.

NoahGrey
August 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Soter,

I have to agree with everyone's post on here. Animals do have souls and are very intelligant..when you think about it our human race is a disgrace and we are the specie that is supposed to be the most intelligants and most compassionate..but yet we turn around and treat animals like objects and abuse them in every form.

I believe animals go to heaven, where they are waiting for us till it is our time..heck I'll go as far as to say that I believe that animals that were dumped, left to die and abused and lived a lonely exitance before they passed, now know what a loving hand and kind word is in heaven.

ACO22

mollywog
August 20th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I KNOW animals have souls. How can you look into their eyes and say that they don't!?
as for this "place" called heaven, that is a whole other can of worms that I don't think is worth getting into on this board!
Faith is too personal to argue over on a message board.

Ford Girl
August 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I believe they have souls for sure, they display empathy, grief, excitment, sorrow, understanding, intelligence, frustration, anger, aggression, maternal insticts, sense of humor, no living creatire could display these things and just be a body with no soul.

And I believe in after life, might not call it heaven...but if any creature could make it to the place where good souls go - its animals. :angel: Its us human that have to worry about that. :frustrated:

My dog chooses between right and wrong all the time, I can see it in her eyes...she's usually up to no good tho....:evil: :rolleyes: :laughing: :lovestruck:

luckypenny
August 20th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I believe Soter is questioning her own statement?

any input/contradictions??

...and is not intentionally trying to insult other members' beliefs :shrug:.

It's pretty simple for me:
There is every reason to presume that...animals may share [man's] immortality hereafter as they share his mortality at present. Reverend J. G. Wood, Man and Beast, Here and Hereafter, 1893.

Luvmypitgirls
August 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Humans are mammals, therefore we are animals too, so if animals are souless then we are too so I guess we don't have to worry about going to heaven if animals have no souls. We'll all become compost of some sort according to the animals have no souls theory.

Now my opinion is animals do have souls, and I also believe that God loves all his creations therefore there is a place for animals in heaven.

Nobody could ever ever convince me that animals have no souls, humans are considered the most advanced mammals on the planet, but are we really?
You will never see a dog pick up a gun and kill an innocent person, or behead a person on a bus, therefore in my opinion, the rest of the spiecies on this planet have much purer souls than humans.

Ok can ya tell I haven't had much sleep lately:sad:

want4rain
August 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM
i believe in reincarnation. we start out as people. when we reach that pure state of being we come back as various animals. :laughing:

seriously though, 'animals' are no more or less soulful than we are. they are just better at being than we are. i think thats a '1 UP' for the 'animals'!!!

-ash

kigndano
August 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
theres a quote in the matrix i found chillingly true...

*probably misquoted, but this is the gist*

"humans are like a virus, they are the only species on the planet that does not find a balance with nature. they instead destroy it, and leech off of it until nothing remains"

its sad, and its true at the same time.

everything else has found a balance with nature, except for us.

ashtoreth
August 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Where did you hear animals have no souls? the bible? your priest said that?

It's not because a book says it is, that its the truth. I try to keep an open mind to everything, but being told as a fact that animals have no souls just doesn't work well with me.

Everyone has the right to their beliefs, some people believe everything has a soul, other that souls doesn't exists. It's unfortunately something that can't be "proved" by science, it can exists, it can also not exist.

If your priest tells you that the earth is flat and you believe him, it's your right, but maybe you should reconsider posting your "facts" online next time. it can open up a can of worms you might not be able to deal with.

aslan
August 20th, 2008, 08:18 PM
all i have to say is if animals have no soul and humans do, i would much rather be an animal.

lotus
August 20th, 2008, 08:34 PM
All gods creatures go home as in heaven as for having no soul I will disagree look into their eyes they have a soul.:angel: Better yet look into a rescued animals eyes. I know my Lady and Lotus are waiting for me there.

Byrd
August 20th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Like Want4Rain I also believe in reincarnation, all creatures have souls and I don't happen to believe in heaven or hell. We die and go to the Summerland where we remember our past life, learn from it, forget, and are reborn into another body.

My ex is Catholic and they have this belief that only humans (the all powerful *insert sarcasm*) are the only creatures with souls pounded into their heads!

Humans are a plague on the earth, Mother Nature will do her best to remedy this... power to her! Yup, I'm a human, but I do believe we need to be thinned out.... we're up to over six billion in a world that should only sustain a human population of two million!!!

14+kitties
August 20th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Two things you never start a conversation about unless you want to start an arguement - politics and religion. I am staying out of this one!

Byrd
August 20th, 2008, 11:04 PM
LOL I was going to say that too.... politics, religion, and sex are the faux pas never to talk about to strangers. HAHA

happycats
August 20th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Like the saying goes, " If animals don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they go " ;)

babymomma
August 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM
Question answered Soter?

doggy lover
August 21st, 2008, 10:46 AM
I feel the same way happycats, sign me up to go with them:angel:

Soter
August 21st, 2008, 11:40 AM
I believe Soter is questioning her own statement?

...and is not intentionally trying to insult other members' beliefs :shrug:.

It's pretty simple for me:
Reverend J. G. Wood, Man and Beast, Here and Hereafter, 1893.

Thanks luckypenny:):):):):)

i wasn't exactly saying animals DO NOT got to heaven and DO NOT have souls, i was bringing up the question, and i meant souls as in they either do or do not go to heaven, (anything in heaven has to have a soul,) but of course every animal has a soul!!!!!:eek: who wouldn't think that

i was just wondering what other peoples opions are on their animals having souls that are heaven going souls:rolleyes: or just souls

i think every animal has a soul certainly!!

ppl seem preetty offended. i will be clearer next time. :sorry:

i do think animals have souls.
i was wondering do other people think animals have souls
what i meant by 'animals have no souls' (my first post) was that i was still unsure whether animals go to heaven, and whether animals have heaven going souls or just souls

sorry

soter

mollywog
August 21st, 2008, 11:59 AM
ok now you have me totally confused. What is the difference between "souls" and "souls that go to heaven"????

Soter
August 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
:frustrated:

i believe in heaven and hell, and every living thing (besides plants) has a soul, and i believe humans go to heaven or hell (that is God's jusdgement)
but do animals. that was my question

Melinda
August 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
where else would my Daisy be? :cry:*S* of course they go to heaven, I know because my father always said there was a special place in heaven for me, "cleaning up behind all the animals", *L* ok, I'm 50 yrs old and still believe what my late dad told me..........:angel:

happycats
August 21st, 2008, 01:21 PM

i believe in heaven and hell, and every living thing (besides plants) has a soul, and i believe humans go to heaven or hell (that is God's jusdgement)
but do animals. that was my question

No plants in heaven!!:eek:

I always pictured beautiful gardens and fruit trees, and lush green grass and flowers everywhere.......and I love gardening!!...hmmmmm I guess I'm going to have to find a new hobby if I make it to heaven!:sad: :)

Soter
August 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
No plants in heaven!!:eek:

I always pictured beautiful gardens and fruit trees, and lush green grass and flowers everywhere.......and I love gardening!!...hmmmmm I guess I'm going to have to find a new hobby if I make it to heaven!:sad: :)

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing:

:)

i think there will be every type of plant that God created in Heaven!:D:D

Soter
August 21st, 2008, 01:49 PM
ppl seem preetty offended. i will be clearer next time. :sorry:

:o

really sorry if it was 'offending'

:sorry:

:o

good thing i posted it on the 'pet chat, opinions feelings and rants

its just my opinion thats all

:sorry::o

babymomma
August 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Yep its a good thing, You expressed yours than WE expressed ours. I still dont understand how you could come to an animal loving forum and say that animals have no souls (even if you didnt mean it , which i still dont understand how a soul is different from a soul that goes to heaven?)

Soter
August 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
ok ok i get the picture!:frustrated:

Shaykeija
August 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM
do animals have a soul? My belief yes. Is there a heaven or hell? Not sure but I hope I will see all my lost pets after I die.

Luvmypitgirls
August 26th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Soter,
I am not offended by your question, I hope my first reply didn't translate that I was offended.
I was just sharing my opinion to what I thought was an interesting question:)

Soter
August 26th, 2008, 02:15 PM
thanks so much. it sounded like everyone really hated it. ur very nice:goodvibes:

Soter

phoozles
October 23rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
I came across this and it made me giggle:

http://henleythegreatdane.blogspot.com/2008/10/from-bitsandpieces.html

ancientgirl
October 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
LOL, that's funny.

babymomma
October 23rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Funny, and VERY sweet .. The dane is gorgous! lol..

aslan
October 23rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
soter i too am not offended. If you seriously sit down and think about it,each religions bibles were written by man, it's man who says we are the special ones, etc etc. For all we know the whole thing(sure i'm gonna get bashed) is bull crap. think about it god is dog spelled backwards, god could be a great big fluffly newfie . We may be the only species that has to pass a test to get into heaven if we get to go at all.

babymomma
October 23rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Woo Gods a Newfie! I hope he lets me in! :)

Masha
October 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Too funny... thanks for posting!