Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello all. A newbie from BC

kanis
August 16th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hi there. I'm new to Pets.ca but not to pet ownership. Three months ago, my husband and I had to put our beloved cat Ares to sleep. He was diagnosed with lymphoma and had 3 tumours in his chest cavity and possibly another in his liver. Deciding to put him down was one of the most difficult and traumatic moments in my life. I loved my little guy immensely and still mourn the loss. He was a part of our lives for over 15 years.

Though it was devastating to lose him, my husband and I decided we wanted to adopt again. At the end of July we brought home two Tonkinese kittens, Ukko and Zeus. They've been a delight and have really helped us through the grieving process. I love them so much and want to make sure that I do everything possible to keep them happy and healthy.

14+kitties
August 16th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hi kanis and welcome!
I am so sorry for your loss. It is a tough decision to make and one I am sure you didn't make lightly. :rip: sweet Ares :candle:
Thanks for adopting two kittens this time around. They will keep each other company and provide hours of delight for you.
We have a great food forum and a few terrific food gurus here who will give you great advice on cat nutrition.

hazelrunpack
August 16th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Welcome, kanis. I'm so sorry for your loss of Ares. :grouphug:

But how exciting, to be welcoming two new kittens into your heart! Welcome to Ukko and Zeus, as well! :cat: :cat:

allymack
August 17th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome to Pets.ca!

i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Ares!:rip:

Its great to hear that you decided to adopt! we are looking forward to lots of pictures :D

Sylvie
August 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yup, I agree with Ally, now all we need is pictures, pictures, pictures:laughing:

Thank you for adopting 2 kittens, enjoy both pets.ca and your kittens. If you have any questions we have wonderful cat people here. :D You put them all together and they will be come up with solutions to most problems.

Soter
August 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM
hi, soter here

same with all, really sorry for the loss. though you miss ur old kitty, two new cute baby kitties will help fill the gap soon enough, i guess. they are so cute, so energetic and so naughty, well, mine were anyway

by the way, you said you were from BC, where/whats that???

(when i say mine were, i mean that years and years ago, a stray cat came to live in our garden. we adopted her, she adopted us. then she went missing for about five months, and she came back with four of the 'quote... cutest, most energetic and naughtiest' and tiniest, kittens ever. but then we had to give her away cos we were going away

soter

kanis
August 17th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I've lurked on this site quite often but decided to finally become a member. I've found it incredibly helpful when it comes to choosing food for my kittens and considering vaccinations. I look forward to getting to know fellow animal lovers. :)

Soter -> BC = British Columbia,Canada. I live in a suburb of Vancouver.

growler~GateKeeper
August 17th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Welcome to pets.ca kanis :D

Your Tonks are adorable :lovestruck:

Mat&Murph
August 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Hi and welcome!!! I am new here to and I already find it soooo helpful and there is always really wonderful people on here. Very sorry for your loss but Congrats on the 2 new kids.:pawprint:

Dorothea
August 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I too am sorry for your loss, but I know from my past experience how qickly you can fall in love with another one that helps you over this. Although they are never the same , once you come to know their personality,you love them and a new bond takes over.
Wishing you all the best!
Dorothea and Lisa