Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New foster "Ma Belle"

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Just got my new foster , here is her story : http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11674788

so far she got a bath and has been adorable , other than a small argument with Sam :shrug: still hasn't come inside , she always been an outside dog and slept in a barn with other dogs at night. And yes , she is blind. But is doing pretty good ! The third picture , she was asking for belly rub :cloud9: while laying on my feet :laughing: ouch !

allymack
August 16th, 2008, 02:35 PM
oh my dog she is ADORABLE!!!

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
some more ... it's hard to take a picture because when she knows I'm near , she just wants to cuddle and lean on me. :lovestruck:

allymack
August 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
she must be a load to cuddle:cloud9::lovestruck:

pitgrrl
August 16th, 2008, 02:38 PM
:cloud9: She looks like a good snuggle partner.

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
she must be a load to cuddle:cloud9::lovestruck:

:cloud9: She looks like a good snuggle partner.

Yes , so much that she wouldn't be good with senior people , she likes to lean and stop you from walking to get pet :laughing:

poodletalk
August 16th, 2008, 02:40 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! sooooooooooo cute!

Sylvie
August 16th, 2008, 02:43 PM
My goodness she is beautiful. :lovestruck:

She looks like a happy girl, hope she settles in nicely. :cloud9:

You are all :angel:

badger
August 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
How much persuasion did that take? not much, I'm thinking :laughing: She's gorgeous, but what a sad story. Makes me mad when people 'threaten' to euthanize. And she's only 3!
Bravo, Frenchy, as usual you are there for the desperate ones :fingerscr
Can the rescue help you with food?

And what do you call her - Ma - Belle - MAY bul - or all of it?

Chaser
August 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wow what a beautiful girl she is!!! :cloud9: You're an :angel: for helping her.

kathryn
August 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Gimmie her!!!! She looks cuddly!!!!

Bearsmom
August 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
OH. MY. GOD.

She's soooo beautiful!

luckypenny
August 16th, 2008, 04:36 PM
She's absolutely beautiful :cloud9:. I like Mabel :D.

Frenchy, perhaps if you slowly let her get to know the rest of the pack, one by one? By the end of the day, :fingerscr she'll want to follow one of them indoors.

Hoping the transition will go as smooooooth as possible :goodvibes:.

Chaser
August 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I like Mabel :D.

So do I!!!

Frenchy, perhaps if you slowly let her get to know the rest of the pack, one by one? By the end of the day, :fingerscr she'll want to follow one of them indoors.

Good idea LP! :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
And what do you call her - Ma - Belle - MAY bul - or all of it?
I call her Ma Belle :D
She's absolutely beautiful :cloud9:. I like Mabel :D.

Hoping the transition will go as smooooooth as possible :goodvibes:.

Right now I'm more worried about her getting use to the others. Sam is the only one who will let her smell him more than a few seconds , and then it's like she doesn't like it and looks like she starts to show teeth , then I break it off before anything happens. The other ones ignore her or will let her smell them but never for too long. I know it's going to take some time , will be harder when I'm at work , will have to secure the solarium for the others to leave her alone.

Winston
August 16th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Frenchy! she is a gorgeous! You are such a wonderful person saving her life! OMG how did you give her a bath? she looks a little on the small side ? Oh watch your feet! I know how that feels!! especially the big toe!

What will you do if she doesnt want to come in the house?

How has Nelly taken to her? Shes probably thinking wow mom last one was small this one is huge!! :laughing:

ancientgirl
August 16th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Aw Frenchy, she's a beauty. What a sad story that she lost both her eyes. I hope she gets used to your gang so she can spend some time inside.

breeze
August 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM
she is such a pretty girl.. you must be in seventh heaven...:cloud9::cloud9:

I hope your gang gets use to her....:fingerscr:goodvibes:

Chris21711
August 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
She is beautiful Frenchy, I don't really have any suggestions on how to get her into the house. I was thinking that maybe if you could put your guys in a room and maybe have the door open so she can sense you from outside and since she is so affectionate she might just venture in.

Once again you stepped up to the plate, that is really awesome of you :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I have such bad news :sad: I'm waiting to hear back from the rescue , Ma Belle can't stay here. She's getting more and more aggressive with my dogs , so much that now I have to tie her to a leash outside while I take my dogs out one by one , to do their business.

