Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Tonkinese kittens

kanis
August 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Here are some photos of my two Tonkinese kittens Ukko, a champagne mink, and Zeus, a champagne point. They're 13-15 weeks in these photos. Zeus is in the first photo.

danaekitty
August 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Awwwwwwww!!!!!
:flirt:

mollywog
August 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM
wow! they are stunning! I have never heard of the breed before... are they similar to Siamese?

growler~GateKeeper
August 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM
kanis awwwww so cute :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Ukko & Zeus look like best buddies :cloud9: congrats on your new babies & thank you for adopting 2 they will never get lonely now :D

mollywog the Tonkinese (http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/tonkinese.html) are thought to have started as a cross between a Siamese & a Burmese

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I love Tonkinese! They are absolutely adorable!!!!!! AAAHHH!!!!! CUTE!!!!!!!

:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::l ovestruck:

14+kitties
August 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM
A DOR A BLE!!!! :cloud9:

kanis
August 17th, 2008, 08:49 PM
kanis awwwww so cute :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Ukko & Zeus look like best buddies :cloud9: congrats on your new babies & thank you for adopting 2 they will never get lonely now :D

Originally, we were only going to adopt one but after reading up on the breed, it became apparent that Tonks definitely need companions. These two are litter mates - brothers. They are delightful, intelligent and affectionate kitties. We're so happy we chose to get Tonks.

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Originally, we were only going to adopt one but after reading up on the breed, it became apparent that Tonks definitely need companions. These two are litter mates - brothers. They are delightful, intelligent and affectionate kitties. We're so happy we chose to get Tonks.

What a wonderful thing for you to not separate these two!

allymack
August 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
they are adorable!! its great that you kept them together!:cat::cat:

rainbow
August 18th, 2008, 03:28 AM
OMG....I'm in love. :flirt: They are absolutely gorgeous. :cloud9:

What is the difference between a champagne mink and a champagne point? :confused:

Brandykins
August 18th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Wow!! Never seen cats like that before - they are stunning, absolutely stunning. Oh love them!! They must be well admired. Beautiful and lovely photos.

:thumbs up:thumbs up

kanis
August 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
What is the difference between a champagne mink and a champagne point? :confused:

Ukko, the champagne mink, is darker in the body. Right now, he's a little like a latte. While Zeus, the champagne point, has his dark points mainly on his face, eyes, paws and tail. His body is a buff or butter cream colour.

In the picture below, taken from the Tonkinese Breed Association, you can see the difference between a champagne solid, mink and point. As they get older, the darkness spreads across the body, most notable in the mink. Both of their faces have gotten a lot darker since we brought them home.

http://www.tonkinesebreedassociation.org/images/CPatterns.jpg

If you're interested, check out this website. It shows the progression in colour of a champagne mink as he gets older. My little Ukko is going to get a lot darker as he ages.
Tonk Colours (http://www.tonkinesebreedassociation.org/TonkineseColors.html)

kanis
August 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM
This one was taken the week we got them. You can kind of see the difference in colouring here. Zeus is on the left with Ukko on the right.

ancientgirl
August 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Oh my goodness they really are adorable. That site was interesting. I've always found Siamese so beautiful. I was almost given a Snowshoe Siamese to foster, but he found a home.

Your little guys are going to be very handsome cats.

cpietra16
August 18th, 2008, 02:35 PM
They are soo beautiful.....I like the first set of pics. The last of the three, they are sitting so pretty.....:cloud9:
What is the difference between the siamese and tonkinese

cpietra16
August 18th, 2008, 02:35 PM
never mind I just reread the post

phoozles
August 18th, 2008, 03:29 PM
So adorable :lovestruck:

kanis
September 7th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Here are a few new pictures of my little guys.

The first one is Ukko stretched out in my lap. And the second is Zeus's little foot.

ancientgirl
September 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Awww, kitty paws! Ukko is a little doll.

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Dawg! They're beautiful kitties, kanis! :flirt: I've never seen Tonkinese cats before. I'm glad I was finally able to coax the pictures through my modem. :D

onster
September 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
WOW.

theyre soooo gorgeous! I love their eyes and colouring. Is there a big difference in tempermant between them and the siamese? Are they as vocal?

sugarcatmom
September 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Eeek! Pink puddy-tat paws! :lovestruck::cloud9::flirt:

TeriM
September 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM
OMG, your kitties are stunning :lovestruck:.

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Love the macro paw shot so cute :cloud9:

kanis
September 7th, 2008, 11:44 PM
WOW.

theyre soooo gorgeous! I love their eyes and colouring. Is there a big difference in tempermant between them and the siamese? Are they as vocal?

Thanks everyone!

From what I understand, they're not as high strung as a Siamese. They are vocal but their voices aren't as loud. Zeus loves to shoulder ride and fetch. Ukko is more of an observer. They're both HUGE love pigs. They love hugs, kisses and cuddles. Just a really friendly breed. My husband said to me the other day that he's always wanted a cat like the ones we see on commercials - the ones that give head bumps and flop for a belly rub. Well now we do. :)

Wendy.H.
September 8th, 2008, 12:06 AM
They are both so beautiful. I love their little brown noses! I had a siamese when I was a kid that loved to play fetch. Lovely pics.

mollywog
September 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
awww :lovestruck: SO SO cute. I love that they are big cuddlebugs. what more could you ask for really!? :cloud9:

dogcatharmony
September 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
OMG.....they are just beautiful!!!:lovestruck:

kanis
September 28th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Some more pics of my boys.

Diamondsmum
September 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
awwwwwe WOW!

Just beautiful! & still cuddling awwwe

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Kanis, your little guys are so cute!

mollywog
September 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Kanis, they are absolutely adorable. So nice to see that they are the best of friends!!! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

onster
September 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
September 28th, 2008, 08:19 PM
:lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Spatx
September 28th, 2008, 08:22 PM
They are just absolutely stunning. :cloud9::lovestruck::cat:

kanis
September 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
awwwwwe WOW!

Just beautiful! & still cuddling awwwe

They just love to cuddle. If they're not cuddling with each other, they're looking for a warm lap.

kanis
December 30th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Here are some updated photos of my boys. They're getting so big now. :(

1. The first one is of the two of them cuddling by the fire. They hated that bed until we got "Fluff". Fluff is a very coarse, wool type blanket. They love it. The other blanket of Fluff was torn apart. Luckily they've just slept on this one.
2. Ukko admiring the snow.
3. Zeus picking a fight with Ukko.

growler~GateKeeper
December 31st, 2008, 12:05 AM
Awwww lookit those boys :cloud9: all grown up! :lovestruck::lovestruck:

:laughing: Love the pick a fight pic too funny :D

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2008, 09:43 AM
They grow so fast! I love the picture of the two of them on the Fluff.:cloud9:

angeldogs
December 31st, 2008, 10:08 AM
Oh my what gorgeous kitties.i love their eyes and the picking a fight pic made me chuckle.

kanis
August 8th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I haven't posted an updated photo of my boys in a while. :)

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2010, 10:24 PM
:flirt:

Oh, my! What a lovely pair! And still cuddling! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
August 9th, 2010, 08:39 AM
:lovestruck:Oh wow, what handsome boys!

Dog Dancer
August 9th, 2010, 01:35 PM
They are gorgeous and clearly inseparable! :cloud9:

kanis
August 9th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Here are a couple more. After a week of kitty chaos (redirected aggression - not pretty), seeing this brought tears to my eyes. I so happy they're cuddling again.

chico2
August 9th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Aww Kanis,they are so beautiful and I can understand how you were touched seeing them back together again:cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
August 10th, 2010, 06:45 AM
They are so beautiful! I love tonkinese cats too...so pretty!