Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nerve Damage in Pomeranian

ladyametyst1961
August 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hi i was given a 5month old Pom,the lady told me that it has nerve damage in its rear legs and yes it does ,falls over alot but i was wondering what causes that and if its genetic or could it be cause by injury or abuse?She said she rescued it from her own family member.Thanks Ladyametyst1961,any replies welcome.

SnowDancer
August 15th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I suggest you ask your vet - who may well refer you to a neuro surgeon for appropriate X-Rays and if feasible, treatment. There are many possible reasons for your pup's condition.

ladyametyst1961
August 15th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Hi King thanks for the reply and i will do that,i'm certainly hoping they can do something for him,but regardless he is well taken care of now and really not a problem.Hes got a wonderful personality and is so loveable.Thanks again.:thumbs up

rainbow
August 16th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Paco and hope the vet will be able to help him. :fingerscr Good luck and please keep us updated. :goodvibes:

Oh, and we would love to see pics of your little boy. :lovestruck:

ladyametyst1961
August 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Well i am taking him in,but i already love him so much,hes got such a wonderful personality,and outside he does very well,even chases me ,and when he falls he gets back up,i think i should of called him Trooper lol As for pictures i do have some but not sure how to resize them.Thank you again.:)