I don't get it , I was letting them meet one by one , for few short moments , even let my dogs go outside one by one so she would be less stressed , every time a dog lets her smell him/ her , after a few seconds she attacks them ! No bites so far but I won't get to that point. :sad: :wall:

Rottielover
August 16th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I am so sorry Frenchy, but you know best. I hope everything will be ok.

Chris21711
August 16th, 2008, 06:25 PM
OMG Frenchy, I am so sorry to hear that, I really have nothing to suggest :sad:

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I feel like sh** right now. :sad: this poor dog , I really thought it would go alright. :sad:

14+kitties
August 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
:grouphug: to you hon for trying where most people would not. Sounds like she needs a home where there are no other dogs. :shrug: I was hoping, like you were, that your gang would work their usual miracles. Maybe this girl needs a different kind of miracle.
Don't you dare feel bad! At least you tried. You can't put your guys at risk. Especially not Sam. :grouphug:

Chris21711
August 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Don't beat yourself up Frenchy. Her being blind, she is completely at a loss at all of the new smells she is experiencing and thoroughly confused. Hopefully a new home can be found for her where she is less fearful. I wish I had a magic answer for you.

rainbow
August 16th, 2008, 06:44 PM
OH NO :eek: .....what a big letdown. :sad: And the rescue said she was good with other dogs. :confused:

I am so sorry, Frenchy. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Chris21711
August 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM
OH NO :eek: .....what a big letdown. :sad: And the rescue said she was good with other dogs. :confused:

I am so sorry, Frenchy. :grouphug: :grouphug:

She probably was good with the other dogs she lived with Rainbow but was used to their smells. Frenchy's is all new to her, probably with time she might adjust but the risk is there and without question Frenchy's pack comes first and foremost.

allymack
August 16th, 2008, 06:54 PM
sorry to hear that hun, but dont be too hard on yourself, you wouldnt know that she wouldnt get along with your guys, hopefully another foster will take her:fingerscr

rainbow
August 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
She probably was good with the other dogs she lived with Rainbow but was used to their smells. Frenchy's is all new to her, probably with time she might adjust but the risk is there and without question Frenchy's pack comes first and foremost.

I never thought about that. :o This is so sad. :sad:

Chaser
August 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Oh no, you shouldn't feel bad about this. This must be such a hard position to be in, especially since she sounds like she really likes you already. That's got to hurt. :sad:

I agree that since your gang is so big and new to her, she's probably just too overwhelmed. That's a big risk to all your furkids. Sounds like she would do much better with no dogs or maybe just one.

allymack
August 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM
i just have a suggestion if you want to offer it up to the rescue.. ask the orrignal owner if you can have a blanket or something from the barn that has familiar smeels on it, to help her adjust to the new place...just a thought..

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys , but I'm still feeling like crap. Now I'm mad at the owner. All she knows is being tie up outside by day and being left in a barn by night. She couldn't even walk on the pavement to get to my car , she just froze and laid down on the ground , wouldn't get back up. Owner told me she only knew grass under her paws. Took me about 10 minutes to get her out of my car , had to pick her up.

She is such a lovely girl , she just perks up every time I go see her outside , she leans on me and just loves the attention , she kisses my face ... omg I'm feeling even worse now :wall:

I will never say this enough : if you get a dog to leave it outside and tie up , just don't get a dog.

Frenchy
August 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
if you can have a blanket

If only she had one , she slept on the ground. She didn't have anything. They didn't even leave me the leash. They probably only have one for all their dogs as they never take them anywhere anyway.

And they live 3 hours from my place.

Chris21711
August 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Just a thought Frenchy, if she is going to spend the night in the garage, I was thinking if you put some of the dogs stuffies in with her that has their smell and slobber, so that she may start to realize that it is not so threatening. I'm just grabbing at straws here, but I know how frought you are over this.:grouphug:

Winston
August 16th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Frenchy I was thinking that this may help out temporarily. I realise they have no room at sophies...Could you ask them to swap her with another dog. This way you are kind of freeing up a spot by taking another ?? I noticed they have another Berner there named TouTou..maybe they would do well together.

Isnt it truly sad how people think dogs should be? how sad to only ever know grass? I wish there was a way for you to get this to work but sometimes things do happen for a reason!

Stay strong my friend as the others will know somethings up! :thumbs up Special prayers tonight for this precious one!

14+kitties
August 16th, 2008, 08:01 PM
No suggestions for you. Just lots of :grouphug: and :pray:ers that things work out somehow.

growler~GateKeeper
August 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
She is so purrty :lovestruck:, I'm sorry the situation :sad: her previous owners :mad: left her in has caused you so much heartache & worry over the safety of your own dogs :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
August 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Aw, Frenchy :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Poor Ma Belle...too many changes all at once. She can't process it all. Don't kick yourself...no one could predict how she'd react. :grouphug:

She's such a beautiful girl. I just know something really good will come for her :goodvibes: Everything happens for a reason.

rainbow
August 16th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Just a thought Frenchy, if she is going to spend the night in the garage, I was thinking if you put some of the dogs stuffies in with her that has their smell and slobber, so that she may start to realize that it is not so threatening. I'm just grabbing at straws here, but I know how frought you are over this.:grouphug:

I agree....a couple of the stuffies and one of their beds might help. :goodvibes: But it is easy for us to make suggestions since we're not there. :o You know what is best for your situation and your fuzzbutts must come first. :grouphug:

I hope you get a good sleep tonight. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Winston
August 17th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Frenchy how are you and the pack this morning?

Sylvie
August 17th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Oh Frenchy, my heart breaks for you Ma Belle and your pack:sad:

The poor girl, only knows and feels comfortable on grass :eek: She looks at your pack as the intruders and is trying to tell them that she is the boss, the only way she knows how. It is almost I'll get you before you get me. :frustrated:

Don't feel bad Frenchy, you went into this with both feet on the ground, you did your best. Your home would be a great home for her but you must put your pack first.

I don't know about the rescue that you are working with, but have they contacted any St Bernard Rescues. If you want I will try to contact my rescue and see if she knows of anyone? Just let me know. I wish I were closer so that I could bring my husband over to work with her. :grouphug:

Frenchy
August 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM
So last night I cleaned everything in my shed/garage to put her in there for the night , spent 1 hour trying to lure her inside with meat. Than I tried physicly , didn't work either. So I set her up outside and tied her just in case. I do have a fence but what if ... I can't take any chances of her running away , she would get hit by a car. :sad: then she broke the chain. :yell: So I made a barrier with patio chairs , that she could move easely but she bumps into them and backs off. She still hasn't eaten anything. The rescue is trying to find someone else to take care.

While I was taking my guys out this morning , Nelly peed inside. She was afraid to come outside. :sad:

Frenchy
August 17th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I don't know about the rescue that you are working with, but have they contacted any St Bernard Rescues.

There's one but only in New York. :sad: I have to find a place TODAY because I'm going back to work tomorrow. Nobody does my job while I'm on vacation , I'll be very busy for the 2 next weeks , like crazy.

Winston
August 17th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Frenchy! I was thinking about you all last night! I bet you didnt sleep a wink! especially if your not used to leaving a dog outside! She must be out of sorts too! new place new smells and new doggies that she cant see!

I wonder why she wouldnt go in the garage? she is used to the barn?? I think you have a pretty strong pack so dont worry they will get through this with you!

Did her previous home give you anything of hers? even some of her food? Why did she have to be given up?

Im so far away! I wish I could help!

Winston
August 17th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Frenchy I dont know if you saw one of my other posts but do you think that sophies would do a swap for another foster? I know thats not the ideal situation but since they say they have no room for her it would free up a space! and they have another berner there too!

Sylvie
August 17th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Good luck Frenchy, I will be thinking of you all day. :grouphug:

Frenchy
August 17th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I wonder why she wouldnt go in the garage? she is used to the barn??
there's so many things she's not use too , I tried for an hour , she just was so scared !
Did her previous home give you anything of hers? even some of her food? Why did she have to be given up?

Nope , didn't leave nothing for her ! not even a leash.
Frenchy I dont know if you saw one of my other posts but do you think that sophies would do a swap for another foster?

I offered ......finding a foster home for her is hard. Has to have a big fence backyard and a house with no stairs and no other dogs .... almost impossible ! :wall:

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Frenchy, I'd hoped by this morning things would have gotten better. I hope you get a miracle today.:pray:

rainbow
August 17th, 2008, 03:01 PM
:grouphug: :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

babymomma
August 17th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Frenchy, even though it idnt really working out, I'd just like you to know(im sure you alredy know this) that you are an Angel!! :angel: So many people wouldnt have even given her a chance, but you did, sometimes it just doesnt work.:sad: :fingerscr For her to find a new foster family or even better, a forever home!!!!

diandpat
August 17th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Oh Frenchy, this is such a sad situation and I am sure it is tearing you up inside. :sad:

This poor animal has been terribly neglected and and despite your absolute best intentions it just won't work under these circumstances and your pack has to come first.

