Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

the love of a dog

badger
August 13th, 2008, 04:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/12/loyal.dog.ap/index.html

SolaMio
August 13th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Really sad story :sad: but amazing.. Anyone who doesn't believe in dogs' intelligence and/or loyalty...

Love4himies
August 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM
What an amazing dog! So sad for this young man's family :sad:

t.pettet
August 13th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Such loyalty and love, there's an old saying 'no one will ever love you as much as your dog', as in this case.

aslan
August 13th, 2008, 09:31 PM
that is an amazing story of loyalty. Is anyone other than me wondering why the guy took the dog with him when he was gonna kill himself.

ancientgirl
August 14th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Amazing. That's loyalty and love.

Aslan, I can only imagine the man wanted his last moments to be spent in the company of someone he loved and he didn't want to feel so alone.

want4rain
August 14th, 2008, 09:46 AM
that is an amazing story of loyalty. Is anyone other than me wondering why the guy took the dog with him when he was gonna kill himself.

:frustrated: maybe im just having a bad day?? maybe this is too snotty of a comment to make but im gonna make it anyway...

considering suicide is the hands down most selfish act a human being could make... im not all together surprised he had his dog around for whatever reason, totally inconsiderate as to what woudl happen after he off-ed himself. :frustrated: :frustrated: :confused: :mad:

-ashley

aslan
August 14th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Want4, i don't think its at all snotty and about 5minutes after i asked the question i thought the same thing. I agree that suicide is the most selfish act you can commit, or atleast i did until this moron decided he needed company and who cares if his loyal friend starves to death afterwards.:wall::wall:

kiara
August 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM
What loving loyal companions dogs make. This story could have ended in a different way that the dog could have died too, if no one had found him in time. People have to understand that certain diseases like bi-polar or schizophrenia makes the person prone to suicide.

aslan
August 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Kiara, i grew up with a mother who was severly bi-polar/manic depressive... I have had a roommate commit suicide in my home, so i DO understand what it's all about. It does not make it ok to put the life of an animal in jeopardy...

t.pettet
August 14th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Suicide is selfish - yes - but to be in that state of mind is not something he could have controlled and escaping his pain and depression or what ever his symptons were was the ultimate goal. Perhaps he didn't realize the dog would stick so close for so long.