Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some of my trip...

krdahmer
August 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I'll skip the wedding ones... and go to the fun parts of the trip...

Here are some of the wildlife I encountered while on the island...

krdahmer
August 19th, 2008, 08:59 PM
And a few plane views...

See Onster I saw the sphynx too.... :laughing:

The moon on the water was so cool!

jessi76
August 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM
LOL... it could be my eyes... but is the deer sticking it's tongue out at you?!

krdahmer
August 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
And the beautiful gardens where they had their wedding photos taken...

and that last one can any of you coastal folks tell me what the heck that is?? It looks like seaweed growing crab claws!!

krdahmer
August 19th, 2008, 09:03 PM
LOL... it could be my eyes... but is the deer sticking it's tongue out at you?!

No it was indeed sticking it's tongue out at us.... they are surprisingly domestic out there.... :laughing: On the way to the reception we actually saw a couple just walking down the sidewalk like a human couple out for a walk.... it was so cute!

14+kitties
August 19th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Beautiful pictures!!! I love the animals. I will be very interested to find out what that one pic is too. Strange.
The gardens were gorgeous! I am surprised thought that they haven't removed the pods from the castor bean plants. Especially if that is a public garden. Those plants are deadly to people and pets.

growler~GateKeeper
August 20th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Love the cloud pics very very :cool: :thumbs up

Brandykins
August 20th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Love the 2nd pic and the moon. All the pics are really lovely. The sky one is brilliant!

Great captures!

Scuba
August 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM
In that last picture there is actually two types of seaweed the dark green nodular thing, which is known as Rockweed. People also call it popweed, the nodes are filled with a gas and some pretty thick liquid. They can been popped like bubble wrap, hence the name popweed I guess. They are found on rocky intertidal areas.

The lighter green colour stuff that is really pale is something call Sea Lettuce. You can actually eat the stuff raw. Just pick loads and make a salad. There is quite a few types though and some are tastier than others. Also wash them first depending on locale.

ancientgirl
August 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
What great pictures. Where exactly did you stay?

krdahmer
August 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM
We were in Victoria, BC and we stayed really close to downtown at the Sandman... very nice hotel, plus we had a jacuzzi suite! We splurged for the 3 nights in Victoria, in Seattle we stayed in the crappiest Ramada I've ever seen.

I thought the tree was a nice touch here....oh and we even ordered room service once... the first time I've ever done that.

Brandykins
August 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Aw that hotel room looks so terrific! A Jacuzzi as well!! I found the hotels in the States, when was there for a holiday - fabulous!! The sizes of the beds!!

Bet you had a fab time!!

I also loved the flower pics - for got to say that before:)

Take care.:thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Oh wow, I'd love a jacuzzi in my bedroom LOL.

onster
August 26th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Super cool pics krdhamer!!! and indeed u did see the sphinx :crazy::D hehehe

btw I can relate to the deer sticking its tongue out at u :laughing: This was in mexico...

I love the flowers too! Sounds like u had a great time, u deserved it :grouphug::goodvibes: