Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help My Kitten Bites!

Hillary1972
August 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM
My name is Hillary and I had to put my 12 year old cat to sleep in May. The vet had some kittens and so I took one. I've had her since she is 7 weeks old. Now she is close to 5 months. Sadie is her name. I am having some issues with her. She bites ALL THE TIME & I have to lock her in the bathroom at night or she'll bite me all night as well. It's been suggested that I get another kitten to help "train " her. I do not know how. HELP!:sad:

lance
August 14th, 2008, 01:27 AM
I say No firmly with a tap on the nose and perhaps more toys to keep him busy.

14+kitties
August 14th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Hillary1972. Sorry to hear about the lose of your 12 year old. :sad:
I know you read the advice that was in the other thread you replied to. Besides that there isn't much more to add. Please don't hit kitten in any way, even if a tap. You might think it doesn't hurt but you aren't on the kitty's receiving end. A firm no and replacing you with a toy consistently is the key. It must be done every time!
Just curiousity.....what's wrong with another kitty? They would play with each other and keep each other amused. :D Kittens need lots of play time. They sleep a lot but when they are awake they want to play.

Love4himies
August 14th, 2008, 06:46 AM
There is no need to ever hit a kitty to train them. I have replied to your post in: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55226