Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Soochie, African Grey and PJ Panama Amazon

Brandykins
August 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Here is a couple of pics of my parrots.

Soochie gets too spooked when taking her pics outside her cage, so took one of her up the inside of her cage!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Brandykins/IMG_1292.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Brandykins/IMG_1291.jpg

PJ doesn't mind her pics being taken - she has now chewed nearly all of my wall unit - that is what she is standing on in this pic!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Brandykins/CRW_1275.jpg

SolaMio
August 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Beautiful parrots, brandykins. :D Are they very vocal?

allymack
August 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM
aw, i have always wanted a parrot, they seem like such neat animals, do they know any words?

Brandykins
August 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Beautiful parrots, brandykins. :D Are they very vocal?

aw, i have always wanted a parrot, they seem like such neat animals, do they know any words?

Aw many thanks for your response! Yes, Soochie talks ten to the dozen! I have never needed to teach her anything. She listens to everything and repeats - and knows where to come in with her words!! When it starts to get dark at night she will say "put on the lights"!! If I put my jacket on to go the shops, she will say "going to the shops" because I say that to her if I am going out. When I take Loki out walkies, she will say "taking Loki out walkies" - she knows some nursery rhymes as well "Wee Willie Winkie" "Mary hand a Little Lamb" "Hickory Dickory Dock"!! She can say 1 up to 6 but has difficulty with 3!! PJ is quieter but calls "Rose" and has a lot of different ways to say "Hello"!! Soochie also sings "Rose, Rose, ah luv ye" - she speaks with a Glasgow accent - mine!!

They are both so cute. I love parrots, African Greys are the best speakers. Mine were hand reared. They can be annoying as well though when they decide to screech - one copies the other!! That does drive me crazy!! I cover them and they stop!! Then take the cover off and Soochie will ask "do you want your dinner"!!

Many thanks for your responses:)

Take care.:thumbs up

chico2
August 10th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Brandykins,awww they are beautiful,I think parrots are amazing birds,especially if they talk.
I would love a Parrot,but my cats would just think they are for supper:yell:
Mind you,a friend of mine has 2 parrots and 5 cats and the parrots are never in the cage.
My friend has all kinds of bird-thingys hanging from the ceiling everywhere in the house,where they will stay.

Brandykins
August 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Hello Chico2:) Oh that sounds cool to have cats and parrots! Loki likes to sniff both Soochie and PJ and I have to watch Soochie in case she bites Loki!! Both their cages have lots of toys in them - not too much though as they only play with so many at a time. I don't ever use a mirror in their cages, nor did I with my last parrot, or wee budgie. That can stop them talking!! PJ makes noises like my phones - both land line and mobile!! She also dances to music.

Love parrots - they are very entertaining and I never feel alone in my house!!

Take care.:thumbs up