Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animal Rights vigil held after killing of 80 dogs

kathryn
August 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6331539

KUTZTOWN, Pa. - August 15, 2008 - (WPVI) -- More than a hundred animal advocates walked along Kutztown Road in Kutztown, Berks County Friday nigh, in support of animal rights.

They held a candlelight vigil outside two kennels, where earlier this week, the owners killed 80 dogs.

The men killed the canines after a vet ordered them to seek veterinary care for some of the animals. Instead, they shot the dogs.

Authorities say what the owners did was legal.

It was a puppy mill thing and they got busted and cited but the animals were not removed apparently, so instead of actually taking care of them they shot all the dogs.

And it's legal.

The gov. is really angry about this and is mad that a bill introduced in may was not passed yet that would make the killing of pet animals illegal unless euthanized by a vet. He went to a dog park to talk about it and told legislators that they better pass that bill when they get back.

14+kitties
August 16th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Sick! :rip: poor babies :candle:

Archaeopteryx
August 17th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I encourage anyone interested in animal rights to watch the "Butterball House of Horrors" video/investigation. There's another video at meat.org called "Meet your meat" which talks about the hideous abuses of modern-day factory-farmed animals.

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I don't know what is more horrifying, that those poor dogs were killed needlessly or that the owners will not be held responsible.

That's beyond disgusting. Those people are monsters.

I just thought of something. Why was this considered legal and when people get sited for not properly caring for their animals, starving them not getting them medical care it's illegal and animal abuse? This is animal abuse. I don't get it. Or is it okay to abuse your pets in PA?

Soter
August 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Why would someone be so insainley cruel as to do that??!!!! These people are crazy!!:eek:
If they don't want to take care of the dogs, just dont have them in the first place, and get a real job as ways of making money, not of puppy farm/mill and shooting poor sweet innocent doggies. :yell:

:sad:soter:sad:

kathryn
August 17th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I don't know what is more horrifying, that those poor dogs were killed needlessly or that the owners will not be held responsible.

That's beyond disgusting. Those people are monsters.

I just thought of something. Why was this considered legal and when people get sited for not properly caring for their animals, starving them not getting them medical care it's illegal and animal abuse? This is animal abuse. I don't get it. Or is it okay to abuse your pets in PA?

I believe it's because they "euthanized" the animals, and euthanizing animals is not illegal.

Although I believe euthanasia is intended to yaknow, be painless and like, delivered as a last resort to end pain and suffering and isn't supposed to be done for the heck of it.

Mat&Murph
August 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM
What sick people. There needs to be more laws out there to prevents idiots like that from ever owning a pet. if you can't take care of your animals then don't get them

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I believe it's because they "euthanized" the animals, and euthanizing animals is not illegal.

Although I believe euthanasia is intended to yaknow, be painless and like, delivered as a last resort to end pain and suffering and isn't supposed to be done for the heck of it.

I consider euthanizing something done humanely, as you said. At the vet, with medicine, not shooting the animal.

I can't believe these guys are going to get away with this. I hope they have miserable lives and are run out of that town.

kathryn
August 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I consider euthanizing something done humanely, as you said. At the vet, with medicine, not shooting the animal.

I can't believe these guys are going to get away with this. I hope they have miserable lives and are run out of that town.

Psht, I hope they end up in Philadelphia one day and get shot. Rather them then all the innocent people it happens to daily.
:wall: why is this world so messed up?