Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Camping Puppies

Elizabeth Ann
August 12th, 2008, 08:10 AM
So we have been camping since the first weekend of May. Most weekends it has rained but we have still managed to get some pretty good pictures of the puppies.

They have really liked camping and it tuckers them out. Every Sunday we come home they sleep like they haven't slept in months. I think it's all the fresh air.

(Last week we were up on Manitoulin Island for 8 days. By the third day all they did was sleep in the sun, then get up and move to the shade, then get up and go back into the sun. Ruff live these two have eh?)

These are pictures from Jordan Valley Campground in Wine country. As you can see Gizmo still had his cone. Although I did have to rush out and find a bigger one since the little guy figured out how to scratch is scar.

Anyways - here are our pictures.

Elizabeth Ann
August 12th, 2008, 08:13 AM
These pictures are from Manitoulin Island.

I asked my FiancÚ to take a picture of the beardies because they are my favorite breed of all time. These two were so good and we didn't hear a peep from them.

The second photo is Tonka at a wennie roast. I think he was getting ready for one to drop.

The last picture is Tonka sleep under a picnic table. This was his favorite spot and stayed there for hours. I once woke him up just to make sure he was still alive.

Elizabeth Ann
August 12th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I can't remember where we were when these pictures were taken... maybe Niagara Falls (the weekend it rained and rained and rained so we ended up purchasing a bigger trailer pretty much on the way home).

chico2
August 12th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Aww Tonka so sweet,all tuckered out and Gizmo as cute as ever:lovestruck:
Honestly, I cannot see anyone camping this summer,the wettest summer ever,but you seem to have been lucky.
Oh,more pics,that enclosure is great!!

Elizabeth Ann
August 12th, 2008, 08:21 AM
The first one is from Niagara falls again, and the last two are from the weekend we stayed at a campground called Pinevalley (in Flamborough).

Elizabeth Ann
August 12th, 2008, 08:23 AM
These two are from Pinevalley as well.

This is (I think) the weekend before Gizmo lost his eye. He met another dog that he fell in love with almost right away. To bad the other dog didn't want to play nice (but that didn't turn Gizmo off)

Elizabeth Ann
August 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
And these last two are from Valens conservation area in Flamborough.

Look how pretty Tonka is sitting... he is such a good boy.

Elizabeth Ann
August 12th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Aww Tonka so sweet,all tuckered out and Gizmo as cute as ever:lovestruck:
Honestly, I cannot see anyone camping this summer,the wettest summer ever,but you seem to have been lucky.
Oh,more pics,that enclosure is great!!

We have only had one good weather trip and that was last week. It rained once at night (which I can deal with) and once during the day for about ten minutes but the sun was out at the same time (which again, I can deal with). Other then that it has rained EVERY single time we have camped. Some times from the time we arrive at the campground to the time we leave.

Oh well - a day of camping in the rain is 100x better then a day at work.

Plus the dogs LOVE IT. The like to meet a bunch of new people, they love to run around the trailer from one bed to another. Gizmo likes to lay on the sofa while I watch TV from the bed (when you only camp in the rain a TV comes in very handy). Tonka likes to sit on the sofa while I am doing the dishes. It's there home away from home.

And it funny. We started them off in the X-Pens (that's two put together to make one large one) until Tonka found out he could jump right over it. We never lifted him over the top of the X-Pens, we always used the door, but one day another unfixed male walked by and he jumped right over it. So anyways now we tie they up and they don't do thier business in that area. We still have to take them for walks thru-out the day so that they can do there stuff.

Tonka still isn't 100% house trained and we find it funny that he will go pee anywhere is pleases in the house, but while we are camping he wont do anything unless we take him at least 20 feet away from the trailer. And because of that his house training is going so much better.

Who knew that camping would be the solution to our house training problems. :shrug:

ancientgirl
August 12th, 2008, 11:52 AM
They look like they're having a ball! And they have little camping buddies too!

Brandykins
August 12th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Lovely photos and love the one with the wee cutie sleeping!! Lovely pooches. Look forward to seeing more!!

:thumbs up:thumbs up

allymack
August 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM
those are great pics, it looks like the puppers had a great time camping!:dog:

Ford Girl
August 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Nice pics, looks like they had alot of fun...its nice to have them outdoors all day, they enjoy it as much as the humans. :cloud9: (it tires them out too! :thumbs up)