Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cheaper bully sticks?

mollywog
August 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I just got back from the local pet store. Wanted to get Molly some chewies, and I know rawhides are bad, so I picked up some Bully Sticks. She LOVES them but eats them quite fast and at this rate I can't afford them!
They are $3.89 each for a 6 inch stick. she can chew through this in about 15 mins or less.
Does anyone know any other places (online?) to find cheaper bully sticks, or a cheaper alternative?
She loves Kongs and gets about one a day. But I would like something different to give to her when I put her in her crate and leave the house.
thanks. :pawprint:

mastifflover
August 15th, 2008, 01:06 PM
My boy loves them too. But I would suggest not leaving her alone in her crate with one, Clark being the little piggy he is almost choked on one because he was trying to swallow to big a piece. Just keep checking on line and when they have the all about pets show in Toronto I stock up the manufacturer is there sometimes also at woofstock

clm
August 15th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Where I buy mine, if you buy 10 or more you get a decent discount off them. I buy the largest and cut them in half and give each dog half in the morning before we go to work.

Cindy

Purpledomino
August 16th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I really love the Jeffers online company. The bully sticks are cheaper there, and you can buy in bulk which saves money. Jeffers is based in southern US, and ship to Canada using USPS by weight, which is good if you buy a few pet items....and bully sticks really are pretty light. I have had nothing but good experiences using this company, they have excellent customer service and when you talk to them by phone they have the cutest little southern accents! :goodvibes:

www.jefferspet.com

lavandula&gaya
August 16th, 2008, 09:36 AM
mollywog, and everyone in the room, good morning :)

I’m new on pet.ca… I have not introduced myself, lavandula, and my dog, gaya, yet… but I wanted to take the time to reply to you now…

clm & Purpledomino are right… if you buy 10+… or a case… it’s cheaper, and many places will give you a 10% discount…

as an example – I buy greenies for gaya – I give her 1 a day - the large one sells for 2.50$-3.29$cdn ea., or 10.50-10.99$ for a ziplock bag of 4… I found a place where I can order a box of 19, sturdy cardboard box with a plastic lid (not wrapped individ.) for 34.99$ (=1.84$cdn ea.) :cloud9:

I even do that for my own food (lundberg organic rice (25-pound bag), rice milk (6 or 12), apple sauce, larabars (16/box) etc…) as I used to live on the country side for many years… this is a different way of shopping/lifestyle… one has to get used to make room for all that sfuff initially… I never go to convenience stores… I make a list and go only to my preferred stores/groceries a few times a month… budget $$ is also an issue for me, and this is my way of getting as much as possible for my $$ and still buy good quality, or best when possible, for myself and my dog

I personally prefer to shop around locally (by phone first… as long as it’s not long distance… to save on gas and on time) than on line…

so, don’t hesitate to shop around… then buy for the month, or for the season…

good luck
:crazy: & :pawprint:

mollywog
April 5th, 2009, 04:03 AM
As a note of interest, bully sticks are not allowed into Canada if shipped from a vendor outside of Canada if there is no country of origin certtificate or vet. Inspection certificate. This is very important to ebayers and people buying online from the USA or UK. Now available in Canada are bully sticks and cow ears (less fat than pig ears) from naturalpetchews.com with distribution in Toronto.

do I smell SPAM??? Theres no ordering info on the website and it looks very generic.... :confused: :frustrated: