Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from NYC

Hillary1972
August 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM
My name is Hillary and I had to put my 12 year old cat to sleep in May. The vet had some kittens and so I took one. I've had her since she is 7 weeks old. Now she is close to 5 months. Sadie is her name. I am having some issues with her. She bites ALL THE TIME & I have to lock her in the bathroom at night or she'll bite me all night as well. It's been suggested that I get another kitten to help "train " her. I do not know how. HELP!:sad:

mastifflover
August 14th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the board. I am not very cat savvy but I am sure some of our cat lovers will be able to help you with this issue.

Jim Hall
August 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM
hi welcome to the boards form new jersey here

a few things you can try

wear her out play woht her with toys until she curls up and goes to sleep kittens have more energy than the ernergiser bunny

when she goes to bite hiss at her and turn away ignore her for a while

if that doesnt work gently scruff her these are things another cat would do if play got to rough

but wera her out get her to use up all that energy

phoozles
August 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
A water bottle can be your friend - My cat Alley used to bite my toes constantly at night - I kept a squirt bottle by my bed and got her when she did it - it only took two nights of doing this before she stopped.
During the day you can try distracting her with a toy when she starts to bite - hopefully she'll get the hint.

Good luck, and welcome to pets.ca!