Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hi

the gang
August 13th, 2008, 10:17 PM
its brenda with the 5 pins!!!!!! i have a good friend of mine that just lost her pug on monday!!!!!she is beside herself and looking to rescue a baby pug if any one knows anything please let me know thanks a million brenda.

Frenchy
August 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM
There's 3 up for adoption on petfinder but they are all seniors. :sad:

BenMax
August 14th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Check the SPCA. I know that they recieved a young one late last week while I was visiting. Actually, these dogs are being dumped quite frequently now. I am certain she will find one either at the shelter or in rescue.

Good luck

poodletalk
August 14th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I know of someone who found a pug in Brossard, it said in the add, if it wasn't claimed, she's going to drop it off at the SPCA Monteregie.

lm9012
August 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Check petfinder.com in your area...or look up rescue groups in your area..there are many rescue groups that are breed specific. Someone already mentioned..lots of these type of dogs are getting dumped now..I'm seeing a lot of puggles with the rescue group I work with..pomeranians, poodles, westies, scotties.. people pay $1000 and then dump it, makes no sense. There is also a rise in abandoned/owner give ups in the beginning of the year for us...when people give puppies as x-mas presents..then the new owners realize this isn't for them. :sad:

maybe you can encourage her to go to a shelter, go with her to just look. Many times people have their heart set on a breed and then they meet THE DOG and even if it isn't what they were looking for initially, they find a perfect match.

It's always said that the dog picks you, not the other way around! :lovestruck: