Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Quick Reply?

jessi76
August 20th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I'd like to suggest having a Quick Reply area at the bottom of threads. This is an area to do just that, post a quick reply, no smilies, just a basic quick reply. See attached image as an example.

babymomma
August 20th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I think thats a great Idea. I know that in the yorkie forum i am on has this and for messages like i am writing now, its alot easier than having to click into the reply thing and go to a new page! :thumbs up

marko
August 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Sounds like an ok idea to me!

I'll get a chance to investigate this tomorrow.

Thx
Marko

Soter
August 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
you should have 2 options definatly

:thumbs up

marko
August 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ok everyone, this was a quick fix. The quick reply is now enabled and we'll test if for a few days.

So...effective immediately you can either continue to go to the last post on a page and click the post reply icon http://www.pets.ca/forum/images/buttons/reply.gif

OR click the quick reply icon http://www.pets.ca/forum/images/buttons/quickreply.gif at the bottom right of every single post and reply that way.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Marko

Chaser
August 20th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Talk about speedy...:D

jessi76
August 20th, 2008, 11:34 AM
oooh very fast! Thank you!

marko
August 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM
No problem!

BTW - you can STILL use smilies with quick reply by clicking the Go Advanced button to the right of the actual Post Quick Reply submit button.

Thx
M

jessi76
August 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM
ok, this is "nit picky" ... is there a way to make the quick reply live all the time? So you don't have to click the icon on the lower right of the post? The reason I ask is it's not obvious that that button is for quick reply. Another forum I sometimes visit has this feature, and it's always live. you just need to start typing in the quick reply box, you don't have to "activate" it first.

like i said... "nit picky". :rolleyes:

marko
August 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I just took a look and although it is possible, it can cause problems with the order of the posts when people look at them in different ways....soooo
for now I'd like to leave it as is....

I'll make a 2 day announcement though...so many regulars will see it and know about it. Hope that's OK :)

Thx
Marko

badger
August 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Love it. Should be a boon for the dial-up crowd as well. Thanks Marko!

jessi76
August 20th, 2008, 02:22 PM
yeah it REALLY helps not to load a new page for a reply. I love it already!

SolaMio
August 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I just wanted to try it hehe

Ford Girl
August 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Me too, I like it, thanks Marko!!!!

allymack
August 21st, 2008, 09:38 PM
ou, i was wondering about this, but i get it now..i think, just another way to reply i am gathering?

marko
August 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
It's not JUST another way to reply, it's the Quick way :p

Glad everyone is liking it!

rainbow
August 22nd, 2008, 02:02 PM
I keep forgetting it's there to use. :rolleyes: :o

breeze
August 22nd, 2008, 02:02 PM
I keep forgetting it's there to use. :rolleyes: :o

me too rainbow...