Hoping a praying that some "miracle" will happen today to resolve in the best way possible. Whatever happens, you were the only one who did not hesitate to take her in and give her a chance. :angel: It can't always work but I think from reading here that your success rate is pretty hight. :highfive:

Please do keep us posted. :fingerscr

Frenchy
August 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Well , Ma Belle has finally come inside , so I put the door between the solarium and the kitchen , unfortunatly , it's a big steel door that I usually put there for winter. I'm looking for a used screen door instead , so the dogs could still smell and see each others. She is staying , at least , another week. I can't let her go from foster homes to foster homes.

Now if she would only go back outside :yell:

growler~GateKeeper
August 17th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Frenchy :grouphug: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Frenchy, at least she's inside. That's good right?

:grouphug:

breeze
August 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM
what about putting a strong baby gate where the door is??

14+kitties
August 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I really feel for you Frenchy! What a heartbreaking situation to be in. At least she is in and you can rest easy but 150 lb dog!! What kind of pressies is she leaving you! :eek: Has she eaten yet? :goodvibes: :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
August 17th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Well , Ma Belle has finally come inside , ...

Now if she would only go back outside :yell:

:grouphug: Small steps. How did you get her inside? That in itself was quite a feat! :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray: that she decides doors are not so scary and will go back outside for you. Is Nelly, at least, going out again? :grouphug:

clm
August 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM
If only you had got her at the beginning of your vacation. She's going to need a lot of time to adjust thanks to the poor home she had to start with. Why do people get dogs and tie them outside for the rest of their lives. I so hate that.
She's had no socialization at all, it's no wonder she's afraid of your pack and wants to fight.
At least you got her in the house. She looks big, must outweigh you easily.
Hopefully things will calm down for you until you can get her placed in another foster. You never know, she might come around to liking your pack.

Cindy

Brandykins
August 18th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Aw she is a real beauty! How sad that she is blind thru' a misdiagnosis. Brilliant that you have fostered her, which saved her life - hats off to you:thumbs up

I wish for her a long and happy life, as I am sure she will get from you.

Hugs to her from me and doggy kisses from Loki:thumbs up

Love4himies
August 18th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I haven't been online all weekend so I missed this until this morning.

Frenchy you are a golden :angel:. Even if you don't keep fostering her, you are helping her adjust to new things in her life so if she will be more prepared for her next home. ;)

:grouphug: I know this dog couldn't be more better off than with you.

Frenchy
August 18th, 2008, 11:09 AM
what about putting a strong baby gate where the door is??
The cats could get through.
Has she eaten yet? :goodvibes: :fingerscr
Yep ! :thumbs up
[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;642074 How did you get her inside? That in itself was quite a feat! [/QUOTE]

She just walked in !! I saw her pacing near the door so I opened it and called her , she came right in. But still hasn't gone out :sad: I tried for a long time last night , and many times this morning before leaving for work.

Nelly is doing ok but I have to be very calm with her right now.

Chris21711
August 18th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Happy to hear she has eaten Frenchy, I'm hoping so much that she can adjust just a little and stay with you until a permanent home can be found :pray: You are the best person to take care of her special needs :angel:

Frenchy
August 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM
If she can learn fast to get in and out of the solarium ... it would be perfect !

Chris21711
August 18th, 2008, 11:26 AM
If she can learn fast to get in and out of the solarium ... it would be perfect !

I so hope so Frenchy, you are perfect for her and she looks such a love :cloud9:

poodletalk
August 18th, 2008, 11:28 AM
But still hasn't gone out

What a BIG present you're going to have in your house tonight!

I'm sure you already tried this: For awhile Maggie had problems going down the stairs, what I did is I kept hitting my hand on each stair and called her name to show her there's nothing to be afraid of-slow but sure she started coming down the stairs.

Frenchy
August 18th, 2008, 11:34 AM
What a BIG present you're going to have in your house tonight!
you know what ? I would love to find presents , because right now , she's holding everything , which isn't good , so yes , I would be kind of happy to find presents :laughing:
I'm sure you already tried this: For awhile Maggie had problems going down the stairs, what I did is I kept hitting my hand on each stair and called her name to show her there's nothing to be afraid of-slow but sure she started coming down the stairs.

The stairs are not an issue anymore , she hasn't gone back up , there's a close door after the stairs so she figured she has no business there. :shrug: there's one step before going out the door , but she doesn't even get that far. :sad:

rainbow
August 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM
She seems to be trusting you more and more now.....I think this has a good chance of working out. :thumbs up

If the cats can get through your baby gate then maybe go to a building supply store and get a piece of lattice board. A 4 x 8 piece costs around $20 I think but lots of times they have smaller pieces there if you ask. You would have to put something heavy against it to hold it in place but it could work.

Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Chris21711
August 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM
The stairs are not an issue anymore , she hasn't gone back up , there's a close door after the stairs so she figured she has no business there. :shrug: there's one step before going out the door , but she doesn't even get that far. :sad:

I'm thinking Frenchy she is feeling safe that's why she doesn't want to budge. It was all too much for her, going in a car, pavement, new doggy smells, etc.,

Frenchy
August 18th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Yes it was A LOT for her this past week end.

Oh and for those who always wanted to know , when you get a kiss in the face from a st-bernard , there's not more drool than with any other dog :D the drool stays in their jaws ... and drools of course :laughing:

phoozles
August 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Just caught this now - she's a beauty! Sorry to hear of your struggles - hopefully she'll find a forever home soon :fingerscr

poodletalk
August 18th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Frenchy, I was thinking, why don't you give her some rescue remedy if she's nervous. This may help you get her in and out of your house.:shrug:

Frenchy
August 18th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Frenchy, I was thinking, why don't you give her some rescue remedy if she's nervous. This may help you get her in and out of your house.:shrug:

That's a good idea , I just gave some to Bailey and Chloe , I'll try it with Belle ...

She wouldn't come outside when I got home and I had to stop trying because the storm was coming. BUT , I sat down , turned the computer on , and she sat right beside me !! AND , she tried to follow me to the kitchen but I close the door. When I came back , she was up the stairs and just went down when I was behind her , we're making progress !

rainbow
August 18th, 2008, 06:30 PM
WOO HOO....that is great progress forher already. :thumbs up

Did she pass by any of your fuzzbutts on the way?

Rainy
August 18th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Hmmmmm next time put a chair just outside and have a nice sit down and talk to Ma Belle or just hum or sing alittle....she may follow you outside!She's beautiful!:lovestruck::lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Did she pass by any of your fuzzbutts on the way?
They are still separated.
Hmmmmm next time put a chair just outside and have a nice sit down and talk to Ma Belle or just hum or sing alittle....she may follow you outside!She's beautiful!:lovestruck::lovestruck:

I've tried , I have tried everything for the past 2 evenings. It's just not working.

FancyAppy
August 21st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Belle is beautiful...thank you so much for taking her in and giving this beautiful dog another chance.You are an Angel to foster the hard to place animals. If not for you these sweet souls could be overlooked and never find loving homes. These sweet animals deserve a second chance and bless you for giving them that.And for working so hard to re-socialize and re-train so that they can be placed in loving homes. It is alot of work and expense. thank you for caring so much.
Belle is something special, she really is.

BusterBoo
August 21st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Frenchy, I am so sorry I missed this post while I was offline.....MaBelle is gorgeous! I didn't read her story because I don't think I could manage to get through something sad right now. That's great news that she is starting to come around and I know with your love, patience and guidance, if there is a chance for her to adapt to you and your crew, she will!!!!

Thank you for saving another poor soul...... :grouphug:

Frenchy
August 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
I should update :D Ma Belle has been going in and out of the house without any problems for the past 2 days now. The day before I did force her to go outside , I guess that's what she needed. LP and her hubby came to put up a new door with screen between the solarium and kitchen. So now I can see her , the dogs can see and smell her.

