Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kailey and her Cone

Chaser
August 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I think she hates us....:sad: We are giving her a bit of crate time wearing her e-collar today, just so tomorrow when I leave for work won't be the first time. She hates it so much....and we feel really bad! Chase is terrified of it....she followed him around trying to say hi and he just went bug-eyed and ran away from her to hide in our room! :laughing:

One upside for him in all this is he gets to chew his favourite bone, which had to be hidden as it seems to be the one thing capable of causing a fight between them.

krdahmer
August 10th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Oh does she ever look sad! :sad: Fagan made that face too when I put his on... made me feel so mean...:rolleyes:

Glad to hear Chase is getting his bone though!

Brandykins
August 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Aw poor Kailey, hope she gets it off soon! Lovely lass she is and Chase a lovely laddie!! Hugs to both.

:thumbs up

Winston
August 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Aww poor girl! but you have to do what you have to do!! Chase looks like he is enjoying himself! Is she feeling better today?

wdawson
August 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
ah poor puppy

Chaser
August 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Is she feeling better today?

Yep she seems to be....started wanting to play with Chase so we had to tell them both to go lie down in seperate areas. Chase is now sulking on his bed.....he can't understand why he's being told he can't play :sad:

But Kailey seems great - appetite is 100% and no problems so far switching her food over. She seems to adjust to food changes no problem. Shelter life probably gave her a steel stomach!

allymack
August 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
aw poor chase doesnt understand why he cant play :sad: but he looks pretty happy getting to spend some time with his bone! and ppor Kailey, she looks so sad with her cone on..that was the look Enzo gave us too:sad: but he kinda gets over it, plus he got it take off to go for short, slow walks.

ancientgirl
August 10th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Poor girl. How long does she need to wear it?

Chaser
August 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Poor girl. How long does she need to wear it?

Until next Friday or Saturday....but it will only be when she is home alone. Otherwise we just make sure she stays in the same room as us, and I will tether her to me if I need to prepare dinner or something. We feel so bad making her wear it at all :sad:

We used a sleeping bag and made her a bed in our room so she doesn't have to sleep wearing it. Her tags jingle on her collar whenever she tries to lick and it wakes us up. She LOVES the bed we made her though! She understood right away that is her spot and that she shouldn't wander around at night. So long as she keeps that up and doesn't get into things we'll let her sleep there for good, cuz she really loves it. :)

Sylvie
August 10th, 2008, 03:39 PM
We used a sleeping bag and made her a bed in our room so she doesn't have to sleep wearing it. Her tags jingle on her collar whenever she tries to lick and it wakes us up. She LOVES the bed we made her though! She understood right away that is her spot and that she shouldn't wander around at night. So long as she keeps that up and doesn't get into things we'll let her sleep there for good, cuz she really loves it. :)

She sure is a lucky girl and must be on :cloud9: at your house.

chico2
August 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Awww,poor Kailey,that is a huge collar,at least she gets to take it off at times..:thumbs up
Chase looks sooo happy with his bone:lovestruck:

Frenchy
August 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM
ahhh poor pup , but it's for her own good.

Have you tried to make her sit beside the tv yet ? Sometimes if the dog with the cone is in the right position , you can actually get more TV stations.

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

growler~GateKeeper
August 10th, 2008, 11:59 PM
They just know how to make you feel guilty don't they. :D I think every animal gets the same sad pathetic look while coned :sad:

:goodvibes: for an easy speedy recovery.

Chris21711
August 11th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Poor Kailey she looks so not happy :pray: for a speedy recovery and good idea on the night arrangements you have set up
Skippy will be wearing one of those at the end of the week, but having Basset legs, it will probably be hitting the floor most of the time.

ahhh poor pup , but it's for her own good.

Have you tried to make her sit beside the tv yet ? Sometimes if the dog with the cone is in the right position , you can actually get more TV stations.

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif
So this is the reason you cancelled you satellite, you have all four of them sitting around the tv with cones on :evil:

14+kitties
August 11th, 2008, 10:05 AM

Now is that a telling statement or what? :rolleyes: For GOOD! Are you slowly coming around to look at her as yours? :D I think it's only a matter of time before we hear a big announcement!
Poor baby looks so pathetic. Tell her it's for her own good and to be a little angel. It will be over soon. :thumbs up
Can't imagine having to put it on any of my monsters. They would be freaking!

Frenchy
August 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM
So this is the reason you cancelled you satellite, you have all four of them sitting around the tv with cones on :evil:

The only way it worked was with Nelly (she had the biggest cone) sitting ON the TV :p

How is Kailey doing today Chase Mom ?

Chaser
August 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
How is Kailey doing today Chase Mom ?

She's good....apparently was pretty scared of Sylvie and Winston today :sad:

She will not leave her stupid incision alone though! And she knows she's supposed to leave it....she gets this guilty look on her face and slinks off into corners to try and get in a lick. She's driving me NUTS!!!! :crazy:

But she had to wear her e-collar ALL DAY while I was gone so I can't bring myself to put it on her again...which means I have to watcher her. Constantly. When all I really want to do is relax. :frustrated:

She's lucky she's cute. :rolleyes:

Winston
August 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM
She was a bit afraid of us at first even though we had met before! I think cause these 2 people were coming into her place and thats not really happened before cause her foster parents are always there! :thumbs up She perked right up and new it was okay when we came the second time.

Kailey is definately a licker! but she listened really well when told not to! It looks hard for her to be in the crate but it really is good healing time too! cause she is playful as well..so all in all its a bit of a rest for her to!

She is a very good girl and will make someone a wonderful addition to their home! Chase is also a special little guy with perfect manners!

Cindy

Chaser
August 11th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Since I got home her licking has become absolutely obsessive....we had to put the e-collar on her after she ate her dinner :sad: We really hate to do it, but it's just not worth the risk to her health. She'll have to wear it all night now....but we'll still let her sleep with us. :)

Chase is still running away from her now that she's wearing it outside of her crate - he's completely terrified! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Chase is still running away from her now that she's wearing it outside of her crate - he's completely terrified! :laughing:

:laughing: She's probably run into him w/it on :crazy:

FancyAppy
August 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Aaaah she looks so sad. I hate those sad looks they give you when you are trying to help.It makes you feel so guilty.