Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A slight set back

ancientgirl
August 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM
For a couple of days now Czarina has been swatting and lunging at Kiska. Today I'd let her be out since this morning. Just a little while ago Kiska was just walking by her and she swatted and lunged at her again.

I figured it was time to let her have some kitchen time so I put her in there. Well, I had to pick her up and she took that time to bite me. Thankfully because of how I was holding her she wasn't able to bite down hard. I do though have a slight little puncture and a big welt on my hand. But she didn't draw blood so I'm not too worried about it. I put her in and she came to me and I pet her so I figure she's not too pissed off at me. :rolleyes:

I'm going to leave her in the kitchen for the rest of the weekend and probably the rest of the week. I've been letting her out in the evenings but It seems to be a bit much for her still.

One step forward two steps back. :shrug:

Love4himies
August 18th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I find Sweet Pea has her moods too, and have finally figured that it is when she is hungry. I don't know if that is the case with Czarina, but if she is hungry, she may want to keep cats away to protect food (territory)?

ancientgirl
August 18th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I don't think it was a food thing. They'd just eaten a couple of hours before and there was no food in their dishes.

Kiska was just walking past her, but thinking back on it, Tiny Miss has her own little temper. I think she swatted first.

I've decided instead of having her out all day on the weekends, to just do it for a few hours at a time. It could be that after a few hours she just needs her space and alone time. This is probably the best "next stage" of the process for her. As long as I can let her out for a few hours at a time and she can have freedom to roam then has her alone time, I think she'll be more comfortable. Maybe a few months down the line she can be outside full time, but part time works for now.

She has however stopped sleeping in the pyramid. I put in the bed Vlad used to sleep in, before he decided squeezing into that little round thing was a good idea. This bed is nice and comfy and roomy, she can stretch out. She seems to like it because she's been sleeping there and when put her in there for her alone time she is sitting in it chilling out. It's nice to see her enjoying nice comfy things.:cloud9:

phoozles
August 18th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Sounds like you have a good plan - smaller amounts of interaction so no one gets overly stressed or overwhelmed. :thumbs up

I wish my kitties liked cat beds!

ancientgirl
August 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah, luckily she loves treats so it's easy enough to lure her back into the kitchen. I think she'll be fine. I wish I had more room for her but she gets time out in the rest of the apartment and then time in the kitchen.

So far Czari loves her bed. The others they sleep in other places and sometimes their beds LOL.

14+kitties
August 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I don't think it's a set back. Just a minor irritation to us. To the cats they probably figure that's what they are supposed to do. And Kiska started it! :eek: Did she get time out? :D

ancientgirl
August 19th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Yeah, true. Thank goodness she wasn't able to get a good hold on me and bit down harder.

Kiska, well what can I say. Tiny Miss is a little firecracker. I guess she has to be seeing as she's the smallest. She feels she needs to constantly defend herself from the bigger ones.:D