- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Soochie, African Grey and PJ Panama Amazon

August 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Here is a couple of pics of my parrots.

Soochie gets too spooked when taking her pics outside her cage, so took one of her up the inside of her cage!!

PJ doesn't mind her pics being taken - she has now chewed nearly all of my wall unit - that is what she is standing on in this pic!!

August 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Beautiful parrots, brandykins. :D Are they very vocal?

August 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM
aw, i have always wanted a parrot, they seem like such neat animals, do they know any words?

August 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Beautiful parrots, brandykins. :D Are they very vocal?

aw, i have always wanted a parrot, they seem like such neat animals, do they know any words?

Aw many thanks for your response! Yes, Soochie talks ten to the dozen! I have never needed to teach her anything. She listens to everything and repeats - and knows where to come in with her words!! When it starts to get dark at night she will say "put on the lights"!! If I put my jacket on to go the shops, she will say "going to the shops" because I say that to her if I am going out. When I take Loki out walkies, she will say "taking Loki out walkies" - she knows some nursery rhymes as well "Wee Willie Winkie" "Mary hand a Little Lamb" "Hickory Dickory Dock"!! She can say 1 up to 6 but has difficulty with 3!! PJ is quieter but calls "Rose" and has a lot of different ways to say "Hello"!! Soochie also sings "Rose, Rose, ah luv ye" - she speaks with a Glasgow accent - mine!!

They are both so cute. I love parrots, African Greys are the best speakers. Mine were hand reared. They can be annoying as well though when they decide to screech - one copies the other!! That does drive me crazy!! I cover them and they stop!! Then take the cover off and Soochie will ask "do you want your dinner"!!

Many thanks for your responses:)

Take care.:thumbs up

August 10th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Brandykins,awww they are beautiful,I think parrots are amazing birds,especially if they talk.
I would love a Parrot,but my cats would just think they are for supper:yell:
Mind you,a friend of mine has 2 parrots and 5 cats and the parrots are never in the cage.
My friend has all kinds of bird-thingys hanging from the ceiling everywhere in the house,where they will stay.

August 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Hello Chico2:) Oh that sounds cool to have cats and parrots! Loki likes to sniff both Soochie and PJ and I have to watch Soochie in case she bites Loki!! Both their cages have lots of toys in them - not too much though as they only play with so many at a time. I don't ever use a mirror in their cages, nor did I with my last parrot, or wee budgie. That can stop them talking!! PJ makes noises like my phones - both land line and mobile!! She also dances to music.

Love parrots - they are very entertaining and I never feel alone in my house!!

Take care.:thumbs up