Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm a Newbie from Scotland:)

Brandykins
August 9th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Hello Everyone:) I am Rose and I am from Glasgow, Scotland but now live on the West Coast of Scotland. I am owned by Loki, my Utonagan 2.6 year old female dog and my two parrots, PJ, who is an Panama Amazon and Soochie, an African Grey and who can talk the hind legs off a donkey!!

Looks a lovely forum and look forward to posting up more on here:)

Take care.

:thumbs up

Sylvie
August 9th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Hey welcome to the board. You will find a wealth of knowledge and people willing to share their experiences with you.

Enjoy :highfive: for joining

P.S. others will be along begging, pleading and some who will demand to see some pictures of your family. :laughing::laughing: but not me:D

chico2
August 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
WELCOME Brandykins:thumbs up
Now you cannot say Utonagan female dog without a pic,have no idea what kind of dog she is,oh and love to see your parrots.

aslan
August 9th, 2008, 08:06 AM
yup i'm with Chico you gotta show us a picture so we know how cute your babies are. Oh and welcome to the forum from sooooo far away.

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the board, Rose from Scotland!

And yes, we definitely need to see pics of your furred and feathered friends! :D otherwise we'll just have to pout :rolleyes:

Brandykins
August 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Hey welcome to the board. You will find a wealth of knowledge and people willing to share their experiences with you.

Enjoy :highfive: for joining

P.S. others will be along begging, pleading and some who will demand to see some pictures of your family. :laughing::laughing: but not me:D

WELCOME Brandykins:thumbs up
Now you cannot say Utonagan female dog without a pic,have no idea what kind of dog she is,oh and love to see your parrots.

yup i'm with Chico you gotta show us a picture so we know how cute your babies are. Oh and welcome to the forum from sooooo far away.

Welcome to the board, Rose from Scotland!

And yes, we definitely need to see pics of your furred and feathered friends! :D otherwise we'll just have to pout :rolleyes:

Aw many thanks for your lovely welcomes and as soon as I figure out where to post pics of Loki (my pride and joy - and my parrots) I will post up pics of them!

Lovely board and very informative.

Again, many thanks:)

Take care:)

aslan
August 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
oh well gee i can help you there, click on post reply, scroll past where it says submit replyn and you'll see manage attachments, click it, click browse, find picture, upload, then click the submit reply button BELOW the manage attachments.:D

Brandykins
August 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Aw many thanks Aslan for the info on how to post piccies:) I will put up some in a wee while - got to go out for some messages just now to the local shops. I got caught in the heavy rain when out with Loki earlier!

Many thanks again for your kind help:)

Take care:)

Rose:):thumbs up

14+kitties
August 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Rose! Glad to have you here. It's a fun place to be and very informative! :thumbs up

Brandykins
August 9th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Rose! Glad to have you here. It's a fun place to be and very informative! :thumbs up

Many thanks for your kind welcome! It really looks a very lively forum:)

Take care.

Pit Bull Love
August 9th, 2008, 04:57 PM
My sister actually just visited Scotland as she does geneology so she wanted to see some sites where our ancestors lived {and died! lol} She brought back some amazing photos as well as some cool presents! :thumbs up Welcome!

droolbaby
August 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
hi Rose from Scotland!! im Rose from Australia:D and also new here
must say i havent heard of ur doggy breed before so im interested in pics 2
and i abosolutely loooooove african greys i soooooooooooo want one of my own but with my doggies and kids i almost have a zoo here (hmmm rethinks why i would want ANOTHER parrot...sorry kids,mum loves you all:laughing:))

Brandykins
August 9th, 2008, 08:00 PM
My sister actually just visited Scotland as she does geneology so she wanted to see some sites where our ancestors lived {and died! lol} She brought back some amazing photos as well as some cool presents! :thumbs up Welcome!

Aw I do hope your sister had a lovely time - was it Edinburgh she visited? That is where the Registers of Scotland are and I believe they can help with geneology! Scotland has beautiful scenery and once I get the hang of posting pics - I will put up a few of Glencoe and other Scottish places!

Many thanks for the welcome!

hi Rose from Scotland!! im Rose from Australia:D and also new here
must say i havent heard of ur doggy breed before so im interested in pics 2
and i abosolutely loooooove african greys i soooooooooooo want one of my own but with my doggies and kids i almost have a zoo here (hmmm rethinks why i would want ANOTHER parrot...sorry kids,mum loves you all:laughing:))

Hello Rose!! I have a cousin who lives in Australia - he is more of an Australian that a Glaswegian now. He was a Captain in the Merchant Navy and when he left the sea, was a harbour master at Sydney Harbour.

I will post up piccies as well of my two parrots ! Soochie, the AG, is a chatterbox and I never need to teach her anything and she knows where to come into a conversation! Soochie is my second African Grey, I had another, Peter, he was delightful but he died about 10 years ago, which was a shock to me. He was about 39 years old! I loved him to bits. Then I got my Panama Amazon but missed the African Greys, so bought Soochie, she is a pet!! So is PJ.

I will put up a link about the Utes when I post up piccies of her. She is a great dog. Very friendly and great with people and children. Everyone here loves her - even our local "Bobbies" (the police)!!

Many thanks again, for the welcomes!!

Take care. :thumbs up

sam'n'pat
August 10th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hi There,
I am from Montreal Quebec, In a small town west of called Lachute.
I have been here for awhile, although to me it seems like the first day so I thought it high time to make a post and say hello to everyone. I am hoping to make some great new friends here and here alot about animals.
We have one cockateil named Sherry. She talks and mimics different sounds she hears, as a matter of fact she is making the sound of a smoke alarm at this very moment.
Then there is whisper, our cat that some say looks like Garfield.
Misty is next. She is a water spanial mix.
Last of all is our big bully Sam, our beautiful blue eyed siberian husky, that I need so much help with.
Anyways, I am pleased to be here and would like to make new animal friends. sam'n'pat

breeze
August 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Hi There,
I have been here for awhile, although to me it seems like the first day so I thought it high time to make a post and say hello to everyone. I am hoping to make some great new friends here and here alot about animals.
We have one cockateil named Sherry. She talks and mimics different sounds she hears, as a matter of fact she is making the sound of a smoke alarm at this very moment.
Last of all is our big bully Sam, our beautiful blue eyed siberian husky, that I need so much help with.
Anyways, I am pleased to be here and would like to make new animal friends. sam'n'pat

Hi samnpat.. welcome to the board..if you go to the introduction thread and start your own new post, a lot more people will see that you are new to the board..:thumbs up

sam'n'pat
August 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Hi There,

FancyAppy
August 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Welcome. You will enjoy your time here...lots of great members and we really like photos here.Welcome aboard.

duttypaws
November 9th, 2008, 08:55 AM
ok after a long absent! I had to post as ur from my part of the woods!!!

Im Adi, Im from Glasgow but just finishing up 2 years of work in Montreal, QC!
Where on the W.Coast are you!

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Rose Welcome to the forum!!

I love your name, my grand daughter is also Rose. *S*

I hope u will be able to post pics of your pets soon.

Debbie