Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More Shaker!

budboybudboy77
August 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi more of the little guy .

Ford Girl
August 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Awww, he's so handsome. What a cute "little guy". :laughing: He's looking so grown up, isn't is sad how fast they get big. :sad: :angel: How old is he now?

14+kitties
August 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I see he gets to pick the place to sit in your house. The other thread he was on the couch. Now he's on the chair. :cloud9: Can't tell who rules your household. :D:thumbs up

Guinness' mom
August 11th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Great looking dog :dog:
lol...mine is on the couch all the time too....I got up to go to get something and Guinness tried to steal my spot :frustrated: ....NOT

budboybudboy77
August 11th, 2008, 07:59 PM
HI Shaker is almost 10 months - he will be 19 August.He loves his soft laydown places. They really grow up fast soon he will be off to college.:D

allymack
August 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM
aw, he is so shiney, and he looks so healthy!:cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2008, 01:51 AM
:cloud9: I wanna run my fingers through his fur :cloud9:

Love the sprinkler pic so cute when they play w/the hose :laughing:

Brandykins
August 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Och Shaker is a cracker! Lovely. He has a lovely face and eyes! Bet he is full of mischief!!

Take care. :thumbs up

budboybudboy77
August 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM
He loves to play with the water , I guess alot of dogs do .
He is into mischief morer at night time but it does vary.:D
Shaker thanks you on all the fur comments.

rainbow
August 17th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Shaker is gorgeous :lovestruck: .....I can't decide if I like the first or third pic best. :cloud9:

budboybudboy77
August 19th, 2008, 08:51 PM
HI Shaker last night went out to do his usual business before bed ,near 10.00pm.I hear my son call me just a few minutes after Shaker went outside,so I go out to see what is going on , it is dark and raining a bit, my son tells me Shaker found a baby bird on the ground and he has it in his mouth, running around with it like it was a game.
All we can hear is the bird chirping inside his mouth and Shaker giving his head a few shakes once or twice.Anyways we finally got Shaker to give up the bird by this time no more noises were coming from the baby bird and well we knew that was going to be the outcome.
Don't know where the bird came from but all we could guess was ,last night after 5:00pm we had heavy winds and rain ,stormy things going on and I guess the bird was blown from a nest somewhere.
Too bad for the baby bird but I don't think it had a chance once it was in Shaker's mouth.

jessi76
August 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
oh dear.... poor birdie. Shaker does seem like an appropriate name.... :rolleyes:

ah well, not much you can do at that point. I hope the other birds didn't witness the traumatic event. ;)

my dog has said "hello" to some small & furries a bit too eagerly a few times as well... we try to prevent it if possible, but sometimes all you can do is ask for a drop it and leave it.

budboybudboy77
August 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
He dropped it but a little too late , just hope the bird did not have any health problems that would bother Shaker?

budboybudboy77
August 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Well Shaker got sprayed by a skunk about at 9:40pm Tuesday night, oh boy what fun , HE SMells!:yuck:

14+kitties
August 19th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Well Shaker got sprayed by a skunk about at 9:40pm Tuesday night, oh boy what fun , HE SMells!:yuck:

:laughing::laughing: The joys of living where skunks reside!! Poor Shaker. :yuck:

growler~GateKeeper
August 20th, 2008, 02:01 AM
oh :eeew: poor Shaker :yuck: :fingerscr he'll stay away from skunks when he sees them now

rainbow
August 21st, 2008, 03:56 AM
Naughty Shaker ......did you get the skunk smell out? :fingerscr

budboybudboy77
August 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hi We got most of the smell out but he still has the smell on top of his head and around neck a bit, he's had 2 skunk baths with a recipe of peroxide, etc and a shampoo(dog) bath.
Wonder if we should use tomato juice this time , or just shampoo(dog)?

Winston
August 21st, 2008, 09:20 PM
Budboy my BIL golden got sprayed a few times..never learned his lesson but what the groomer used to clean skunky dogs was toothpaste. He used about 6 tubes on Elwood who is average size! try it it may make his smell better! :thumbs up

budboybudboy77
August 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Thks Winston , toothpaste , how do we use it ?
Mixed in water?
That stuff is sticky ,any help appreciated.
Thks

Winston
August 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
I am guessing but I would apply it like a shampoo...I guess thats why you need alot. I would rub some between my hands and add water to make it runny..or even slap it down the top of his back...add some water..add more if needed and lather it up! rinse really good! hopefully he likes the bath!

budboybudboy77
August 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
ok Thks I'll try that .

bendyfoot
August 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
There are skunk neutralizers too, that you can buy in pet shops...like Skunk Off. Work pretty well, at least on humans.

budboybudboy77
August 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Still wondering what to try , maybe toothpaste?