Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beautiful Photo

onster
August 9th, 2008, 04:51 AM
My friend posted this on her facebook and I just find it so beautiful..the horse looks so majestic. It was taken at a horse show in the United Arab Emirates and she posted this quotation along with it:

"Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy or beauty without vanity? Here, where grace is laced with muscle, and strength by gentleness confined. He serves without servility; he has fought without enmity. There is nothing so powerful, nothing less violent; there is nothing so quick, nothing more patient. We are his heirs, he our inheritance. Ladies and Gentlemen - the Horse!" Ronald Duncan (1954)

allymack
August 9th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Ah that really is a great photo! and such a great quote!

chico2
August 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
WOW Onster,horses really are magnificent creatures,beautiful pic:thumbs up
Love the quotation,so true..

ancientgirl
August 9th, 2008, 01:55 PM
That's a beautiful photo. Not only the horse, but the woman, and the combination of both of them is breathtaking!

Do you mind if I post it on my live journal?

onster
August 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Go ahead ancient! :D Is ure journal public/private? Id love to check it out...im an avid reader of blogs and similar :thumbs up

I think the woman looks beautiful too and I love the peacock feathers on her cloak thing and the vibrant blue colour underneath

ancientgirl
August 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks Onster. Yes, live journal is a blog. I keep mine semi private. Some posts I only allow my journal "friends" see, and others are public. I do this just to weed out the nuts!

This is my journal: Live Journal (http://ancientgirl.livejournal.com/)

FancyAppy
August 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
oh the photo is so beautiful. thank you for sharing it with us.

Brandykins
August 12th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Stunning photograph - the woman is simply gorgeous. Love the horse, both make the photograph stand out!

:thumbs up