While the door was being installed , Ma Belle had to be outside (for a dog that was always outside , now she hates being outside alone) to our surprise (and delight!) she could hear us talking in the kitchen and decided to try the patio stairs ... all by herself ! She went up and down , slowly the first time , after that , she kept coming up and down without any problems. She has so much potential , she even has the zoomies when outside with me now :eek: which is kind of dangerous for me :laughing: she is still separated from my dogs. She is still very insecure and velcro to me so putting them together might not be a good idea as she would "protect me" from the others and I wouldn't want another fight. She's extremely loving and is learning very quickly ! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 21st, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm so happy she's coming out of her shell.

krdahmer
August 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM
Wow Frenchy... so much excitement around there eh.... I'm so glad to see that there is progress with Ma Belle already! She is gorgeous too, I really hope she finds a great forever home...(if it's not yours)... with lots of all the stuff she never had before! And kudos to you again on another amazing rescue! She couldn't have picked a better person to help her get used to new things! :thumbs up :goodvibes: that she starts to accept the other dogs too...

hazelrunpack
August 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
She's finally learning to be a puppy :cloud9:....something I think she likely missed out on when she as actually of puppy age... :sad:

Sounds like she's doing so much better! :thumbs up

14+kitties
August 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM
Yay for Ma Belle! She is doing so well! :fingerscr she will keep improving. What a doll!

Frenchy
August 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
You know , I knew nothing about blind dogs but read a bit about it right before I got her. It said that we shouldn't feel sorry for them , because they feel just like any other dog :shrug: and they are right ! Now if she can just learn to have the zoomies far from me :fingerscr :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
Have you considered a suit of armor? :D

babymomma
August 21st, 2008, 09:59 PM
Have you considered a suit of armor? :D

Oh oh oh!! YOu can borrow mine frenchy, I dont use it much these days! :thumbs up:laughing: I mean, its just sitting there in the dungeon, all by its lonesome.. Somebody may as well put it to good use!

Chaser
August 21st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Great to hear that things have improved! It's amazing how quickly a dog can start to improve in a foster home, once they start a routine and get some love.

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2008, 12:21 AM
Good job Frenchy :thumbs up

As for the zoomies - you'll hafta be quicker on your feet to avoid her :laughing:

rainbow
August 22nd, 2008, 12:51 AM
Frenchy, you have done more for Ma Belle in the little time that you've had her than anyone else has ever done for her. :thumbs up

I'm sure things will contine to improve. :goodvibes:

Love4himies
August 22nd, 2008, 06:50 AM
I knew you could do it Frenchy :thumbs up:highfive:!

LP, how nice of you and DH to help out.

Bearsmom
August 23rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hee, Frenchy, you're going to have to take dance lessons or something to quicken you on your feet!!!

It IS very alarming to see a happy bouncy Saint coming barrelling at you, not knowing which way they're going to turn, or if they're going to stop at all....(poor Bear faces this with Molly every time we hike).

We have also faced having to force Molly outside (we really don't know how many hours she was left outside alone for her short life), now, when I let Bear out, she will follow, but as soon as her pees and poops are done, she wants IN. We think she was left out for hours and hours, as you can almost see complete PANIC in her face when I open the door to let them out. Molly has come to realize that she's just out there to do her business, and that's it, perhaps Ma Belle will come around to this?

Frenchy
August 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
but as soon as her pees and poops are done, she wants IN.

perhaps Ma Belle will come around to this?

Belle is the same now , for the past 2 days , I don't have to go outside with her every time , I open the door for her , she goes out , does what she has to do , does a quick inspection of the yard and comes back inside. 2-3 times a day , I go out with her for about 15 minutes each time. But she's always eager to get back in ! I just finished a session of belly rub with her , for the first time , she growled from pleasure :crazy: oh and , she has started to paw at me (ouch !) :laughing:

14+kitties
August 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Sounds like she is settling in quite nicely. Now to work on getting her used to the other puppers. Or is it getting them used to her? :rolleyes: Hopefully she will find her forever home. You do such a fantastic job with her! You have your :angel2: wings already. (Must be hard to get dressed in the morning.) :rolleyes:

Frenchy
August 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
You have your :angel2: wings already. (Must be hard to get dressed in the morning.) :rolleyes:

:laughing: I'm like Mini wheats , I have 2 sides :evil: so it balances itself out. :D

14+kitties
August 23rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
:laughing: I'm like Mini wheats , I have 2 sides :evil: so it balances itself out. :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

K, fun's over! GET SNAPPING PICTURES!!!!! :D

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM

:laughing: Well, that's good cuz otherwise you'd be walking lopsided! :eek:

Now then...didn't someone demand pictures? Not me, of course :angel:

rainbow
August 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Yep....we are still waiting. :whistle: